EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vector5

Molten Core Raider
Server down? Also, I think I got kicked from discord chat. I have no idea why, did maze make it "friends only" or something?

I froze zoning into Lavastorm and when I tried logging back in, the server is no longer a choice. Does that mean I got banned? Lol.

vector5

Molten Core Raider
It is down, you did not get banned. Check eqemu server status to find out when something like that happens.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I'm still 52 atm, exp is really slow solo atm. I just need Trak and VP for Velious though. I'm having fun, if not a bit annoyed about spells and worrying that some are bugged/broken/don't drop. I wish we could find a way to double the pop with similar people that are already on the server. The people here are great.

I'll be glad to get into PoP for the guaranteed spells. I actually love the PoP spell system. I had so much fun getting parchments and glyped rune words, and loved rolling the lottery on turn in and making bank knowing which other casters to turn in to to sell spells. Lots of nostalgia with PoP spells.

Does snaring a mob and preventing it from roaming back to its spawn point not work here? trying to split sebilite protector from fabled tola by casting snare on him, running back and hub gating, but when i get back, 45 secs later, he's back at spawn? It's so strange, half the juggs here are perma rooted at random.

Kunark exp slows down quite a lot. It's normal. Just grind though it like everyone else has.

You've mentioned twice now about bugged and not dropping spells. Be specific. You are the only one who seems to keep mentioning this. Something particular you are looking for or you just have had shit luck on drops? What exactly are you after and where are you farming spells?

Re: Snare issue you are seeing is because you are zoning out. We mentioned already in the thread that the zones unload from server if they are empty. When you zone back in, it will load mobs all over. (It keeps timers though, so if a mob isn't due to spawn it won't be up). So, you have snared a mob, hub gated out, and came back to a fresh pop. That's why your snare is gone and the mob is back at spawn point.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The overall atmosphere of this server is very good. I wish it were a bit slower so the community grew more before progression happened. Slower exp and 2-3 months per expansion or so would be perfect imo.

It would be cool to see this relaunched fresh in a year or so once progression is mostly complete and it's been polished a bit.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know they are stopping Sony era progression at PoP. They are working on custom content from there on out. I imagine they will put custom / later spells in there.

But short answer is, no. No way to get Leopard right now.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I've been trying to farm a particular spell but after killing the mob who drops it six times, he's had nothing on his corpse all six times. Grand Advisor Zum`uul

This is one of those issues that seems to plague a lot of emulated servers, where named mobs with confirmed loot tables occasionally or always drop no loot.

Mentioned to Maze that some named mobs are not dropping any items at all and he said he isn't fixing old content. :) :) :)

I got you broski. I had that drop for me when i was farming spirit cords in the library. Just holler at me in game.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I am interested in starting on the server; however, I have never two boxed or used MQ. Can anyone give me a basic rundown on two boxing and using the allowed features of MQ for this server?

Thank you!

Pogi

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You don't have to use MQ if you don't want to. And it's definitely not a necessity when 2 boxing. MQ just adds quite a few quality of life perks.

Main rules are there are no active hacks allowed (no warping, no delay hacks, etc). No script automation is allowed. He can detect abuse of these things and he has slapped a couple people for it. GM basically has zero tolerance for this stuff.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You would basically use MQ for the maps, /stick and sending simple commands between boxes. These can be commands to tell your box to sit or cast a spell or assist you for example.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I have my pally Drakain to 57 with full Valorium and epic and didn't box at all. People in the guild are really awesome at helping out. Nylab took a group of us through VP the other day and stuff like that happen all the time.
I started a Mage the other day and she owns faces. May tinker more with MQ now that I'm back in the EQ swing.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Hasn't there been like 5 different Nagafens Lair servers that all closed? Maybe we've run our course.

Or maybe Maze is upgrading the forums.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So I just talked with Maze - unfortunately he has no desire to continue supporting the server. As such, he deleted everything and shut it down.
I don't have time to run it with my job right now, especially with all the other projects I do right now in addition, so I am unable to support it to the level that you guys would expect with bugfixes. I was kind of in a 'doing a friend a favor' situation with the server.

Unfortunately I don't know what happened to the backups. Vonguru might have something.

None of these decisions were made by me. I only am just learning about his decision to stop hosting it now.

I'll be making all the code changes I did public for NLair and will try and scavenge a backup should someone want to take it over.
Again, sorry to leave you guys without a place to play. Maze has had some personal stuff to deal with lately and I assume this is a factor in his decision.

Lastly, if you would prefer a stable place to play (not solo friendly, but goes to PoP eventually with an attention to detail) I recommend The Al'Kabor Project - info for getting started there is located at the following below links.
The Al'Kabor Project Wiki:About - The Al'Kabor Project Wiki http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started
Getting Started - The Al'Kabor Project Wiki

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Looks like maze decided he didnt wanna do it anymore. All nuked from orbit, no notice. TBH I'm ok that he didn't wanna do it anymore, RL happens etc, but this ending is pretty disrespectful. Had a good crew of people having fun together and im pretty sure this is gonna sour most people on trying EMUs in the future; myself included if I'm honest. Wish he would have given the opportunity for someone to save what was there or carry on with what was done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user