EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Myst

Peasant
I have never played minecraft, or any game of that sort. Would someone care to explain to me what is so important about "land rush" etc. Don't we all eventually get a piece of land to build on?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I get a lot of lag when harvesting, dont know if my computer cant handle the pixels or wut. Also walking into a new chunk of land often leads to loading gears and my character bouncing up and down uncontrollably. Definitely has a lot of optimization work to go through, but I like the game itself. Got a nice claim on the top of a mountain.

I have never played minecraft, or any game of that sort. Would someone care to explain to me what is so important about "land rush" etc. Don't we all eventually get a piece of land to build on?
Do you understand why people prefer certain types of land here on Earth and want to live on them?

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
It's real estate. Certain plots of land are more desireable than others. Maybe its on a cliff overlooking a beach. Maybe its a mountain top. Maybe it's right next to a main transportation area and sees tons of foot traffic and has high visibility.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Its really not bad for an early alpha.

I'm really disappointed in their world set up though as is. I expected more of an open world not just some random square zones. Then again I didn't pay any attention to their pre release videos so maybe that will change.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Trailblazer hooooo! (had some money left over from xmas, decided to take the plunge)

Ingame name is Moontayle.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
EQN Landmark @EQNLandmark
There has been an Alpha server outage. The servers will be down while the update takes place. [Dexella]

misery_sl

shitlord

I'm really disappointed in their world set up though as is. I expected more of an open world not just some random square zones. Then again I didn't pay any attention to their pre release videos so maybe that will change.
I agree, feels cheap.

spronk

FPS noob
they should have included like 2000 station cash and/or 2-3 months free of Sony Station pass with the founders pack, I'd be a lot less bummed if I could just go try out dcuo/ps2/eq2/vg premium plus it woulda shown people the current state of their lineup.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
rrr_img_58904.jpg

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Ok, they are down for a few.

This game is, as it stands a fun version of minecraft on peaceful mode with some basic things to build.

I have not built any structures yet, been concentrating on harvesting and exploiting geography if I can just to try to break things.

It crashes, alot.
Options for filtering chat or messaging are, afaik, very limited or non-existant.

I expect everyone of the people that have been playing on the rerolled minecraft servers will eventually play this game at or before release. If you don't like minecraft, this might not be the game for you.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got a mountain top claim, built a tiny castle last night, then overnight the world healed itself and all my structures were gone, still had my crafting tables and torches lol.
I thought at first the huge boxes were the claim size, so was paranoid i couldnt get my wife to get her claim next to mine, but they're not, you can place a claim pretty close to another, just have to move it around if you get invalid placement. She's on another hill top next to mine.
I was surprised that to 'template' your stuff you need to 'build' the Selecting tool, which has tier 2 mat requirements. Almost about to build it, but tier 2 stuff is kinda rare in tier 1 zones.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with claims is that the spacing between claims is HUGE... I am guessing this is so you will eventually be able to have multiple plots next to each other without worrying about the land being snatched up around you. Also to prevent the world from turning into a metropolis.

There actually is plenty of places to "claim" still. You just need to venture away from the spawn. Hit "M" for map and search for gaps in the white boxes. I was able to snatch a decent claim between 2 others.. it was a super-narrow piece of land but still in a prime area.

They can easily fix the current land grab problems by simply making the spacing smaller between claims.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Right now there is an exploit possible for mad resources. Create a block of a material on your claim and then erase it, your harvest ring will give back 10% extra than you spent on it.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord

Yeah this surprised me also. I'm not sure if this is by design or just what they currently have.

I was really expecting a more seamless, open and connected world rather than a list of instances each that are simply a giant square block everyone builds on. On top of that, the overland seems to just be a disgusting mashup of urban density with peoples claims everywhere.

I suppose most of the exploration/adventuring happens below ground, I dont know.