EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
As in letting players outright make mobs from scratch? As far as I know, that was never on the table.

They've talked about letting players place mobs on their plots, and letting them fiddle with the mobs' Storybricks AI, but I imagine that's going to be a post-launch thing. Summer or Fall doesn't seem all that unreasonable of a guess, but they haven't talked much about where they are in the AI creation process, so who really knows.
I would think it's got to be on the table with the many times they have said they are releasing the full tools used for making EQN.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not a lot of land available, so I tried to be forward thinking and got myself a plot on a hill next to the edge of the map. Hoping they don't wipe our claims and I'll have ocean front property when they patch the ocean in!

I'm having terrible luck with gold axes though. 7 green, 3 of which were slow! And that's with the crafting bracelet. Grrr....

I hope they change the whole wood gathering setup, because its boring as hell.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a lot of land available, so I tried to be forward thinking and got myself a plot on a hill next to the edge of the map. Hoping they don't wipe our claims and I'll have ocean front property when they patch the ocean in!

I'm having terrible luck with gold axes though. 7 green, 3 of which were slow! And that's with the crafting bracelet. Grrr....

I hope they change the whole wood gathering setup, because its boring as hell.
They are absolutely wiping claims, and most likely multiple times. The first one will likely be when they add the new biomes, and tiers to the land.

Also unless you just have gold to burn, just make the fastest copper axe you can make.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
They are absolutely wiping claims, and most likely multiple times. The first one will likely be when they add the new biomes, and tiers to the land.

Also unless you just have gold to burn, just make the fastest copper axe you can make.
Yeah there's guaranteed claim wipe for the two day headstart for Trailblazers at the least (end of closed beta before open beta ). As you said maybe more between now and then.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Sorry I haven't been following any of this remotely; is there any benefit in participating in EQNL related to the actual EQN game? Assuming they will start a beta process at some point in time for that?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Sorry I haven't been following any of this remotely; is there any benefit in participating in EQNL related to the actual EQN game? Assuming they will start a beta process at some point in time for that?
Don't expect beta for EQN until end of the year. (just a guess) but Landmark gives you an idea of the graphics and method of game that will be used.

If you don't really want to craft or build..wait until open beta and check out the basics.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Not a lot of land available, so I tried to be forward thinking and got myself a plot on a hill next to the edge of the map. Hoping they don't wipe our claims and I'll have ocean front property when they patch the ocean in!.
Go to the EU servers.

You don't miss anything, there's a lot more space/claims and it's the same game.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
There are a couple EQN-related advantages to playing Landmark; not huge ones, but they're there.

-if you create a character in EQN on an account that's also been used for Landmark, then you'll start out in EQN with access to the Adventurer class, as well as whatever regular starting class you choose. You can still get the Adventurer without having played Landmark, but you'll need to go out and earn it, rather than starting with it.

-if you want, you can copy your character over (their appearance, at least) from Landmark to EQN. So if you like your character in Landmark, you don't need to try and recreate me by hand in EQN.

-this is the big one, if I'm understanding things correctly. EQN will have a player housing system that works similar to Landmark (plant a claim on a plot of land, and build on it), although probably with more effort needed to earn a claim. However, iirc, you won't be able to free-form build in EQN as you can in Landmark, but rather will build through templates, which are essentially blueprints. Templates are created in Landmark by building a structure and making a template out of it, which you can then sell to other players across both games. So, if you want to do the player housing thing in EQN, it would make sense to go into Landmark, build exactly what you want, then make a template out of it to transfer over, when the time comes.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Made legendary indigo pick today, those things are game-changers.
I'm soooo fucking jelly right now.

I've made about 5 indigo picks, one at a time, all have been rare. Made 5 more cobalt picks last night, still working on the materials to upgrade them to indigo and do all 5 at once. Surely, I have to get lucky with that, right?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was the first one I ever made, haven't tried any more. Doesn't have a prefix, stats are 279.68 size, 91.33 speed, 172.93 damage.

misery_sl

shitlord
I'm soooo fucking jelly right now.

I've made about 5 indigo picks, one at a time, all have been rare. Made 5 more cobalt picks last night, still working on the materials to upgrade them to indigo and do all 5 at once. Surely, I have to get lucky with that, right?
My advice, hold off on making them until they add the remake ability soon.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Remake ability? What does that entail? As disappointing as not getting a Legendary is, I hope it doesn't become trivial to get one

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As in letting players outright make mobs from scratch? As far as I know, that was never on the table.
spore-creatures-299x300.jpg

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Remake ability? What does that entail? As disappointing as not getting a Legendary is, I hope it doesn't become trivial to get one
A more proper name would be "Recycle". You can put back any tool/prop you made and get some of the materials back. You probably won't recover the cobalt pick when recycling a failed Indigo, but you'll get back some of the elemental rubicite and rubies.

(the ability is currently disabled until they "balance" the amount recovered)

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Going to finish up the last hundred elemental rubicite and crunch out those picks. Should give a fair indication of how rare legendaries are. It's not like we're keeping this shit anyway, so might as well blow it. I also *really* enjoy mining, so that helps. Give me caves, god damnit!