EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hatorade is 46ish, my guys are both 36. Got my friend to 29. Leveling is pretty great on this server.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nima hooked me up with some fat SK loots on top of what you had Hatorade! Thanks!

Just grinding away now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made it to level 41 in a single sitting. All the pimp SK twink gear from old KP Emu server friends helped get the ball rolling, but Nima ran me through a Naggy flag which happened to drop a Red Dragon Tooth (level 49 Necro pet spell clickie). The pet basically mowed down SolB with ease while buffing / healing with my Shaman. Managed to camp out with the pet still alive. Pretty stoked!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Made it to level 41 in a single sitting. All the pimp SK twink gear from old KP Emu server friends helped get the ball rolling, but Nima ran me through a Naggy flag which happened to drop a Red Dragon Tooth (level 49 Necro pet spell clickie). The pet basically mowed down SolB with ease while buffing / healing with my Shaman. Managed to camp out with the pet still alive. Pretty stoked!

Nice! Also, corpses for miles!
S52VzCZ.jpg

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If a dude like me never really got into EQ when I was younger - is this the best type of server to start on to get a feel for it or is another recommended?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hatorade Hatorade turn off your god damn luclin models while I still have some respect for you! ;)

Noodleface Noodleface it really depends on what you mean by "getting a feel for it". In my opinion, what made EQ great was the community and forced grouping. This is probably geared more towards players that want a quickie / easy nostalgia run. That said, if you don't have all the time to commit to something like Phinigel (TLP server) or P99 (way hardcore), this might be worth looking at. You can at least run around the zones to have a look around. Probably best if you add all of us to your friend's list to show you around. Your biggest hurdle is probably getting the UI configured and options tweaked. It's a complete clusterfuck to a brand new to EQ player, but pretty trivial if you have an old pro to help you out. I am happy to Skype / Vent you through the setup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If a dude like me never really got into EQ when I was younger - is this the best type of server to start on to get a feel for it or is another recommended?

Yeah bro, come on in. It starts you locked to classic only and easy to get rolling.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Awesome guys - a little more explanation is required.

I always wanted to play EQ but I was 13 (?) when it launched or younger, I can't remember.. parents wouldn't let me play. Then as I turned of age there were newer games. i tried a few times and I think at one point I hit mid 20's but it's been so long I forget.

I guess what I'd like to do with this is get a feel for the game - i.e. how the game plays in a general sense, mechanics, popular areas, play with friends. I don't really have the time to dedicate to a live server or anything like that, so something accelerated might be ideal for me. This would just be something I play at night when I'm not doing WoW/OW stuff.

I'm not opposed to being handed free gear or anything, but I'm mainly interested in someone that wouldn't mind guiding a person through stuff that a new player wouldn't know.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Awesome guys - a little more explanation is required.

I always wanted to play EQ but I was 13 (?) when it launched or younger, I can't remember.. parents wouldn't let me play. Then as I turned of age there were newer games. i tried a few times and I think at one point I hit mid 20's but it's been so long I forget.

I guess what I'd like to do with this is get a feel for the game - i.e. how the game plays in a general sense, mechanics, popular areas, play with friends. I don't really have the time to dedicate to a live server or anything like that, so something accelerated might be ideal for me. This would just be something I play at night when I'm not doing WoW/OW stuff.

I'm not opposed to being handed free gear or anything, but I'm mainly interested in someone that wouldn't mind guiding a person through stuff that a new player wouldn't know.

Pretty much any of us would be willing.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Neither is the pop dense enough nor is the progress slow enough to get even close to what EQ was in timesink difficulty that formed the community. It's a good place to dip your toe in the water, but a server like p99 is the closest we've got to what it was.

Love to have more reres though. We'll do what we can to make it fun.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Neither is the pop dense enough nor is the progress slow enough to get even close to what EQ was in timesink difficulty that formed the community. It's a good place to dip your toe in the water, but a server like p99 is the closest we've got to what it was.

Love to have more reres though. We'll do what we can to make it fun.
At this point in my life I don't care too much about the "slow enough"

I realize the pop density will never be the same, I'm ok with that.

I'll see if I can get it installed tonight

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I don't have a ton of time to play but I'm going to try and jump on this a little in the next few days, if for no other reason to BS with some of you pals. Will let yall know what I decide to roll.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Name list.

Hatorade - Hatorade (gaybard)
Hathe - Frikez (Shm) / Xizle (War)
Jysin - Jysin (SK) / Jyson (Shm)

SirJames

Golden Squire
My buddy and I are on here as well.

I am Mrfish / sailfish - SHM / MNK.

My buddy is mugatu / zoolander - ROG / ENC

The server is a ton of fun so far, like Ez-mode p1999 type vibe. We hit lguk at level 24 ish and farmed gear and levels until 35. Onto slob now.

You can duo kill Nagafen at like 46.