EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BTW, Maze (Tunes) and Secrets have been in chat every single day this week and behind the scenes fixing things. If you are not on discord chat, you probably are missing all of this discussion. Discord info is in the GMOTD when you log in / in the guild info.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
Question on accounts:

I have 3 or 4 eq emu accounts. I decided to roll a warrior in addition to my ench/cleric. So I have the flexibility of bringing any two classes in any combo, I made them all on separate accounts. When I start shuffling around between accounts, I end up getting booted from the server.

E.g.,
1) ench and cleric are logged in
2) I log out ench to log in warrior
3) when the warrior logs in, cleric and warrior are both booted
4) I can log in fine

Is that just how stuff works here?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
What response? And we are invested, of course we taking this shit seriously.

The response for him to basically read the text and figure it out on his own because it was spelled out for him in the quest text.

And I wasn't clear on my meaning of taking the game too seriously. If I logged in and my characters were gone I'd be mad as hell right now too just for example. It was more of the "rite of passage" vibe that was being put out there rather than just putting the steps out there for a fellow guildy. And on the flip side of all that I can see how it can be annoying to answer the same questions over and over in regards to these quests. So, personally, I appreciate these spoilers!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Question on accounts:

I have 3 or 4 eq emu accounts. I decided to roll a warrior in addition to my ench/cleric. So I have the flexibility of bringing any two classes in any combo, I made them all on separate accounts. When I start shuffling around between accounts, I end up getting booted from the server.

E.g.,
4) I can log in fine

There's a limit to two boxing, but I think it works strange.

I've found that if I log in the 3rd account, it'll get booted, but the next attempt to login works fine. I haven't had it where both characters get booted though (maybe because I'm afking the other one though?).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question on accounts:

E.g.,
4) I can log in fine

I have heard others say there is a timer put on it. You need to wait X seconds / minutes between logging in the 3 different accounts.

*edit* To make clear, you have acct A and B online, log off B and wait a minute before logging into account C.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Make and put guides here, tell people that ask in-game you can find helpful guides here, drive up even more firesofheaven.org traffic!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those of you invested in this, also keep in mind every xpac ups the respawn timers. You are looking at 8 hour respawns for Luclin and I know they were discussing as much as 12 for PoP. Keep in mind the flagging bottlenecks in PoP that can be killed with 2-4 toons. Giving away the 65 quest directly to the server boards to our competition is kind of shooting ourselves in the foot. I know things are all peachy and rainbows back there in Velious, but shit is already competitive and difficult to catch AHR up alone for your PoP flag. More server-wide 65s to compete means sitting with our dicks in our hands waiting on respawns for our own guild.

Don't be so hasty just walking every competitor and stranger through progression.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
That is literally EQ.

It's going to happen.

And after that a few people will keep the timers a secret and log in to kill them on spawn at odd hours just to block progression for everyone else.

We've all been down this same road before.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Did the PoNightmare maze bullshit and PoDecay event to kill Bertox tonight and for those that don't remember... it sucks ass. Just inflated timed scripts for no reason at all. BE READY!

Ran it with the Europa guys and they are a pretty good bunch if you can get past the broken english and that they use teamspeak. They seem to be the only other group that isnt FWB that are putting effort into killing shit.

Sjana (bard) and his healer alt is the only FWB that ive played with but I guess the rest of them are just d-bags. Hopefully he leaves and joins Europa or something.

I'm looking forward to seeing PoEverything else since nightmare/decay is over with.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Europa are pretty cool peeps and pretty helpful overall. FWB are blacklisted from any of my assistance for a multitude of reasons. Landslide said they would be actively competing vs us, but I have yet to see them en-masse. Not sure what their current plans are.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So how many people do I need for Ssra? Also, I'm assuming I'll need emp key?

Have 4 lucid shards left and then I'll be ready.

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
So how many people do I need for Ssra? Also, I'm assuming I'll need emp key?

Have 4 lucid shards left and then I'll be ready.
Also curious, didn't get to spend much time in Luclin back in the day. Just finished all my lucid shards, now I only need Orb of Luclinite and Planes rift. Best place to go for Orb?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't wait to finish Luclin. Whole expansion is AIDS. Mentioned it in game, but I never played Luclin on live.

You can tell they just didn't give a shit. It's just these terribly designed large zones (there's no actual thought into any I've been in; just giant plains with nothing interesting in them) with shit tons of mobs throw in haphazardly. You can't run anywhere though, because it's so densely packed with KoS mobs.

I've done some of the PoP zones on other Emu servers (and live servers with mercs recently) and it's more like normal EQ. I have no idea what went wrong with Luclin.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Orb of Luclinite drop off any boss. You will find them easy in Ssra, possibly on Rhag 1 and Rhag 2, which a groupable for sure.

As far as force required for SSRA, you can do Rhag1, Rhag2, and Arch Lich with 4 toons for sure.

High Priest, and XTC should be doable with 4, for sure with 6.

Cursed cycle requires probably 6 to be safe b/c of the DT.

Emp is the hardest obviously.

You will need a key for Emp room.

Last edited:

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I can't wait to finish Luclin. Whole expansion is AIDS. Mentioned it in game, but I never played Luclin on live.

You can tell they just didn't give a shit. It's just these terribly designed large zones (there's no actual thought into any I've been in; just giant plains with nothing interesting in them) with shit tons of mobs throw in haphazardly. You can't run anywhere though, because it's so densely packed with KoS mobs.

I've done some of the PoP zones on other Emu servers (and live servers with mercs recently) and it's more like normal EQ. I have no idea what went wrong with Luclin.
I would assume with Luclin they were so concerned with the new Character Models, the new race and class, and zones like The Bazaar and it's mechanic that run of the mill zones were an after though.

I stopped playing after Luclin went live. Just didn't care for the direction. My buddy lured me back with PoP and it was enjoyable but nothing like Velious-my opinion the best expansion.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
They also had raid scripting to add. Before Luclin, everything basically tank and spank + AoEs and/or splits.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So features, they did a ton.

Content, they fucked up.

I guess that's okay.

Finished all my lucid shards during my lunch break (well, still need a 2nd Maiden's Eye one for druid). So I guess now I just need to do the little extras (2nd Orb of Luclinite for druid as well) and Emperor Ssra.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Got a Naggy kill and burnt book this morning. Logged on to kill a couple fire giants and saw a necro/druid combo who were on their way to kill him. Talk about luck hehe.