EQMac Shutting down

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is funny that in hindsight the fact that the Sleeper was never awakened on EQMac wasn't so much a testament to the community working together/agreeing not to do it but the fact that it just reset every time a group did try to wake him.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
You're assuming Kegz is telling the truth. If that were true, then why would Hobart have to intervene after IB woke it up? 'because they didn't know the exploit' doesn't really work as an explanation because you would somehow have to know this mythical exploit existed beforehand, and you only get one shot at it to experiment with.

During our raid a few days ago, the zone crashed after 50+ people were attacking the sleeper for seven minutes. Tell me how a single group is going to duplicate that on a DTing mob that hits for 1850s and procs dragon charm on every other hit.

More likely explanation: Hobart intentionally broke the script after IB woke it.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Lol poor ol dude on my nuts hard, Hey bro sorry ST zone did not crash when I woke the Sleeper b4. I sat on his spawn for days trolling Alliance. Sleeper went through the zone killing all mobs and people and just poofed instead of going to other zones. Once Hobart stepped in an did his work on the script maybe it caused the server to crash. Who knows was not the case when we woke it. So keep on acting like you're important Toop aka Kegz Lawls...btw how is your server doing still hitting a population of 5? lololol

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Greetings and salutations, good sir! Forum member 'Rellapse' claimed that him waking The Sleeper was one of the greatest trolls of all time, and the highlight of his entire life. In fact, he was quite wrong! As you see, The Sleeper script on EQMac has been broken since the very beginning, causing Sleeper's Tomb to reset to a pre-awakened Sleeper state following a zone crash or reset. This bug has been abused by RMTers for much of the history of the Al`Kabor server. I was merely taking a jab at this Rellapse fellow for being wrong, as well as being quite an inept Player-vs-Player contestant on Project 1999: Red using the most trivial of classes to play, the Wizard.
So who reset skyshrine every time the sleeper was woken?

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You're assuming Kegz is telling the truth. If that were true, then why would Hobart have to intervene after IB woke it up? 'because they didn't know the exploit' doesn't really work as an explanation because you would somehow have to know this mythical exploit existed beforehand, and you only get one shot at it to experiment with.

During our raid a few days ago, the zone crashed after 50+ people were attacking the sleeper for seven minutes. Tell me how a single group is going to duplicate that on a DTing mob that hits for 1850s and procs dragon charm on every other hit.

More likely explanation: Hobart intentionally broke the script after IB woke it.
It was kept secret, why would some nobodies like IB and yourself who were relatively new to the server know about it?

You don't have to fight Kerafyrm to crash the zone. There are other methods. When Rellapse woke the Sleeper it didn't mean anything that the zone didn't crash. Kerafyrm isn't what crashed the zone.

How is any of this surprising on a 2002 EverQuest server?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Are you forgetting that other zones change when the sleeper is awake?

When rellapse and crew woke the sleeper skyshrine was also changed, Hobart had to reset it.

So if the Sleeper was woken often, why did skyshrine not change to post sleeper skyshrine?

I think i know the answer,

Toop gonna Toop.

2002User

Are you forgetting that other zones change when the sleeper is awake?

When rellapse and crew woke the sleeper skyshrine was also changed, Hobart had to reset it.

So if the Sleeper was woken often, why did skyshrine not change to post sleeper skyshrine?

I think i know the answer,

Toop gonna Toop.
People crashed Skyshrine too to keep it a secret. Not very hard considered they were boxing Warders as it is.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Ok, so who are these people and how did they crash both zones?

You realize there were people duping items, so the number of SoDs isn't proof of anything.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That mass zone crashing conspiracy that no one ever knew about. All so people could RMT loot from warders they could already farm without all this hassle just by leaving one up...

2002User

Ok, so who are these people and how did they crash both zones?

You realize there were people duping items, so the number of SoDs isn't proof of anything.
The EverQuest Illuminati.

Never said SoDs were proof of anything. Hell, I never offered proof.

That mass zone crashing conspiracy that no one ever knew about. All so people could RMT loot from warders they could already farm without all this hassle just by leaving one up...
Crashing the zone after waking The Sleeper instantly repops the Warders.

Herv_sl

shitlord
For what it's worth, doing a certain combination of things then zoning out would crash zones like ssra temple. This was on live of course.

AK probably had 10 times the bugs and I would guess folks stumbled on a few here and there.

2002User

For what it's worth, doing a certain combination of things then zoning out would crash zones like ssra temple. This was on live of course.

AK probably had 10 times the bugs and I would guess folks stumbled on a few here and there.
Precisely. Pit wars were just the tip of the iceberg, and an obvious one. RMT'ers cashed out huge on the big exploits such as the Sleeper script reset.

axeman_sl

shitlord
They killed it by rez-zerging it with like 100+ people. Once you have enough swinging dicks, you can simply rez people faster than the mob can kill people. If you can then outdamage its regen and it doesn't take so long that people lose multiple levels from the tiny exp loss you get with each 96% rez, it's a guaranteed kill provided the zone stays up and nobody interferes. It was interesting that they did it, but I never considered it that amazing because it really wasn't a challenge or some tactical masterpiece, it was just a zerg. Bring enough people and you can kill anything; a hundred level 20 warriors backed by two dozen epic clerics could kill Naggy if they cared to. Same principle applies to the Sleeper and any other mob where there's no limit to participants and a place where a huge group of epic clerics can stand safely and just spam-rez people back into the fight.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sadly the sleeper isn't much these days. We killed him on test with like 40 people.

2002User

LoL 2002user is stupid
Mad cause bad and thought he was some kind of EQ legend.

They killed it by rez-zerging it with like 100+ people. Once you have enough swinging dicks, you can simply rez people faster than the mob can kill people. If you can then outdamage its regen and it doesn't take so long that people lose multiple levels from the tiny exp loss you get with each 96% rez, it's a guaranteed kill provided the zone stays up and nobody interferes. It was interesting that they did it, but I never considered it that amazing because it really wasn't a challenge or some tactical masterpiece, it was just a zerg. Bring enough people and you can kill anything; a hundred level 20 warriors backed by two dozen epic clerics could kill Naggy if they cared to. Same principle applies to the Sleeper and any other mob where there's no limit to participants and a place where a huge group of epic clerics can stand safely and just spam-rez people back into the fight.
If I remember correctly they had like 250-300 people.

Sadly the sleeper isn't much these days. We killed him on test with like 40 people.
He wasn't much on EQMac either, his regen seemed busted or something there. I don't know if he was charming people either. He was just seemed really weak for 50 people to get him to 90% so fast.