EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't kill the PH, logout/back in if no one else is in the zone and see if she spawns. Repeat as needed.
This. It's kind of a crappy way to go about it, but it's kind of necessary.

In Chardok, for instance, I tried farming the ph for iksar betrayer for about 2 hours with no luck (Chardok is also on a 1/2 respawn timer; so 11 min instead of 22...which means I camped it for "4 hours"). Using the camp out method I was able to get it in about 15 minutes. There may be issues with ph spawn rates on this server, or I just forget how god awful the rates actually are.

Speaking of broken mechanics, the resists on this server need a major reworking. The amount of times I've been rooted for 2-3 minutes at the end of a fight is absurd. It really became noticeable yesterday when I was charmed by an enchanter mob for six minutes!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Have a few hours to kill tonight so I'll be logging in. Pushing for 50. See you pals soon

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This. It's kind of a crappy way to go about it, but it's kind of necessary.

In Chardok, for instance, I tried farming the ph for iksar betrayer for about 2 hours with no luck (Chardok is also on a 1/2 respawn timer; so 11 min instead of 22...which means I camped it for "4 hours"). Using the camp out method I was able to get it in about 15 minutes. There may be issues with ph spawn rates on this server, or I just forget how god awful the rates actually are.

Speaking of broken mechanics, the resists on this server need a major reworking. The amount of times I've been rooted for 2-3 minutes at the end of a fight is absurd. It really became noticeable yesterday when I was charmed by an enchanter mob for six minutes!

The many times I've done the quest on live I've spent anywhere from 12 to 70 hours camping each pipe. These days on TLP servers I don't even fuck with it, just pay people for loot rights when they drop.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Charm mechanics are great on this server.

I know where I'm going to farm 100's of AA's an hour.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The many times I've done the quest on live I've spent anywhere from 12 to 70 hours camping each pipe. These days on TLP servers I don't even fuck with it, just pay people for loot rights when they drop.

Jesus, that's insane. Okay, I guess I don't feel as bad now.

Charm mechanics are great on this server.

I know where I'm going to farm 100's of AA's an hour.

Let me tag along, bro.

Speaking of AA's, are most people waiting until 60 (or 65) to start farming AA's?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
PHs and drop rates are pretty whack. I've wasted so much time camping Shin Lord for GB (doing /camp method) I figured I'd try the quest version since I had one of the four parts. Killed tons of the goblins in Butcher block with no drop of sword part. I could say eff it, but it's part of the pally epic and god damnit I'm going to get that dumb sword. Had everything on live except the books from Nagy and Vox.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gravel Gravel I stopped at 60 for like 25 - 30 AA. Really you just want to get 65 asap.

But since you will get held up by the 65 un-lock quest somewhat you will get a few naturally before you can get to 65.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Get your resists up. Resists matter on this server. You shouldn't be expecting to resist most shit in non-raid gear pre-65 anyway.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Get your resists up. Resists matter on this server. You shouldn't be expecting to resist most shit in non-raid gear pre-65 anyway.

Old servers MR for roots never mattered, you will be rooted constantly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since I'm running a druid, I cast Resist Magic on my monk constantly. Doesn't make any difference.

But like you said, I'm pre-65 anyway, and it's a bitch to find worthwhile gear period, much less stuff that has resists on it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I had Sifodias who was going to run me through VP, but I crashed and then the server got rebooted and he never returned. I did get a Fabled Fungi Tunic though out of the one kill.

The group of us that are all around 55-59 should try to hit up VP tonight or tomorrow. Is it a 4 hour respawn like the rest of the Kunark flagging mobs?

If we wait until tomorrow, I may be able to grind out to level 60 by then.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Figured I'd share this... http://eqitems.com/ I wanted to see what the bis items were and they allow you to sort it by expansion. Looking at the velious items makes me /jizz as they were a bunch of items I wished I could have had back in the day that I never came close to having a chance at.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
@Agraza incase you still need the info:

To spawn Vyzh`dra the Cursed:

Kill the seven Taskmasters (Kavamezh, Keuzozh, Mikazha, Revan`Kezh, Vezhkah, Zerumaz, andZhe`Vozh), the two Rhozths (Ssrakezh and Ssravizh), and Warden Mekuzh.

Doing so spawns a glyph covered serpent. Kill this to spawn Vyzh`dra the Exiled. Kill him to spawn Vyzh`dra the Cursed.

Note: A rune covered serpent and Vyzh`dra the Banished will appear in the aforementioned mobs' places if they have been killed prior to an unsuccessful Vyzh`dra the Cursed attempt. The only difference is they will not drop loot.

Vyzh`dra the Cursed himself casts an AE Charm which can make this encounter interesting...

This guy drops the best weapons my bard can use even in PoP era, minus the Quarm swarm pet weapons.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Raid Spawn Times:

Classic = 2hr
Kunark = 4hr
Velious = 6hr
Luclin = 6hr
PoP = ???

Kill the seven Taskmasters (Kavamezh, Keuzozh, Mikazha, Revan`Kezh, Vezhkah, Zerumaz, andZhe`Vozh), the two Rhozths (Ssrakezh and Ssravizh), and Warden Mekuzh.

Doing so spawns a glyph covered serpent. Kill this to spawn Vyzh`dra the Exiled. Kill him to spawn Vyzh`dra the Cursed.

Note: A rune covered serpent and Vyzh`dra the Banished will appear in the aforementioned mobs' places if they have been killed prior to an unsuccessful Vyzh`dra the Cursed attempt. The only difference is they will not drop loot.

Vyzh`dra the Cursed himself casts an AE Charm which can make this encounter interesting...

This guy drops the best weapons my bard can use even in PoP era, minus the Quarm swarm pet weapons.

We did this the other night and got A rune covered serpent and Vyzh`dra the Banished. Banished gave us loot and spawned Vyzh`dra the Cursed with normal loot, it was very odd.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

In my big emu days I had Cursed locked on PEQ for about 2 months straight, I got a bloodfrenzy and promptly quit the game for months.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Raid Spawn Times:

Classic = 2hr
Kunark = 4hr
Velious = 6hr
Luclin = 6hr
PoP = ???
Thanks, wish there was more info about the server progression published somewhere. Stuff like the Planes unlocking, what the 65 flagging is, normal flagging, etc. Seems like there's a lot of information available, but you have to ask another person in game. Otherwise good luck.