EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
From what I've seen them say is that the AI tools , everything will be available, I'd take that to mean you can change rules and yes run your own server or at least continent using the tools. Real money will be involved I'm sure with your own continent . but they've got to make money with it.
You would need to be able to control alot more than just the AI, you would need to be able to control how the other players play through your area of land. DOTA wouldnt have worked if I could take my lvl 10 Tauren and walk onto the map and start killing things. They needed the power to make sure people playing it were playing by their rules.

Essentially to run your own server where peoples levels and abilities are set by you and their progression controllable by you. I don't see it happening.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm sure eventually somebody out there will release an emu type server for EQL and just create their own game. I like the idea of that much more, truly like a minecraft styled system. However like mentioned money is involved and not quite sure they'd ever actually let us do that. It would be fucking rad though.

Or at least like that RTS system of making a dungeon / world and letting other people play it would be bonkers.

Skurd_sl

shitlord
Dave let out via Twitter that the underground world was about 1mile deep, that's pretty rad.
Good to know it's really huge !

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
1 mile is fucking crazy, the world is going to be absolutely insanely massive if that is true, like daggerfall huge.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's procedural content with AI that takes care of itself, totally believable and awesome.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am sure you could do it, I am also sure the AI would do some crazy shit once you set it loose, one of the reasons I hope its true that they plan to just set this stuff free.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's procedural content with AI that takes care of itself, totally believable and awesome.
Yup, anyone who has played huge worlds in Minecraft know what is possible. I'm just super-stoked that it's going to done in a triple-A budget game!

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Lenas_sl said:
Yup, anyone who has played huge worlds in Minecraft know what is possible. I'm just super-stoked that it's going to done in a triple-A budget game!
Whoa settle down there guys. This isn't the Pantheon Thread. Keep your expectations low and realistic.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Whoa settle down there guys. This isn't the Pantheon Thread. Keep your expectations low and realistic.
Lol, this game has a real budget and a real development team. It's also the foundation of SOE's future strategies. This game is going to kick ass!

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have they said anything in the round table videos about resource contention?
Like if I'm mining some rare minerals and some dude shows up, will a click-fest between me and him ensue to see who gets the mats?
I'm not a builder, didnt play Minecraft, so i'll spend my time exploring and gathering.
I wonder if the Minecraft fans will feel constrained though (albeit with nicer graphics), since it seems there's a ton more freedom to do what you want in Minecraft.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Have they said anything in the round table videos about resource contention?
Like if I'm mining some rare minerals and some dude shows up, will a click-fest between me and him ensue to see who gets the mats?
I'm not a builder, didnt play Minecraft, so i'll spend my time exploring and gathering.
I wonder if the Minecraft fans will feel constrained though (albeit with nicer graphics), since it seems there's a ton more freedom to do what you want in Minecraft.
This is why I'd like PVP areas for EQL also. I'd like the pick-axe to the back of the head method to resolve such dispute.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Trust me, I'm not even remotely close to the excitable type. That said, everything they are showing for Landmark is exactly what I'm hoping for. Exploration and building in a procedurerally(sp?) created world a la Minecraft, but with a full development team? I'll take it. I know a lot of people get very butthurt over developers and these games, but I'm simply not one of them. I don't really care about any past "transgressions" from SOE. I want a new and interesting online game to play and they are hitting on all the sweet spots for me right now.

If they deliver shit? I'll be somewhat disappointed that I blew 100 bucks on this alpha package, but it's not the end of the world.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
1 mile is fucking crazy, the world is going to be absolutely insanely massive if that is true, like daggerfall huge.
Saw that too, shit is nuts. EQN will always be the one I'm truly looking forward to out of this bunch, but EQNL is sounding pretty damn good these days.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Trust me, I'm not even remotely close to the excitable type. That said, everything they are showing for Landmark is exactly what I'm hoping for. Exploration and building in a procedurerally(sp?) created world a la Minecraft, but with a full development team? I'll take it. I know a lot of people get very butthurt over developers and these games, but I'm simply not one of them. I don't really care about any past "transgressions" from SOE. I want a new and interesting online game to play and they are hitting on all the sweet spots for me right now.

If they deliver shit? I'll be somewhat disappointed that I blew 100 bucks on this alpha package, but it's not the end of the world.
I agree man. This shit has me excited as well, well not landmark per say but EQN.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I imagine Storybricks will be a slightly more personalized faction system (some NPCs will react if faction X is greater than Y or if Z requirement is met), and a "different" combat experience.

I imagine the big plus of using Storybricks is a UI that let's you create the relationships faster. This allows player-made stuff