EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
There's something to that, maybe you have the description expanded? I've noticed that before and it was something in the UI hiding it.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I never have a stone and port everywhere (not including my claim). The in-game command acts like you need one but you don't. Maybe to port to the hub, but that's the only time I've ever used one.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Saw this tweeted, thought it looked pretty sick and held up well at a distance unlike some of the voxel shit I've seen.

rrr_img_74330.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I saw the entrance of Blackburrow redone a while back and it looked fucking awesome, all the same. Its really encouraging to look at stuff like that.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The distance level of detail is something they're focusing on pretty hard over there.
one thing that I think will help is when they allow us to publish our claims. It would take a while but once you do it on a claim you are pretty happy with it would make it show up correctly at very much longer ranges. The LOD is not to bad really but people doing all the really fine detail work is where the current LOD really jacks them up. It is a high priority fix because they need to get it right for eqnext as well so I expect that to improve greatly over time.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I've been messing around in Landmark, but the game seems empty. I've seen like two people total, and no one talks.
frown.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
No one talks because the chat system is still fucking garbage that spams you with log in/out messages for every player on the island whenever you're in a channel.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
You have to manually "/join General" the first time or you might never interact with other players.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Huge post on combat introduction.

Cliff notes: 3 weapons right now are temporary for testing, dont require resources. All combat atm is PVP and on claims only. Death is in but no death penalty yet. Combat match types have a lot of customization.

PvP, Game Tables, and you!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
And this little nugget many missed...

Speaking of SC, we've added the option for you to pay for your upkeep with Station Cash. The current cost is 10 SC per day, per claim.

BAM..here comes the money

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
And this little nugget many missed...

Speaking of SC, we've added the option for you to pay for your upkeep with Station Cash. The current cost is 10 SC per day, per claim.

BAM..here comes the money
If you're a subscriber you get 500sc per month. Wonder how the 10sc per day would stack up to just buying a bunch of copper from the market.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Has performance improved at all in the last few months? I think the game is pretty cool but the two things that curbed my enthusiasm was that it ran like shit on a pretty good system and the draw distance stuff.

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Has performance improved at all in the last few months? I think the game is pretty cool but the two things that curbed my enthusiasm was that it ran like shit on a pretty good system and the draw distance stuff.
Today's patch notes are the first to mention performance improvements in the last few months, so we won't know for a few hours.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also the blueprint update says that September is pretty much dedicated to bug fixes and optimizations.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Yeah looks like they want to stop putting in new stuff for a bit and optimize; I think it's been a long time coming, but they needed something impressive for SOE Live, so they pushed it off.