EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well that blows
frown.png
- just got the message McFly - was eating. Not that it matters now as we can't collaborate.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's pretty sweet, wonder how he got it to fit inside a claim. He could make that super awesome and go all out instead of the 8bit look.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a claim, put a forge and work bench on it. Was gathering resources upgrading my pickaxes. Decided to start trying to mess around on my claim and it doesn't show as my claim. My bench/forge are still there and I can use them I just cant seem to do anything else. Any suggestions?

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
If you open your claims window, do you still see it there? Do you have "show my claims" checked on the video setting menu, and you don't see a blue claim box on the map? If you got kicked off or logged off at any point you could have been placed in the wrong server, and someone else happens to have crafting stuff where your claim is, on their server (try logging out then back in)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Couple questions for autohotkey, if any can help. First is does anyone have a decent tree-farming script? I have a simple one that just keeps the mouse button held down and it's fine for mining, but for trees, if one repops, you have to click the mouse again. I'd like to just leave my dude standing there farming a tree for a bit.

Second, what is the name of the Mouse Button 4(which is the 'back' button on my mouse) in a script?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's pretty sweet, wonder how he got it to fit inside a claim. He could make that super awesome and go all out instead of the 8bit look.
Looks like he's butting up against the claim boundary, that's why the wings and tail are clipped.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just made a 160 size / 100 speed Quick Viridium Pick and that shit is like going from a Blackened Iron Bastard Sword to a Mithril 2h. I rape mountains now. Can't imagine some of the legendary ones.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish they would fix the claiming stuff, I want to build something already.

Just made a 160 size / 100 speed Quick Viridium Pick and that shit is like going from a Blackened Iron Bastard Sword to a Mithril 2h. I rape mountains now. Can't imagine some of the legendary ones.
Look at Indigo one I posted few pages ago. Was like 350 size with 115 speed and 140 dmg.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to say it makes it so you don't have to click multiple times on the same spot to clear it? Honestly no clue, maybe its just thing for combat later.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Does damage do anything on a pick?
Think of damage as the number of units the pick can remove.

The size is radius that you hit with. So a higher size, with a smaller damage will be a terrible pick because of the distribution of units removed over the area (extra shit like dirt and stone).

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
So I'm not in alpha. I don't know much about this game but I've been intrigued since I first heard about it. But I'm curious. Once you get your fortress or giant phallic monument built, what are you supposed to do? I thought I saw someone mention mobs eventually being added? I'm just wondering what will keep people logging in 6mo or a year after release.
Someone clue me in bc I AM seriously curious about Landmark.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
So I'm not in alpha. I don't know much about this game but I've been intrigued since I first heard about it. But I'm curious. Once you get your fortress or giant phallic monument built, what are you supposed to do? I thought I saw someone mention mobs eventually being added? I'm just wondering what will keep people logging in 6mo or a year after release.
Someone clue me in bc I AM seriously curious about Landmark.
Landmark is basically a playable tech demo for EQ:Next.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure its a game you log in every day for 6months to a year, it seems more of a "hardcore for 2 weeks" then you log in every so often to build/gather/explore.

Though I'm sure people who want big projects will have plenty to do. Plus hopefully things like guild housing/halls and then transfer that to EQ:N etc.

Not sure how far they are going to take the game(in rpg terms). Loot is there but its pretty minimal atm, but could easily expand and maybe even put in on rare mobs way deep down.