EQ2 TLE - Varsoon server

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The bloodlines questline is kinda fun if you have a static group, splitpaw on the other hand is absolute garbage.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I assume all T5 raid content was cleared quickly?
I'm not sure if Bloodlines has been cleared yet. T'Haen the Lost is far overtuned and I don't think the devs have any intent on tuning him down.
I am not sure who tried Acts of War / Brutal Acts of War yet.

All other content, including Vox/HM Kra'Thuk, is cleared.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Darathar is the first difficult raid encounter so far, we couldn't take him down. Easily 2 shot our guardian tank. We finally got the pull down and debuff him enough so he doesn't delete the tank, but the massive aoe he does was too much dmg. Idk if we need to stack classes differently or get more resist gear but it was rough.

Rucket

Golden Knight of the Realm
Darathar is the first difficult raid encounter so far, we couldn't take him down. Easily 2 shot our guardian tank. We finally got the pull down and debuff him enough so he doesn't delete the tank, but the massive aoe he does was too much dmg. Idk if we need to stack classes differently or get more resist gear but it was rough.

Having 3 healers in the MT group can help quite a bit. Getting multiple classes that can debuff things like Haste, DPS and Strength will help a lot on Darathar as well. It's a slog. He also has a mechanic where every 25% health he will do a big heal but once he uses it, he will never use it again. So if you have to wipe a couple of times while getting him to blow his heals, that can work as well.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
The very first TLE (years ago) I remember him being very easy and they had not adjusted.

Glad to hear things are tougher again.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Yeah - Darathar still hits like a truck fully debuffed but that's how you have to do it. He's also been buffed since the first 2 weeks. There was a bug about 2 or 3 weeks in that made mobs hit way less hard than they were supposed to, then they overtuned them again, and now they're gradually in the place they should be. Darathar won't see any more changes, it's a proper challenging fight now.

You'll probably want both a Defiler and Mystic. Those debuffs stack. Then, a Troub/Dirge for their buffs/debuffs. Illusionist gets a debuff that makes mobs hit less frequently. It's a quick cast and lasts long enough that it's not a burden on them. They all just need to watch their maintained. Fight stability is impacted when debuffs drop and the tank drops. It's easy to rez a tank due to RNG failing the tank, it's impossible to stabilize if you don't have debuffs going still.

For avoidance, you'll want at least one bruiser. You'll want one Paladin for Pledge of Armament / in case the MT dies someone can pick it up.
You'll want to also keep conj/necro pets up in defensive stance for about 30s at the start of the fight, in case all tanks die that will ensure your pet is the next thing to pick Darathar up and not your highest parsing DPS.
You'll want to always clean rez the tanks. Save your 'no sickness' rez for the Guardian so he can be rebuffed quickly.'

For items, you can use two types of hex dolls - the one that debuffs haste, and the one that debuffs primary stats and increases damage taken by target. Rotate them on 2 minute cooldowns; have a raid lead that is wary of debuffs in charge, EQ2 players are idiots and they'll forget basic shit if you don't tell them to do it. Since midcontent just came out, you can get the Wand of Ice and related items from the Bloodline Chronicles. That's like a 16.2 haste, and a 32 primary stat debuff that lasts a solid minute.

If your healer sucks, keep a "Superior Elemental Remedy" handy - Darathar is 58, and as such, your standard individual cures won't land. You need that potion to cure his elemental AOE.
Prioritize keeping debuffs up and keeping people topped off. Allocate Fury/Wardens to healing / topping off groups that are struggling.

He's easy if you have all of the above, but out of the above, I think you'd only require Troub, Mystic, Defiler - once you get some gear and some strategy down, that fight becomes 'well, it'd be nice if we had x class' vs 'we need x class'

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been playing past 2 weeks, people have really forgotten how to play this game. Simple stuff like dps efficiency is not understood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Great writeup on Darathar. For the potion part, our RL calls out when to get the cure ready, and we haven't missed a beat. We're no uber raiding guild either (currently in For Science!)

Got my Prestige crossbow from the Hunter quest to replace a shitty wand, should help the dps a bit! My Aim skill was 5/250, didn't even see that one in the skill list lol. A bit of afk shooting sharks in Everfrost and it's capped now.

fat12

Trakanon Raider
Had played this game a little during the Echoes of Fayder expansion back in 2006 or whatever. Have been playing this for about a month, and it was pretty fun for its newness, but it's quickly waning. I got to level 50 in like 14 hours, so, I definitely rushed through the majority of the leveling experience (which was easy to do because of quick it is to grind in dungeons). So now I've been raiding the majority of the time, got my prismatics and done most of the raid instances save Deserted Mines, and the game has definitely gotten boring. Aside from logging in to do daily's for my hunter, I have no real desire to play. Raids themselves are kind of a snooze with some real barebones mechanics. Instead, they're just mobs with a ton of HP. I'm hoping that the DoF expansion is a little more interesting, but that isn't until September.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Had played this game a little during the Echoes of Fayder expansion back in 2006 or whatever. Have been playing this for about a month, and it was pretty fun for its newness, but it's quickly waning. I got to level 50 in like 14 hours, so, I definitely rushed through the majority of the leveling experience (which was easy to do because of quick it is to grind in dungeons). So now I've been raiding the majority of the time, got my prismatics and done most of the raid instances save Deserted Mines, and the game has definitely gotten boring. Aside from logging in to do daily's for my hunter, I have no real desire to play. Raids themselves are kind of a snooze with some real barebones mechanics. Instead, they're just mobs with a ton of HP. I'm hoping that the DoF expansion is a little more interesting, but that isn't until September.

Raids don't really get "mechanics" until some of the harder fights in EoF, and even then it's still not much. Rise of Kunark does a bit better but you won't really see unique mechanical challenges on every boss encounter until The Shadow Odyssey.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1658867107381.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
What are krono up to at this point on the server? I have been devoting all my time to the Yelinak server (EQ1), and haven't put much time in to farming on EQ2 lately. I know I have around 12 plat I think on Varsoon. Last krono I bought was 15 plat.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What are krono up to at this point on the server? I have been devoting all my time to the Yelinak server (EQ1), and haven't put much time in to farming on EQ2 lately. I know I have around 12 plat I think on Varsoon. Last krono I bought was 15 plat.
23 plat on average. Was up to 25 at max I think.

Occasionally you'll see someone with a stolen credit card or something and just run amok and buy a shit ton of Krono. That's what led to the recent spike. Someone was instantly buying krono below 20 plat.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Wow that sucks. I'll have to farm quite a bit to make up the difference.
It's honestly not that hard to make plat. Shinnies, harvests, you can craft shit. Even just farming nameds to vendor trash armor/adepts is fairly decent return.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I used to make an absolute killing farming level cap mobs (white con) on previous TLE servers, farm enough and lvl 50 masters dropped. Even 50 adepts would sell because nobody could craft spells higher than 49. Now that people can just open their wallet and get insta masters, they sell for about 1/50th what they used to ;\

I love this game and a lot of the people in it, but each TLE is getting easier. I needed a woodcrafter for Hunter crossbow bolts, and got one 1-50 in just over an hour, thanks to exp pots + the insta finish crafting pots. I get that you don't have to use it, but it's there lol