EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
New EQNL dev diary dealing with the construction tools.

It's actually a reasonably substantial video, and is even mostly comprised of gameplay footage.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
nice video, answered quite a few questions

also:

It's time for the first livestream of 2014! We're excited to be back on Twitch TV, sharing Landmark news with all of you.

On Wednesday, January 15, join Colette "Dexella" Murphy (Community Manager), Omeed Dariani (Senior Brand Manager), Terry Michaels (Senior Producer), and Darrin McPherson (Lead Game Designer) as they discuss the Landmark Community Celebration on January 31 and delve into the details of CLAIMS - How big are they? How do they work? and more.

Make sure you log in and join us live in the chat room on our official Twitch channel!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So fill me in. Is there eventually going to be combat or mods or anything? Point me to a future features list if you could.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So fill me in. Is there eventually going to be combat or mods or anything? Point me to a future features list if you could.
Game'll be launching with building, exploring, and resource gathering. After launch, they've been talking about adding in combat, pvp, letting players use the AI tools, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Basically, as tools are completed for EQN proper, they'll start integrating them into EQNL, to let players fiddle with them.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Game'll be launching with building, exploring, and resource gathering. After launch, they've been talking about adding in combat, pvp, letting players use the AI tools, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Basically, as tools are completed for EQN proper, they'll start integrating them into EQNL, to let players fiddle with them.
Thank you. Read the FAQ but sometimes there is other stuff out there from reddit or something I may have missed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's going to launch only with building and collecting skills, but the devs have straight up said that this is literally going to be the development toolkit for all of EQ Next. Eventually you will have all of the tools they have, including AI scripting and cool shit like it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So looking at Smedley's recent tweet, it looks like this Jan 31st event is still going to be before the alpha starts.

John Smedley ?@j_smedley 19h
Founders pack purchasers will be the first into Alpha as promised. What we are showing at the event is under controlled circumstances.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SO they missed Smed's deadline? He is to be infuriating at times with the teams lol

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I have zero willpower. Broke down and got several Trailblazer packages.
I think you should ask those questions *before* blowing $200+ ... although I might eat that comment in a few days. My February gaming budget is gonna land on Pantheon or this here pretty soon.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It was nice to see them showcase the tool a little more, even if it wasn't a whole bunch of new information, still really cool.
Also good to see that it's confirmed that flying is only in your plot

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't do it! If anything just do the 20-$50 bucks for beta(which even then is bad, would rather if it was get into beta maybe 1-2 months before release and paid then, not this early). I would hate to see "pay before a alpha test is even started" becomes normal by big established game companies(its fine for kickstarter/indy type teams).

Nothing against the game, which looks amazing, but against this practice.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I am looking forward to reading the alpha forums a bit if the alpha doesn't start by the 31st. The "limited scope" remark by Smedley trying to explain how the public playing it at the event isn't the same , I get , but I assure you , there will be class action lawsuit/I want my money back rage threads and posts. Will be amusing.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell I'd read the forums for the eventual "we are paying customers" comments during Alpha/Best testing.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm holding out hope I'll get a "free" alpha invite old school way! Even Teso sent me a free one and they are sinking.. You would think they would try to monopolize before EQ.. Ha

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Trying to resist....I know it will end up being a case of where I should have just waited for the beta anyway, because the Alpha is going to be an unplayable shit pile, but damn it--Super Mine Craft looks like a lot of fun.