EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
"Our apologies. It's going to be an hour or so later than expected. We hit a hitch. Still on track, but later than hoped." David Georgeson (@DaveGeorgeson)

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Still on track, but instead of actually being on the track, we're running over you guys while you're alive. Crushing your bones, etc. It's pretty hilarious. Be up and running sometime between now and 10 years from now.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I have to say I love the way SOE is handling things so far:

-refunds for Founder's Packs
-Open about what's going on with the Alpha patching
-Dropping the NDA

Is this the real life or is it just fantasy? Has there really been a serious paradigm shift in how they are engaging with their players?

Flight

Molten Core Raider

-Dropping the NDA

Is this the real life or is it just fantasy? Has there really been a serious paradigm shift in how they are engaging with their players?
My vews on SoE couldn't be more positive right now. The last ten years have seen WoW clone after WoW clone from most everyone else but SoE have continued to try and innovate or more the genre forward. Sure they've dropped the ball a few times but if they had padded out their organisation with college grads and suits they'd have been forced to just follow the WoW gravy train like everyone else.

razzle_sl

shitlord

-Dropping the NDA

It's real life. However, I'm not sure I agree with refunding Founder's Packs. People knowingly purchased access to a broken game.

On the other hand it's good PR for SOE. So I get it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Patch code done, build has been started. Should be up soon.

"We *might* have news on how hard it is to claim stuff. We definitely found a bug. Trying to figure out if we can do anything about it in the near term.

The good news is it's a bug. More details soon."

Meatus_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_58948.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
^ was gonna post that. I checked one last time before I was gonna go to sleep but now I'm not sure if I should stay up or not.. lol.

At least they put a reason for the error on the launcher now.

It's real life. However, I'm not sure I agree with refunding Founder's Packs. People knowingly purchased access to a broken game.

On the other hand it's good PR for SOE. So I get it.
Actually I think it's excellent. People who don't understand the complications of an alpha, or are there simply to play early, and neglect providing constructive feedbackshouldbe encouraged/allowed to quit before beta. This turns down the white noise significantly so the dedicated players and the devs can have clearer communication about the actual state of the game.

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
I'm thoroughly impressed with all aspects of this.
- The state of the game, at an alpha stage
- The fun (I'm really enjoying it, and wondering if it has the same longevity as Minecraft)
- Dev responsiveness and communication
- No NDA, refunds

I can't see anything they've done that is not customer friendly.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Lost all my placed shit on my claim today. Sad face... only thing of real value though was the void vault. I can replace the crafting stations.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Update : The build is done. We think it's ready. But we're having trouble with the actual server hardware. One box won't come up. Troubleshooting.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 1m
Well, clearly the 15 minute estimate I got was less than reputable. Trying to get a new ETA.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
David Georgeson ?@DaveGeorgeson 55m
Turns out the servers were unhappy because there were too many claims on them. Fix is in. Recompiling server. Test in 15m.