EQ2 TLE - Varsoon server

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
So if friends are rats and inkies and such, how long before I could play with them if I am a goody goody side

You're probably gonna stick around in New Halas/Darklight Wood until just under 20 to get the best gear, but you could all group up to hit up Blackburrow or the Wailing Caves around 14. Travel is gonna be a little annoying but nothing too bad.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Are these available on Varsoon?

Yes.

I made it in for a total of 3 minutes my first time, but in that time could claim the bags. This is about the only thing that worked all day. Got in 5 times, and booted within 45 seconds each time. Only good thing is I now have 8 characters all with names I wanted.

What a cluster fuck.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Does this game not have a UI scale slider? Please tell me they aren't that fucking lazy. Playing Ultrawide like this is going to be shit.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Nope. You can increase some font sizes, but really the only tolerable solution is to play full screen at lower rez. Apparently DarqUI is working on a 4k version, but it's behind their patreon.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Mur

Trakanon Raider
You can adjust your hotkey/hotbar size easily. Right click on hotbar, select hotbar settings, and adjust size. I know I had to bump the size up a bit at 2560x1080. Other than that you're stuck.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Make sure to uncheck 'smooth mouse' in the options. Was wondering why moving the camera felt laggy.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
We had a blast last night. Several folks had said it felt good to play this type of MMO again. EQ2 is a nice balanced of old school and new things. I'm definitely going to take my time with this since the unlock is so long but I do wish Rise of Kunark was a bit quicker. I think when Wraith comes out, it will take our crew away from this but we'll see. Summer is a good time to be casual.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Used a krono, and got an hour out of the game. There was a bit of nostalgia, but this game has aged terribly. That engine just looks awful, uglier than Vanguard x1000.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Which one of you autists is Trollpatrol complaining and talking about everquest PVP 24/7 in gen chat

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Used a krono, and got an hour out of the game. There was a bit of nostalgia, but this game has aged terribly. That engine just looks awful, uglier than Vanguard x1000.
I barely made it past the boat. My troll looked so fucking stupid. Just can't do it.

• 1Solidarity

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I use alert5 in EQ as my 'charm just broke' audio trigger. That's the same sound that plays every time you complete a quest objective in EQ2 and it's giving me anxiety (beyond the bad graphics).

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Which one of you autists is Trollpatrol complaining and talking about everquest PVP 24/7 in gen chat

sir... SIR!! Duels are *NOT**** PeeVeePee!

..(WoW was the 1st MMO, so turn 360º and walk the other direction!!11)

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dungeon grinding with xp pots is the only way to play this game. Solo questing is so bad. Thundering Steppes quests feel like they were thrown together in a weekend.

• 1Solidarity