EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
EQL + PVE .... = EQN... or? What is happening?
It hurts my brain less if I just think of Landmark as the toolkit for EQN, but without any release content.

Once the toolkit is ready for 1.0, they'll use Landmark to create EQN. Which means, we'll see all the systems EQN will use inside Landmark before, including monsters, AI, and probably even Storybricks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That's exactly what Landmark is, the EQN toolkit with game play elements required to use them.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So essentially an EQN release date looking to be 2016 Q4 or what? I suppose they could be building the zones, doing the animations, writing the quests, etc., now but when so many underlining systems are not functional yet, it could be a long while before actual release.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It hurts my brain less if I just think of Landmark as the toolkit for EQN, but without any release content.

Once the toolkit is ready for 1.0, they'll use Landmark to create EQN. Which means, we'll see all the systems EQN will use inside Landmark before, including monsters, AI, and probably even Storybricks.
This is probably pretty true. Its also a big sandbox where they can try a lot of stuff from many types of settings into one huge sandbox and see what people like and what they don't. I see landmark as being a pretty amazing test bed they can use to spin off other products down the road because once the teething pains of the voxel engine get ironed out should make doing new games with it a lost simpler.

The patch this week if it goes as planned will have the first iteration of pathing for NPC's which should be an interesting experience because with the very 3d destructible nature of voxels thats likely one of the hardest hurdles they have.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So essentially an EQN release date looking to be 2016 Q4 or what? I suppose they could be building the zones, doing the animations, writing the quests, etc., now but when so many underlining systems are not functional yet, it could be a long while before actual release.
At this rate we may see closed beta by the end of next year for EQN but probably 2016 is about right. That would give them a full year in a live environment of landmark to iron a lot of the issues out.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Patch is 1pm pst.

And game will be down ALL DAY...until Thurs.

David Georgeson @DaveGeorgeson
Please spread the news far and wide! We will outage Wednesday @ 1pm Pacific. We will NOT be up again until AT LEAST noon on Thursday.
Retweeted by Landmark

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given what goes into them basically regenerating the islands to propagate all the lower cave systems not to surprising.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Interesting to see that there are a couple mob types that are not simple floaters like the whisps or stationary things. Those should be an interesting test bed for how well the pathing can work when stuff is blowing up or being destroyed.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I haven't been in Landmark since the first few weeks of the beta, looking forward to tinkering again soon.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
The linking and triggering system is pretty crazy.. I dunno how it'll affect server performance, but I can imagine players doing some crazy shit with it

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
All that stuff you did before, is not how we want you to do it now. I mean I can understand iterating on a system, but some of these changes which invalidate the entire previous crafting progression ( a second time) just seem like they either dont want to show us the real progression, are just coming up with whatever someone thinks is cool, or some combination of both.

Edit: It makes it difficult to care about whatever new stuff they've put in, because next patch it'll probably be removed or changed completely.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the crafting is now closer to the "release form" or at least what they want for open beta. Most of the previous versions were just basic iterations to see what worked and what people liked and they are taking that and advancing it. Those kinds of changes will slow down once you hit open beta.