EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What is everyone opinion on custom maps?

I have almost a decade of experience making maps/zones/worlds using various tools and thinking about taking a stab at some custom EQ zones. One being a labyrinth(not just high walls) with minimal mobs or maybe quest only mobs, but a prize on the ground at the end. The other and my main focus would be a fun dungeon and or outdoor zone, not sure how hard it is to add custom maps and get them populated but I am keen to try.

I'm sure it is far easier to re purpose existing zones but beyond PoP they are mostly straight lines and stale as fuck.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My current MQ2 doesn't show the LDR and <Leader of Rerolled>. Is there a command to turn that stuff on?

Found it:

/caption MQCaptions on
/caption MQCaptions off

Warflagon

Peasant
I have all 10, plus extra 1 Dl'd and mounted, but I don't understand how to install. When I click on any of the exe's I get message that program can't start because mss32.dll is missing from your pc. .....

What I doing wrong here?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Extract all the folders into one folder, right click the eqgame.exe and click create shortcut on desktop. Right click the shortcut and put patchme at the end of the target. Just going off of memory so hopefully I'm not forgetting anything.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Extract all the folders into one folder, right click the eqgame.exe and click create shortcut on desktop. Right click the shortcut and put patchme at the end of the target. Just going off of memory so hopefully I'm not forgetting anything.

This should work. If you got the RoF2 from the server forums the EQHosts.ini is already pointed to the Emu login servers. This just a zip of the installed folder off someone's drive, so you don't need to "install" it like you would off a disc, just un-zip and create the shortcut as above.

Target on your shortcut should look like the below (of course pointing you where ever your new ROF2 directory is):
  • "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

More info here if required: Metronic | Admin Dashboard Template

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not really sure about this decision to have a GM event dropping retarded loot.

So far it seems like Tunes has been pretty adamant that we can't even zone into certain areas without getting the appropriate flag, even if it makes literally no sense game wise. But now what motivation does someone have to bother getting say, Velious flagged, when they have items that dwarf anything currently in the game.

It's a very strange direction. I could understand starting a new server with custom content, but this is just out of left field.

Also, I'm incredibly bitter about Karnor's being down all day. Tunes seems to be ignoring it.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I've nerfed the loot to be slightly worse than VT/Velious loot. Sorry pal for making your pixels worthless for 30 minutes.

PoP unlocks soon~

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Worried about this server.

O2mL9y6.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I've nerfed the loot to be slightly worse than VT/Velious loot. Sorry pal for making your pixels worthless for 30 minutes.

PoP unlocks soon~

I like GM events and custom content can be an amazingly good tool that adds to the community - if it's used correctly. Dropping loot that is far superior to loot from an expansion that isn't even open yet? That seems a bit silly.

I'd even be fine with a FEW of these types of items being awarded (stuff that is SLIGHTLY better than current-era content) on a monthly or so basis- as a ONE time event. Putting them in a zone that is going to last until Sunday where trash has a 1 hour repop and bosses have an 8 hour respawn? That's asking for some HUGE mudflation and is a surefire way to hurt the server.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Uh, that loot is crazy good. Screw that. I will stay with my progression ghetto loot! #Lady Vox loot matters!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Did anyone ever puzzle out the eq map format? I always wondered what it was. Looked kind of bspish, but with vertex lighting.