EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
Unfortunately I slept late until about 8-9am so I wasn't able to implement fixes before the primetime hit

Hosix

All labs matter!
I got this to work...kind of...spells and sound are a no go. I downloaded the file but nadda

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a ton of help from you guys getting flagged for Kunark. Was pretty awesome the amount of people who came for Phinny (and apparently also did Naggy/Vox, and after the planar flagging for others).

Where's the best place to level in Kunark at 52? Sebilis? Karnors? Would like to be able to hit the upper 50's with a few hours here and there after work this week.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Had a ton of help from you guys getting flagged for Kunark. Was pretty awesome the amount of people who came for Phinny (and apparently also did Naggy/Vox, and after the planar flagging for others).

Where's the best place to level in Kunark at 52? Sebilis? Karnors? Would like to be able to hit the upper 50's with a few hours here and there after work this week.

Chardok

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, I quit EQ around the middle of SoV (returned during PoP very briefly) and never really got to experience BLs. Plus, you end up forgetting a ton of shit after 16 years. Anyhow, I've been using http://eqitems.com/?menuid=1 to "gear" up my BL. The issue is, most of the "BIS" items that it suggests seem to be loaded with wisdom. Is that really the best gearing strategy for BLs? I always thought they were more "monk-lite", stat-wise. Is that not the case?

Secondly, what makes a good duo partner for a BL? I was using a druid for now, but that's mostly for a port-slave, I think. Are druids a solid option all the way to 65?

Lastly, who do we need to /tell for invites to Rerolled?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So, I quit EQ around the middle of SoV (returned during PoP very briefly) and never really got to experience BLs. Plus, you end up forgetting a ton of shit after 16 years. Anyhow, I've been using http://eqitems.com/?menuid=1 to "gear" up my BL. The issue is, most of the "BIS" items that it suggests seem to be loaded with wisdom. Is that really the best gearing strategy for BLs? I always thought they were more "monk-lite", stat-wise. Is that not the case?

Secondly, what makes a good duo partner for a BL? I was using a druid for now, but that's mostly for a port-slave, I think. Are druids a solid option all the way to 65?

Lastly, who do we need to /tell for invites to Rerolled?

Don't worry too much about gear yet, do a /who all rerolled most on can invite.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Where did you guys go to level early on? Got to 15 last night and have cleared Crushbone once. Do I head back there or go somewhere like oasis? I'm doing it solo as a pally so I'm relying on the free buffs from the Hub. I'd head to unrest but it'd take too much time off my buff timer.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Where did you guys go to level early on? Got to 15 last night and have cleared Crushbone once. Do I head back there or go somewhere like oasis? I'm doing it solo as a pally so I'm relying on the free buffs from the Hub. I'd head to unrest but it'd take too much time off my buff timer.

Upper guk at level 5-30ish, lower guk to 36ish then to solb to 50-55

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did Lavastorm from about 1-12, and then Solusek A until 20-23ish. I mostly chose these because you can port straight to Lavastorm, and not waste time with the short dmg shield that you get from the buffer.

After that, Lower Guk and then Solusek B. Do solb until you get flagged for everything else, which is currently where I'm at as of last night.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Didn't know if frogloks of Guk faction mattered. I slayed countless numbers of Guk frogs on live but with the new GB quest I didn't know if that was ok. Does the GB still drop or is it quest only? Didn't see the mob up when I poked around yesterday. Thought there were no PH on this server?

SirJames

Golden Squire
Toxxula forest 1-4, then Lavastorm 5-16, then head into Sol A. Once your bored there go to upper guk. Once everything is green there head to lower, roughly level 25-28. Hit up sol b effreti / fire giants any time after 38.

I bound myself inside lguk waterfall live side area and only killed dead side frogs, few times I died was easy to get going again.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
My first day was a lot of fun, got to level 46, completed my planar access quest, got a Vox/Nagafen kill and picked up some nice items. Thanks to the bro's who helped me out!

V9e3hUx.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe I just suck at leveling? Geez.

I guess I did spend an inordinate amount of time flagging yesterday, and Saturday was marred by the server going up and down. I think I started Thursday and I'm at 52.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Didn't know if frogloks of Guk faction mattered. I slayed countless numbers of Guk frogs on live but with the new GB quest I didn't know if that was ok. Does the GB still drop or is it quest only? Didn't see the mob up when I poked around yesterday. Thought there were no PH on this server?
As a paladin I would get ghoul bane asap and head to lower guk. With a self buff you proc a 200 and 150 dd all the time vs undead. You kill extremely fast at that level. Ghoul bane drops btw

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I just suck at leveling? Geez.

I guess I did spend an inordinate amount of time flagging yesterday, and Saturday was marred by the server going up and down. I think I started Thursday and I'm at 52.
Can't be worse than me. Started Thursday as well and I'm 16. Half my problem is remembering how to play and the other half is the amount of playtime I get. Hardly any. A lot different than back in college doing all nighters camping stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got planar flagged last night with some RR bros. Was a good time. I think I just need CT and im Kunark flagged. I'll be on tonight if bros want to level. I'm rocking some pretty sick weapons so I'm mad dps right now.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Anyone able to hook my warrior up with a weapon for leveling after 5cst today? Will provide mucho likes =D

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
Anyone able to hook my warrior up with a weapon for leveling after 5cst today? Will provide mucho likes =D
I'll check the bank when i'm able to get on tonight, which will more than likely be after 9pm est. I had a wealth of swords at one point but have been passing stuff out like candy. Time to restock may be close!

• 1Like