EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

misery_sl

shitlord
I will be in alpha. What else would I spend my game money on? I don't see enough interesting games lately to justify not spending the money on EQNL.

Trion bought CubeWorld?
Looks like a Chinese knock off of CubeWorld. They should rename it to CubeLand

Caliane

I will be in alpha. What else would I spend my game money on? I don't see enough interesting games lately to justify not spending the money on EQNL.

Looks like a Chinese knock off of CubeWorld. They should rename it to CubeLand
hahaha. so Trion makes a minecraft/cubeworld clone and gives free alpha access. "fuck you Trion!"
Sony makes a minecraft/cubeworld clone, and charges you 60-100$ to play. "whelp, nothing else to play, guess I'll give them 100$"

misery_sl

shitlord
hahaha. so Trion makes a minecraft/cubeworld clone and gives free alpha access. "fuck you Trion!"
Sony makes a minecraft/cubeworld clone, and charges you 60-100$ to play. "whelp, nothing else to play, guess I'll give them 100$"
I dunno, two games, one appeals to me and one doesn't. It's not so much as fuck you Trion as, my opinion is thus.
Also, I think it's more of an issue with Trion not having enough quality/demand to be able to charge for alpha access, while Sony clearly has such. Free is obviously much better in their case.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
uh their most recent endeavor was a horribly rushed, 50-70% finished, with bugs/glitches and a very badly optimized engine.

If it was a traditional MMO it would have been a lot worse, but since it was a MMOFPS it cut out a lot of usual MMO features/mechanics.

And what was before PS2? I think DCUO? I didn't play it to know, but I didn't hear good things after the first half of the game.

Their entire track record is bad.

misery_sl

shitlord
I'm talking about Landmark, and I think it looks amazing. The most recent video got me pumped. I never really cared about anything related to Planetside 2, but I've heard it has been getting better.
Anyway, the voxel design tool set that they are offering players looks very impressive, which is what has me excited. Ultimately, whether the game fails or succeeds in my eyes depends on how well that world building aspect fits into the actual "other" gameplay and community interaction of Landmark. If the other areas of the game are as intuitive as the world creation tools they are showing in the recent videos, I will be very happy. Right now I'm swinging towards optimism.

Their entire track record is bad.
They don't have the most impressive track record, true. I wouldn't know if calling their previous games failures is really accurate though. Sure, they don't live up to subscription legends like WoW, but they do seem to have their own little fan bases and enthusiasts. I think they have the passion, funding (I didn't research their numbers) and experience to be able to release a AAA game. I still think they are reaching for the stars here, but they tend to impress me recently.

This might be the game that sets them back on the right track. Who knows.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
how pathetic has the gaming industry become that now gamers are actually willing to PAY to play in alpha/beta. i'm sorry, but that's about as fucking dumb as going to work and paying your boss for the privilege of working there...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
how pathetic has the gaming industry become that now gamers are actually willing to PAY to play in alpha/beta. i'm sorry, but that's about as fucking dumb as going to work and paying your boss for the privilege of working there...
Gamers were always willing to pay for early access. Developers were just never savvy enough to charge for it.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You anti-fanboys can hate it as much as you want. They are showing true quality in their recent endeavors, and I plan to capitalize on it by throwing my money at it and potentially enjoying it someday.
I'm a SoE fanboy of sorts.. some of the my favorite mmo experiences were in EQ and Planetside. Vanguard also, before SoE destroyed it. However, I also recognise that SoE has the biggest gun pointed at their feet of any of the major game studios.

Somehow, SoE manages to come with a lot of very good and somewhat original ideas. But then they execute them (and I don't mean in a good way).

A few years ago, I probably would have thrown my money at them again. The recent mmo market has changed so much though that nobody gets money from me before release anymore. GW2 is the last game I prepaid for. The shiney has worn off the industry, and nothing they do excites me because it's the same old bullshit with a different name. Not even SoE's latest new ideas can get me to pay for an unfinished wishlist full of bugs and exploits.

Make a game that works and "maybe" I'll play it, no promises.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I keep saying it. Gamers are their own worst enemies. This horse crap proves it.
I'm still waiting for someone to provide a reason as to why this is so offensive.

Nobody who bought alpha access is paying to test a game, I guarantee it. People are paying because they are excited about the game, and want to play it as soon as possible, no matter what state it is in. Perhaps they want the advantage of extra time with the dev tools so they can get better at producing content than launch day players, thus giving them an advantage in player studio.

In my case, EverQuest is probably one of my favourite IPs, and I have never gotten to be a part of an EQ game from day one. Even at EQ launch people spoke of Beta and I was always jelly as shit. In my opinion, $100 for that opportunity is pretty attractive, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

misery_sl

shitlord
I don't find the connection between my shitty job and play testing EQNL early. Maybe if my job was new and exciting or in a MMO world and not a fracking full time job with a scumbag boss then I would agree with you, and my quality of life would go up immensely as well if that was the case. I get what you're saying, but some people actually want this enough to pay a couple measly doll hairs for it. My job pays me enough to buy the things I want, and I understand that many people might not have that privilege. To those people I offer you a 7 day (or whatever) beta pass in the future when I get them. Good lord, I paid 200 dollars for a college book that I didn't even crack open once during the class.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's ok if people want to pay for alpha. If they are excited for the game then good for them. And the money gives the devs some breathing room while also an idea of how popular their game might be.

I actually envy the people who are excited for the game enough to pay for the alpha. It's a good feeling and it doesn't come around enough in life.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm still waiting for someone to provide a reason as to why this is so offensive.

Nobody who bought alpha access is paying to test a game, I guarantee it. People are paying because they are excited about the game, and want to play it as soon as possible, no matter what state it is in.
Yup.

In my case, EverQuest is probably one of my favourite IPs, and I have never gotten to be a part of an EQ game from day one. Even at EQ launch people spoke of Beta and I was always jelly as shit.
Big time, man. EverQuest holds a certain place in my heart and on some level I had always been a bit jealous of those people that had been playing since beta.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yup.

Big time, man. EverQuest holds a certain place in my heart and on some level I had always been a bit jealous of those people that had been playing since beta.
rrr_img_49612.jpg

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man is this the same board population that screamed and shit on the very same company when they announced a pay for the discs and shipping beta with their premium SWG beta?
Seriously?

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup.

What part of EverQuest do you see in Disney Land characters wearing Sci-Fi armor (as per the founder packs rewards)?

If I see a hint of EverQuest in their Land Mark deal I would have considered playing the free "thing". But I see nothing that speaks Norrath for me.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Alright, I've decided too.

I'll be in alpha with bros. Are some of us planning any projects together? They mentioned that you'll be able to open up plots for people to help you build. Seems pretty awesome. If anyone has been in the Minecraft server for RR, if we have a tool this strong to build together.. holy shit is all I can say.

Meatus_sl

shitlord
I'll be in Alpha as well.

Bought the Explorer's pack. Being in Europe and paying in euros means I would have to pay $121.46 for the trailblazer. Now I payed $72.89 for Explorer's pack. fucking bullshit.