EQMac Shutting down

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
When the resident EQMAC guild, Temerity, decided that they were the only ones who deserved to play and said 'fuck you' to everyone else. Have no illusions as to why this is happening; you ruined it for yourselves.
I remember a lot of Destiny complaining about this before I went inactive. Who was that Troll Shaman in Destiny that was always ranting about it in Alliance? It would make sense that Temerity was the one training everyone though, if indeed another guild made it to Time? Since it wasn't instanced and all. How close did Destiny get? What about the other guild that was close to EP or starting EP? Such a damn shame. EQMac was always my "go to" when I got a strong dose of EQ cravings, which hit like clockwork every year around the holidays. Shame this will be the first year in a long time I won't get to fuck around in the golden days of EQ. I remember the first time I went to Al'kabor, on the free 10 day trial you could get. The instant memories/nostalgia that sunk in when you realized how frozen in time the server was, with how difficult it was at level 1. It took a good 3 hours to get to level 4 on that server without any buffs or twinkage, like the good ol' days. I got to like level 9 in my 10 days of trial, and then started all over again before actually paying for a subscription many months later.

What is this Sleeper being awoken nonsense? Sleeper was always bugged so would just respawn asleep, right? So what was the big issue with someone waking him up?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had only started on the server in August and apped to Temerity in September. I've no clue about the previous drama, but what I saw in that time wasnt just raid training, there were assholes training normal XP zones and XP groups regardless of guild tags. Torrid had posted YouTube videos in the EQ Mac thread here on RR and had sent them to Hobart. Regarding the level 1 in PoTime, it was twice we were trained by a naked lvl1 warping around at GM speed. Temerity was still the only guild in PoTime and on AK server it is NOT instanced. (AK has PoTime 1.0 with broken / missing loot, no instancing, and unkillable Quarm)

Torrid's video here, which was one of the first guys that I saw speed hacking and training everyone on server:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that is some crazy level of EQ hacking i didn't even know was possible

damn, no wonder they're shutting the server down.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
It would make sense that Temerity was the one training everyone though, if indeed another guild made it to Time? Since it wasn't instanced and all. How close did Destiny get? What about the other guild that was close to EP or starting EP?
A Temerity member, Huffwins, trained TSE's Rallos attempts, preventing them from entering the elemental planes. Mostly because TSE did not want to join rotations like every other guild and took every mob they could while also constantly ridiculing the other guilds for not progressing as fast as they did even though they joined the server right after it was made F2P and the windows client became available, plus they exploited all of their AAs by pit waring which is one of the few things that is bannable, plus they automated their CH rots.

Malignant (the guild I joined a couple of months ago) is a boxing guild with like 10 real people in it. We blazed through all PoP raids up to Rallos, when all of our attempts were trained by a speed/warp hacking guildless anonymous bard played by Layonhands. (who is ex-TSE) Malignant was formed by some ex-TSE players, and we were trained by a TSE who later joined Destiny and become their raid leader. At one point we were attempting the Rallos encounter with only 5 real players late at night after Layonhands had logged. Huffwins had also trained us during the Rallos encounter but it was mostly Layonhands. We suspect they both had access to the bard account but Huffwins on his anon unguilded druid also snare parked some mobs at the tactics entrance while we were doing fake RZ. We spawned real RZ on the first attempt despite Hinvat adding in the second wave so I have little doubt we would have been EP flagged in a matter of days if not one shot him if not for the training.

Faite, an ex-TSE member, (possibly leader or officer, don't recall) was the level 1 hacker training Temerity. He has a youtube video showing how to edit player coordinates in memory on the mac client to warp characters around. He is also ex-Temerity and they caught his Tem flagged alt in Kerra Isle or whatever, listening to their guild chat while he was training them. Also from reading his alliance chat for 5 minutes, he clearly can't go three sentences without telling a lie.

Zeref was another ex-TSE player who one day discovered the trainer program and decided to grief the server as much as possible in an act of nihilism.

Incidentally the one thing that broke up TSE more than anything was the one player who botted their entire CH rot, Zamiel, was banned for duping items and RMTing them. Not only did he dupe them, but the dupe involved deceiving CS staff unto character restores. In fact TSE had basically two real healers other than Zamiel's rot: Relapse and Surron. TSE was basically a bunch of face rolling DPS players who botted their heals and exploited their exp; then they got the server shut down after being caught duping and being trained by Tem. Most moved to a WoW emu for awhile (laugh) then recently back to Project 1999-- the cesspool community that spawned them.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I guess this is one instance where we can contextually say, "This is why we can't have nice things..."

Right?

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm glad Temerity is getting their characters they dedicated their entire lives to deleted. They might as well kill themselves irl at this point too.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
A Temerity member, Huffwins, trained TSE's Rallos attempts, preventing them from entering the elemental planes. Mostly because TSE did not want to join rotations like every other guild and took every mob they could while also constantly ridiculing the other guilds for not progressing as fast as they did even though they joined the server right after it was made F2P and the windows client became available, plus they exploited all of their AAs by pit waring which is one of the few things that is bannable, plus they automated their CH rots.

Malignant (the guild I joined a couple of months ago) is a boxing guild with like 10 real people in it. We blazed through all PoP raids up to Rallos, when all of our attempts were trained by a speed/warp hacking guildless anonymous bard played by Layonhands. (who is ex-TSE) Malignant was formed by some ex-TSE players, and we were trained by a TSE who later joined Destiny and become their raid leader. At one point we were attempting the Rallos encounter with only 5 real players late at night after Layonhands had logged. Huffwins had also trained us during the Rallos encounter but it was mostly Layonhands. We suspect they both had access to the bard account but Huffwins on his anon unguilded druid also snare parked some mobs at the tactics entrance while we were doing fake RZ. We spawned real RZ on the first attempt despite Hinvat adding in the second wave so I have little doubt we would have been EP flagged in a matter of days if not one shot him if not for the training.

Faite, an ex-TSE member, (possibly leader or officer, don't recall) was the level 1 hacker training Temerity. He has a youtube video showing how to edit player coordinates in memory on the mac client to warp characters around. He is also ex-Temerity and they caught his Tem flagged alt in Kerra Isle or whatever, listening to their guild chat while he was training them. Also from reading his alliance chat for 5 minutes, he clearly can't go three sentences without telling a lie.

Zeref was another ex-TSE player who one day discovered the trainer program and decided to grief the server as much as possible in an act of nihilism.

Incidentally the one thing that broke up TSE more than anything was the one player who botted their entire CH rot, Zamiel, was banned for duping items and RMTing them. Not only did he dupe them, but the dupe involved deceiving CS staff unto character restores. In fact TSE had basically two real healers other than Zamiel's rot: Relapse and Surron. TSE was basically a bunch of face rolling DPS players who botted their heals and exploited their exp; then they got the server shut down after being caught duping and being trained by Tem. Most moved to a WoW emu for awhile (laugh) then recently back to Project 1999-- the cesspool community that spawned them.
In our defense all those people you named did not come over from p99. They were already there on EQMAC and we were recruiting fresh. Our bad for tagging all of EQMAC's trash.

Butwhatchoogonnado right?

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
That's a fair point. Al'Kabor definitely had some black sheep even before the PC client. It's just I know full well how IB acts from my interactions with them on p99 from a couple of years ago. In all honesty it's not the hacking and exploiting that pisses people off as much as the bad attitude, kill stealing, etc.

Temerity should have done something about Huffwins. Training people is the lowest of the low. As much as I dislike TSE and IB, not following rotations is legal; boxing is legal; and botting a CH rot is probably akin to jaywalking on the list of offenses. (assuming it's just a simple macro and not reading feedback from the client somehow) But I wouldn't go around proclaiming my superiority over others because I can write a simple windows focus switch + hit a key macro in my multibox software.

Succeeding at the raid game while still being liked and respected is a lot harder than simply killing raid mobs without concern for others. I love my old EQ guild because they were good at the game and they didn't let it go to their heads, and everybody I've met from Druzzil regards them highly.

Leon

<Silver Donator>

The main reason no one gave a shit huffwins got away with it is TSE came over calling everyone American Inventor, faggots, trolling the forums, trolling public channels P99 style, shitting on rotations and bragging about it, exploiting, associating with Zam and faite which are the scum of AK basically.

Spot on. But there was way more than just Zam duping and using CS to restore entire chars etc. Tears comes to mind, and we saw 3 or 4 instances of copied characters surface from other players as well. Also spot on tem should have booted the fuck out of huffwins a long time ago. It came at a time where leadership was much weaker than before. I went on a crusade against his ass but far too late, lost interest in all of this shit before anything could happen. I think in his own mind, Huffwins was justified because he got trained a few times out of Tactics when pit wars were going on (that monk was training ogres to whoever non TSE would zone in at the time, forgot his name).
The main reason nobody cared if huffwins got away with it is TSE came over calling everyone American Inventors, faggots, shitting on rotations, RMTing, trolling chat channels and forums, exploiting, training, knowingly associating themselves with AK exploiters who had nowhere else to go etc etc.

PS: Most tem members have zero idea any of this went down, they are far removed from reality when it comes to AK drama. I'd estimate may be 10 people with a real clue as to what really happened in the past year or so.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Huffwins was also training Gaeldar/Esildor and his brother Minsc and their friend Manbear in ssra and seru. They brought it to the forums with screenshots months ago and Tem did nothing about it.

Every Tem I've met has been nothing but kind to me, but they really should have done something.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Not gonna disagree on that, i was a huge partisan of kicking his ass out. But let's not pretend TSE was a bunch of good guys who were the victims here.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Not gonna disagree on that, i was a huge partisan of kicking his ass out. But let's not pretend TSE was a bunch of good guys who were the victims here.
Funny you NEVER see Vintage making threads about how we were such bad players. Where we ks'd,called them American Inventors,trained or anything. The truth is we got along and respected that guild they knew we would fly through the content and they would be at peace again eventually. You guys had farmed VT for how many years? Letting a fresh guild new blood gear up, should not of mattered as you guys only used it to gear alts/apps for the past 5 years. Instead you got butthurt b/c you are all entitled douchebags and started all the drama which eventually got your toons deleted (in a couple weeks) you got what you deserved.
We had a toxic mix of players we picked up from YOUR server we may or may not have ever made it to Potime b/c of those people but you did not let us have a chance. It is funny tho gotta luv karma.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Lol i remember a huge flame thread about your shitty guild by vintage back then, you're doing too much meth again.

Your guild was fucked when you relied on Zamiel and Faite to do all your raid healing. People fucking WARNED you about those two, and your reaction was to fucking laugh it off and say Zamiel is the man, we keeping him. Your guild basically died cause ONE dude cockblocked you for 2 weeks on RZ (you failed on your own mutliple time on RZ), that's some fucking guild right there.
Fact is, half your guild hated the other half, half your guild hated the officers for letting Zam and Faite in, and you were going to implode under your own shitty drama sooner or later. Riptse reverse PP'ing precipitated the implosion. If you would have had any stability you'd still have been there after Hobart fixed perma pac (fix done just to allow your guild to progress btw), but the people ran away fast like fucking woah once the shit hit the fan.

And this server was on borrowed time since the first 'shut down' was announced, it's nothing surprising, and mostly no one gives a fuck. People have already moved on to pEQ or EQlive and are happy there, you're the only one dwelling on EQmac dying.

Sorry man, no applefags tears in temerity, literally no one even gives a fuck anymore, people on pEQ and starting raids in 2 weeks, people on EQpc are already settled and raiding higher content with other guilds. Only you still give a fuck.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Look at more RL attacks from this bright scholar on Eqmac.

In the end you try in vain to shit on temerity but no one listens since you're just too fucking incoherent and stupid, and your son is already forgetting who his deadbeat dad is. Everyone wins.
Last edited by Bragon; 01-16-2013 at 03:26 AM.
EQMac Now Free to Play - Page 16

you have been mad for quite some time.

congrats on getting your own server shut down.

I WIN

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Not mad one bit at the whole situation. I truly despise people like you, yes, which has made my blood boil in the past, but EQmac going down is nothing i give 2 fucks about right now. None of that drama matters.