EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
There are way too many people in this game! I finally snagged a claim that is semi-close to a portal this morning. I tried digging in my claim it wouldn't let me. Do I have to set permissions or something? I just logged out and left for work. Didn't have time to fuck with it.
You have to use the build tools in the main part of your claim. You cannot use your pick or axe inside the heart of your claim only the boundry areas.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
One thing I know helps is if you wear two of the founder + crafting bracelets seems to at least skew the odds in your favor. Some theories using a higher level forge helps too but gathering the wood for these things is slow enough I don't think there has been enough testing to tell.
I spent about 20-30 min. making a pair of those +Discovery rings and made sure I got +2 Rare (had to destroy about 20 in order to get the quality high enough). Now I have +4 total (which shows up as 3.1 Discovery in the stats screen) Combine that with a fast gold axe, and it helps lot. I have a Tungsten Woodshop in my inventory waiting to put down somewhere, but gonna have to wait till I get home and find a claim.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
After a rocky start, I am now having some fun. I have staked my claim, and have begun to terra-form the land. The build tools are cool.

My biggest wish is a first person view that doesnt suck. Right now, the mouse look speed is atrociously slow in first person and there are no arms/hands.

The engine needs work but its also very slick. My frame rates are unstable.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The new server now has the highest pop ha! They need to drop a few more. I can't seem to make myself want to stay in for more than 30 mins. Still havent found a claim either.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Just curious...
How long does it take to get/craft better picks? Just wondering if there is much time that goes into a "hell" levels of picks so that you have to really earn the next one. Or do you spend ~ 2 hours and you can mine almost anything?
Really hoping the response to this is that it takes a long time, but given that you all have pretty good picks already, it seems that it's a short road to easy-mode mining.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks. So if you remove space in your claim, do you get the resources for it or does it just delete the voxels altogether?
You only get resources back if you placed them in the first place. You cannot go to a claim and delete everything and get the resources. That would be broken, people would just keep moving claims and using the selection tool to delete everything for free resources. =p

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think another server is coming; they mentioned adding two more, at the start, and Serenity is the first.
Kudos to them.. it being Alpha they could easily say sorry, we can't facilitate any more than we are comfortable with at this time. However, they've ordered hardware, got it together, and they are really stretching out to accommodate their player base. Sure, they are getting something back on this as we test their game and they had to purchase regardless but these are not decisions that many would say SoE would make over the years.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just curious...
How long does it take to get/craft better picks? Just wondering if there is much time that goes into a "hell" levels of picks so that you have to really earn the next one. Or do you spend ~ 2 hours and you can mine almost anything?
Really hoping the response to this is that it takes a long time, but given that you all have pretty good picks already, it seems that it's a short road to easy-mode mining.
I would say it's pretty fast if you just go with whatever random pick you happen to craft. The real time invested will be the person that wants a rare or legendary pick. You could spend quite a bit of resources trying for those and they do make a difference so there really is a reason to try for them if you feel like min/maxing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
In the beginning, I'd say you could harvest enough resources to craft something new every 30 minutes or so. However, you often want to make things multiple times to get a good roll on stats. As you get up in the tiers you are looking at a couple of hours of gathering per upgrade.

However, it's important to note that at launch things will not be so easy. Gathering is going to take a LONG time. Right now we have nicely organized islands that are clearly marked tiers 1-2-3. You can see nodes across the map and nothing in alpha is currently lower than 100 feet down into the ground. When the game launches, biomes are going to be merged across the island and down into the ground - a mile down if you believe SOE. On top of that huge amount of digging, we're also going to have dangerous mobs and shit.

Alpha progression is probably 25x faster than what launch progression will look like. Especially at the higher levels.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
Where do you learn to craft this Keen Eye Band I have seen mentioned multiple times? I have been to the crafting stations and not seen the recipe for it and no one talks in game.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Where do you learn to craft this Keen Eye Band I have seen mentioned multiple times? I have been to the crafting stations and not seen the recipe for it and no one talks in game.
A workbench which is crafted from a saw table.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I know claims are probably still fucked and disappearing, but does anyone know of any publicly-available crafting stations? I have already lost three sets of the tier 1-2 stations and am bummed out at the thought of making them again :/ I have wasted so many fucking resources to this voxel bug shit.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
You have to use the build tools in the main part of your claim. You cannot use your pick or axe inside the heart of your claim only the boundry areas.
This isn't entirely true. I can chop down trees inside the boundary area of my claim(the square box section). They respawn in a few seconds as well. Probably not intended to work like that but decent way to harvest wood.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know claims are probably still fucked and disappearing, but does anyone know of any publicly-available crafting stations? I have already lost three sets of the tier 1-2 stations and am bummed out at the thought of making them again :/ I have wasted so many fucking resources to this voxel bug shit.
I am on Serenity - Scarp. Just go directly south and up the small hill (it's been 1/2 excavated) for my station. I have a tin work bench, marble forge, t1 sawmill, and sifter, if you need any of those.