EQMac Shutting down

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Ok, so who are these people and how did they crash both zones?

You realize there were people duping items, so the number of SoDs isn't proof of anything.
One of the methods to crash a zone involved charming a mob and giving it an OT hammer. As soon as it procced the zone would go down.

Herv_sl

shitlord
One of the methods to crash a zone involved charming a mob and giving it an OT hammer. As soon as it procced the zone would go down.
The one I remember is dueling someone and fearing them through the zone line. I guess anything that was 'out of bounds' just equaled a crash for this shitty old code.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
That's nice. It still doesn't prove the sleeper was regularly woken up. Kegz would have to know who did it to know it was happening. Even if people were crashing ST, it seems to me it would make more sense to crash it after killing everything but ventani anyway.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Would never post proof of that. Besides, you can't provide any proof yourself. Yet I have several people in this thread saying that it's possible and even one saying it's true. You lose, EQMac Legend status stripped sorry bud. You can always be known as "easy kill" on Red99 though.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Swagdaddy wrong as fuck and a nobody on p99
Being somebody on p99? Watch out we got a bad ass over here.

Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Would never post proof of that. Besides, you can't provide any proof yourself. Yet I have several people in this thread saying that it's possible and even one saying it's true. You lose, EQMac Legend status stripped sorry bud. You can always be known as "easy kill" on Red99 though.
Wrong zone did not crash prior to me waking it. I sat in it for 2 days afterwards and no crash also skyshrine would need to be reset by a GM everytime which I only saw Hobart one time in my year n half on that server. Sorry Kegz you're so mad maybe one day you will create a server where more than Drolgurd logs on to play.

2002User

Wrong zone did not crash prior to me waking it. I sat in it for 2 days afterwards and no crash also skyshrine would need to be reset by a GM everytime which I only saw Hobart one time in my year n half on that server. Sorry Kegz you're so mad maybe one day you will create a server where more than Drolgurd logs on to play.
Can you please repost this without sounding like a complete retard, I can't even comprehend what you're saying. What does the zone crashing before you waking it have to do with anything? Yeah, the Sleeper/Warders didn't repop because the zone DIDN'T crash. Thanks for proving my point you stupid drunk redneck. Put down the crack pipe for a second and realize what your saying makes no sense.

Why do you guys think I'm Kegz? Don't you guys come up with better insults? Does everyone who calls out P1999 for being corrupt get called Kegz? The Sleeper is more corrupt than Project 1999 will ever be, but you don't see me talking about irrelevant and dead servers.

Nulolan

N00b
It's mind boggling some people are so bent out of shape over the sleeper on EQmac still. The sleeper was woken up a couple dozen times or so over a decade ago, on servers with much higher population and I doubt most of the servers continued to have such heated discussion about it this long afterwards.

About the sleeper resetting constantly after crashing the zone, eh it could of happened. Even EQlive had some crazy shit going on that I doubt even 1% of the population knew about. Warping from zone to zone, running so fast you 10k on a rock, targeting mobs from half a zone away and warping to it, immune to several debuffs. Shit whenever the monster missions came out you could level 1 to max and max AAs in acouple weeks totally afk in the guild hall. This was just on live back during pop, and this is only what I knew about.. shit just imagine what they could do now after all these years with a server with barely any GMs and most likely very little hack detection.

Seriously though I hope you EQmac fellas find a new home you enjoy as much as EQmac, not really anything like PoP era EQ and I completely understand its appeal.

Edit: Also crashing zones was never hard in EQ hell I'm sure everyone was on a server with a guild that would just zerg bum rush raid targets and crash the zone. Hell keeping it velious era I remember a guild Endorean(sp) on my home server that crashed Kael from all the bodies when they attempted King Tormax.

2002User

It's mind boggling some people are so bent out of shape over the sleeper on EQmac still. The sleeper was woken up a couple dozen times or so over a decade ago, on servers with much higher population and I doubt most of the servers continued to have such heated discussion about it this long afterwards.

About the sleeper resetting constantly after crashing the zone, eh it could of happened. Even EQlive had some crazy shit going on that I doubt even 1% of the population knew about. Warping from zone to zone, running so fast you 10k on a rock, targeting mobs from half a zone away and warping to it, immune to several debuffs. Shit whenever the monster missions came out you could level 1 to max and max AAs in acouple weeks totally afk in the guild hall. This was just on live back during pop, and this is only what I knew about.. shit just imagine what they could do now after all these years with a server with barely any GMs and most likely very little hack detection.

Seriously though I hope you EQmac fellas find a new home you enjoy as much as EQmac, not really anything like PoP era EQ and I completely understand its appeal.

Edit: Also crashing zones was never hard in EQ hell I'm sure everyone was on a server with a guild that would just zerg bum rush raid targets and crash the zone. Hell keeping it velious era I remember a guild Endorean(sp) on my home server that crashed Kael from all the bodies when they attempted King Tormax.
You seem like a nice guy. +rep for you sir