EQ2 TLE - Varsoon server

Rucket

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is this TLP going to be a true Classic experience, for the most part? Or will the cities and what not be all different? I haven't played in, probably 11 years.

If by "true Classic experience" you mean you do quests in the neighborhoods, get citizenship, go from there? No. It's 1 to 50 content, but the early game experience is different + Darklight Wood (Neriak) and Frostfang Sea (New Halas) will be available that provide alternative (and more rewarding) early questing.

As for the cities, Freeport & Qeynos are 2 zones now, the neighborhoods will be open but not have any quests in them. Just places to go and get a bit of nostalgia.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Definitely do Frostfang Sea or Darklight Wood after the newbie island, it's way better quest flow than anything else. Going necro this time, they never fixed conjy's on these servers lol

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Definitely do Frostfang Sea or Darklight Wood after the newbie island, it's way better quest flow than anything else. Going necro this time, they never fixed conjy's on these servers lol
Sad that they never showed the conjurers some love. I always liked the graphical look of their spells. The boulders falling from the sky is nice.

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I remember that old frog that would say something like "I just don't like the cut of your jib"

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I remember that old frog that would say something like "I just don't like the cut of your jib"
To this day a couple of EQ2 voicelines will randomly get stuck in my head.

"Gather round people, gather round! I'll be warming up my voice in a few minutes!" - Elf newbie town

"How fortunate for me, more adventurers wee! Come now, gather round!" - Gnome in Wailing Caves

I don't know why, but i'm stuck with them for life.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

"Gather round people, gather round! I'll be warming up my voice in a few minutes!" - Elf newbie town

"How fortunate for me, more adventurers wee! Come now, gather round!" - Gnome in Wailing Caves

LOL so true. I could honestly hear that gnome's voice in my head saying "How fortunate for me..." while reading it just now.

Another one is the dark elf lady that walks around the crafting area in Neriak who says, "What am I forgetting. Oh that's right. Sugar!". ... hmmm is it Sugar... now that I think of it, I'm not sure if she says sugar or butter or something else. Dang... anyway the point still stands.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
If they don't change the experience rate for this new TLE server, I'm thinking that my group will be max level day one easily.

We are going to be going with max group experience potions, and if you add that to Live server experience rate, we'll be 50 in no time.

On one hand, I am ok with that because I spend the rest of the time going back and doing all the various heritage, lore and legend, harvesting, and crafting quests. The on the other hand, I am not ok with it because I kinda wanted to spend a little more time dungeon crawling while leveling up.

Doing quests while leveling is going to be not even worth it because of how fast the experience will be going with pots. It's going to be just a slaughter fest on mobs.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

"Have you ever SEEN a gnoll before?!" - an abomination of a human 'child'

1651853999310.png

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If they don't change the experience rate for this new TLE server, I'm thinking that my group will be max level day one easily.

We are going to be going with max group experience potions, and if you add that to Live server experience rate, we'll be 50 in no time.

On one hand, I am ok with that because I spend the rest of the time going back and doing all the various heritage, lore and legend, harvesting, and crafting quests. The on the other hand, I am not ok with it because I kinda wanted to spend a little more time dungeon crawling while leveling up.

Doing quests while leveling is going to be not even worth it because of how fast the experience will be going with pots. It's going to be just a slaughter fest on mobs.
You were able to hit max in about 8ish hours on Kaladim. Varsoon will be 4-6, easily.

That said, I think my buddy and I are just going to play live. Varsoon having 4 month unlocks just seems insanely boring and slow, especially with live EXP rates.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Is there any kind of class tier list for tle or does it change through each xpac? Or is the content so easy it doesn't matter much.

Content is so easy that it doesn't matter. Back in the day you needed a full group to do stuff like Fallen Gate, but now it can be easily duo'd by two people with a pulse. That being said, if balance is similar to Tarinax, then the top classes will be Necro and Brig.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

I loved the Willowwood.... I can still hear the Elf dude saying that. EQ2 had some really memorable pieces. It's a shame they missed the mark early, had a few good years during WoW's peak, and then fell off like a lead balloon. I really wish they could have address some of their core issues. I still have fun periodically but it's just weighed down by some undeniable problems.

Housing, AH, and tradeskills were all excellent in EQ2.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Nostalgia looks like its going to get the best of me. Think I'll roll a monk here about a week after release. Think I wanna just be real casual and take my time... will see how it goes. 4 month expansion pacing really incentivizes playing casually to me. On the first pvp TLE I think I burned out by the first week of DoF and I'd like to at least see KoS again

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Apparently they are going to set the experience rate to that of what is on the Kaladim server. So, it will be slower than Live experience.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
That's good, but if they don't actually make the leveling content beefier then it won't be very fun to play. Dungeon mobs die at a reasonable pace with a 2-3 man group and way too fast with a 6 man group.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
That's good, but if they don't actually make the leveling content beefier then it won't be very fun to play. Dungeon mobs die at a reasonable pace with a 2-3 man group and way too fast with a 6 man group.
I doubt they will change that. I know they worked on itemization to make it more inline with the eras, but I haven't heard anything about a mob difficulty refactor.