EQ2 TLE - Varsoon server

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Any suggestions for lively servers to play on?

And is it particularly feasible to solo my way up and get a good look at each expansion as I go?

Since you don't want to run on the TLE, I would suggest Maj'Dul server.

As far as leveling up soio, yes, you can solo up from 1 to Max pretty easily with a necro, and see/do most everything other than some heroic content and raids. I'd recommend also leveling up the sage tradeskill for your spell upgrades, and be sure to use the apprentice to research.

I found the SK to be the easiest and fastest to level up solo, I ran 1 - 100 with 100 Armorer when 100 was cap, and it was super fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not EQ2 expert, but TLE is going to be the only real lively servers in the entire game. Yes you can solo and see the majority of content, especially on a necro. Raiding isn't really anything special for the first few expansions anyhow IMO.

Maybe I'll play on this TLE, just like a year in or something so I can avoid unlock waits to a point.

Mur Mur Or I can check out Maj'Dul, yeah. TBH I'd rather go SK than Necro anyway so I'll give that a shot.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So I think I've settled on playing a Monk here. May roll a Dirge/Troub alt later if I decide I want to raid and I'm having trouble getting a guild. I guess fighters have trouble getting raid slots, I've only ever raided w/ Enc and Bard so I dunno. I can't really start until next week but if anyone wants to do some dungeon running or has a decent guild rolling post it. I'm hoping to play pretty casually and not burn out because I want to play KoS onward.

For once DBG all-access is useful because I still plan to play a bit on Mischief too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This TLE sounded pretty cool until I saw the 3 month unlocks.
It's even worse than that - it's actually 4 month unlocks. Pretty much killed all motivation I had to play here.

Ended up joining the Live server Halls of Fate. It's active enough to still feel like an MMO, but it's definitely not just completely littered with players. Though, with where the population is in EQ2, that's true of all its servers. And honestly? Live feels very similar to a TLE experience, especially since they totally reworked gear/stats.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Just in case you guys were curious, the devs have adjusted a lot of the content to be more challenging and not fall over instantly. Apparently they've touched group content as well.
Items have been reitemized across the board too.

This should probably be the best TLE launch in a while.

• 2Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Just in case you guys were curious, the devs have adjusted a lot of the content to be more challenging and not fall over instantly. Apparently they've touched group content as well.
Items have been reitemized across the board too.

This should probably be the best TLE launch in a while.

Does this have the Secrets stamp of approval? I know you've been pessimistic on some of the past launches.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Does this have the Secrets stamp of approval? I know you've been pessimistic on some of the past launches.
Dude, they reitemized Nek2 and nerfed Icy Digs gear. It's promising. That shit hasn't been touched in years. They had Mint (their new itemization dev) go through and knock all of it out from detailed forum posts. Caith had that job before and barely anything got touched - the biggest raiding guild even slipped them a very detailed spreadsheet document a few years back of the before/after stats to change and it was absolutely ignored.

I think someone at EG7 must've gotten a bit harsh on them. It's never been this quick for changes. I think Niami must have been involved, too - she's generally knowledgeable about EQ2 more than anyone else on the team, so she must've pointed them in the right direction as well.

If they do regular updates, I'm super hopeful. But they likely will go straight into expansion cycles after launch.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Dude, they reitemized Nek2 and nerfed Icy Digs gear. It's promising. That shit hasn't been touched in years. They had Mint (their new itemization dev) go through and knock all of it out from detailed forum posts. Caith had that job before and barely anything got touched - the biggest raiding guild even slipped them a very detailed spreadsheet document a few years back of the before/after stats to change and it was absolutely ignored.

I think someone at EG7 must've gotten a bit harsh on them. It's never been this quick for changes. I think Niami must have been involved, too - she's generally knowledgeable about EQ2 more than anyone else on the team, so she must've pointed them in the right direction as well.

If they do regular updates, I'm super hopeful. But they likely will go straight into expansion cycles after launch.
Lol look at how Kaladim was handled. They basically gave up and quit unlocking expansions after DoV. Varsoon will be no different.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Lol look at how Kaladim was handled. They basically gave up and quit unlocking expansions after DoV. Varsoon will be no different.
I'm fully aware. But it was nice that they put extra effort in. A lot of contested NPCs had their HP adjusted and that wasn't in the notes.

Patch notes, btw. Revelations is the Icy Digs instance quest. It sounds like there's cloaks to replace the Seraph of the Stags ones.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Best classes? Strongest? Most fun? Haven't played this since 2008ish, and never past the first 15 levels or so.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Best classes? Strongest? Most fun? Haven't played this since 2008ish, and never past the first 15 levels or so.
Summoners (conj nec) are strong. SK (I think?), Fury, Swash probably strongest in tank/healer/scout for classic. Others may have more detailed/better answers

Also:

So this guy just finished his series so I figured I'd post the videos here if anyone is interested. I found them to be a good reference for what each class gets and what roles they fill in classic. I do kind of wish he'd broken tanks out the way he did the others classes but w/e still useful if you're considering what class you want to play

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
FYI

1653414714631.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So if friends are rats and inkies and such, how long before I could play with them if I am a goody goody side

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I feel like everyone begins converging probably in the 30's. It's not until to see folks in the 20's though. I never felt like it was a big deal on PvP servers to get to other zones like the Caves earlier on and Thundering Steppes. I think most people keep their head down and plow through levels up to 20 though fairly easy before intermingling much.