EQMac Now Free to Play

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Thinking of playing there, but whats bad about the raiding scene?
It is a total shitnado.

Along with the manastone issue, people were allowed to invis pull (exploit) spore king for months and bank huge numbers of fungi tunics. There is a massive amount of plat focused in the hands of several people, but more importantly, certain guilds.

How does this relate to raiding? Up until recently, you could buy/sell accounts for plat. Now, because plat is an almost unlimited and meaningless resource for certain guilds, they could just purchase high level decked out accounts, and park entire raid forces at any mob they wish. Big problem.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
It is a total shitnado.

Along with the manastone issue, people were allowed to invis pull (exploit) spore king for months and bank huge numbers of fungi tunics. There is a massive amount of plat focused in the hands of several people, but more importantly, certain guilds.

How does this relate to raiding? Up until recently, you could buy/sell accounts for plat. Now, because plat is an almost unlimited and meaningless resource for certain guilds, they could just purchase high level decked out accounts, and park entire raid forces at any mob they wish. Big problem.
As easy as King pulling was with a bag of invis rings as a monk before the FD change... I just couldn't handle the camps monotony. Sometimes I wish I had just printed plat for a few months during that golden era though.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
As easy as King pulling was with a bag of invis rings as a monk before the FD change... I just couldn't handle the camps monotony. Sometimes I wish I had just printed plat for a few months during that golden era though.
pvp is the cure for what ails you. Over time I've determined that +/- 4 level range Team PvP with item loot is the only way to do EQ. That being said, I'm putting alot of eggs in the SZ/VZ/TZ teams server which may or may not launch before Velious basket. Both the red box and blue box have stale and corrupt pixels.

I wonder if SOE is going to try to launch a "Classic" server finally, and monetize the fuck out it.

Elerion

N00b
Grouping scene is pretty decent on P99, and who gives a shit about old school EQ raiding anyway. There's no challenge in it on a mature server without new expansions. Past a certain gear level it is 100% about showing up / batphones.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Quote from p99 boards

spoils;1153732 said:
EQMac welcomed a bunch of p99'ers then stabbed them in the back by exploiting to prevent their progression due to sheer jealousy that they were far more skilled than Temerity/Destiny combined...

They couldn't handle the fact that the p99'ers were about to progress beyond both their top guilds in less than 6 months for what took them YEARS to accomplish.

sad truth...

Those same two guilds are responsibile for the shutting down of their own server. If they left the new up and coming power to rise, they all would still have a server to enjoy.

Karma is a bitch.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Oh if only they were as skilled at pit waring and botting CH rotations as you guys were. I suppose they should have had their cleric player pay for 5 accounts during the time the server had a subscription while botting the heals? Must suck to have that guy get banned. Sounds like something that would break up a guild...

How convenient you showed up right after it went free to play and the PC client became available. No surprise you had an easier time filling your guild roster. Did you forget that they had Rathe Council 1.0 that cockblocked PC guilds for god knows how long until it was fixed? Earth rings don't even work without a GM personally intervening.

One of the people training Malignant on RZ was an ex-TSE who joined Destiny too. So when it suits you guys, you do the same thing you criticize Temerity for.

Of course the other guy is a Temerity that they refused to do anything about. (same guy who trained you most likely) Hate to say it but Relapse wasn't entirely wrong about rogue Tems refusing to let any other guild into EPs. Does it disgust you that Layonhands worked with the guy that trained your guild off the server Relapse?

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
It is a total shitnado.

Don't forget the RMT'ing, I believe my character that I RMT'd is now in TMO.

Big bummer about EQmac being shutdown right as I'm starting to log back in more for winter, looks like there are no MMO's that I'm going to be playing now at all. Dead genre is dead.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Word is brewing about a bunch of eqmac players starting a progresion guild on PEQ. I logged in saw 20 Ish new players. Might be worth checking out, however I have heard mixed reviews about that server.

Juice_sl

shitlord
I still wonder who was the level 1 warping around time blocking Tem is.
faite and/or zamiel

The last time it happened we caught and guildremoved one of Faite's anonymous alts in Kerra Isle, which he/they were using to watch our guildchat as the trains occured. (there is no guild tool on al'kabor)

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Don't forget the RMT'ing, I believe my character that I RMT'd is now in TMO.

Big bummer about EQmac being shutdown right as I'm starting to log back in more for winter, looks like there are no MMO's that I'm going to be playing now at all. Dead genre is dead.
Yeah it's a real shame. I also sold everything I had on p99 for gear on EQ Mac. Got a 1:3 ratio so I sold the guy a full set of not bad necro gear but got a full set of super high end tank gear in EQ Mac. I was pretty excited about it. Sucks to be me...

Not that I would play p99 again anyway. The only way I would play that server is if they open velious and allowed 2 boxing.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
The repressed jimmies from all these Temerity / Temerity fan boys is classic.

TSE did not start this "train-to-deny tactic". And now your server is dying because of it.

Juice_sl

shitlord
The repressed jimmies from all these Temerity / Temerity fan boys is classic.

TSE did not start this "train-to-deny tactic". And now your server is dying because of it.
I don't see any tem fanboy jimmies in here, just rellapse doing his same old shit-talking and you hoping to see some tem tears about being trained or the server being shut... good luck with that... we beat the game when we killed inny; glad we got a stay of execution but this was inevitable.

Fish1_sl

shitlord
Yep, just in case smed reads this thread I want him to know. I'm a casual player, highest character was 51, never joined a guild, mostly just soloed and didn't really know anyone on the server. Used the pc hack so I could play, but never used a cheat or hack or whatever that would affect the game, never trolled trained or annoyed anyone.

I played Vanguard at the same time, usually one for a few months then switch. I wont play Vanguard any extra now, I'll just find some single player game to fill the void. I certainly wont play the PC version of EQ because it's utter shit. You ruined it, that's why I played EQ Mac, because it was stuck in an era that didn't suck.

Also, I would bet good money that you fuck up EQ Next like you do with everything. And the ill will you have generated by the mismanagement of the entire EQ franchise and the way you handled the EQ Mac server should not be underestimated.

Herv_sl

shitlord
Was hoping to have another winter on this server. What a shame.

This was the last Plane of Mischief 1.x ... gone forever now.

Classic with PoK books, fuck Smed, would have paid to keep playing...

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Hah, I wondered how long it would be before therealplaystyle of classic EQ gamers came to the fore and ruined everything. It'sexactlythis sort of shit that led to the Warden client and removal of anything that even looks vaguely like an exploit in modern MMOs.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Those who are wanting to continue on EQMac may want to check out PEQ:

ProjectEQ - View topic - PEQMac git, quest SVN, and daily DB dump

These are the people who basically provide an open-source database and source code for everyone to use.
They are potentially planning to 'transfer' EQMac players over from their Alla Kabor profiles.

The server itself supports many eras of clients, ranging from Titanium to Rain of Fear.
The server is stuck in Gates of Discord with contributors contributing every day.
The server is also box-friendly, as well as non-active hack MQ2 friendly.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Those who are wanting to continue on EQMac may want to check out PEQ:

ProjectEQ - View topic - PEQMac git, quest SVN, and daily DB dump

These are the people who basically provide an open-source database and source code for everyone to use.
They are potentially planning to 'transfer' EQMac players over from their Alla Kabor profiles.

The server itself supports many eras of clients, ranging from Titanium to Rain of Fear.
The server is stuck in Gates of Discord with contributors contributing every day.
The server is also box-friendly, as well as non-active hack MQ2 friendly.
I read the post he made and I have no idea what any of it means, can you translate for a non-nerd?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I read the post he made and I have no idea what any of it means, can you translate for a non-nerd?
Essentially it's an emulator for the EQMac client, except done by the EQEmulator team. Anyone will be able to download and set up the code and you will be able to play with other people using newer versions of EQ via emulation of the network protocol.

Technically, You'd be able to connect to the same server as someone running a Rain of Fear expansion client (the thing that plays the game locally on your harddrive) using the EQMac client.
A server such as P99 would be able to support the client if they added the code to their server.

The end-goal is to preserve the server before it shuts down for good.

4VfML.jpg