EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

moontayle

Golden Squire
Awesome images, guys. I am bothered by the inevitable wipes coming because I have a pretty cool design going on a mountain top.
Templates templates templates. Once I have the "shell" of my design set up I plan to template the fuck out of it. It's gonna suck having to go through the resource/crafting grind again though.

Fedor

<Banned>
riaCzO3.png

Fd77RsQ.png

O5OXp4H.jpg

xcvGlf7.jpg

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm just building too large, but I don't see how most people fit this stuff on their claim...
i have 1 building and it has what seems very limited space.... How are you all judging scale?
Someone stopped by my place and their comment was... OMG that's huge! So I don't see how people put in 7 berooms, dining rooms, 7 floors, etc....

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dwarf-head Mountain is pretty awesome!

I just started really digging into my claim and building. I really like the building tools. Once you really start building, time disappears. I looked down at the time and I had been playing for like 3 hours last night and it felt like 20 minutes...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
shits cray

However, I refuse to believe that was done 'freehand'.

I'm not familiar with 3d modelling, but I'm gonna assume that guy has access to some kind of voxel based program that assisted with that.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Good shit.

Does the 'paint tool' only change the surface voxels? For instance, if you select a solid stone sphere and then paint it gold, does it only change the surface voxels on the sphere to gold or the entire thing?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I'll be the first to say , I will no longer give any shit for graphics or Disney looking anything. Good god if someone can do that already with all the tools not even implemented........

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Someone stopped by my place and their comment was... OMG that's huge! So I don't see how people put in 7 berooms, dining rooms, 7 floors, etc....
Look at things often in first person view. You will realize that the space you "need" is much smaller when you aren't zoomed out so much. It also has the benefit of feeling much more like EQ.

Does the 'paint tool' only change the surface voxels? For instance, if you select a solid stone sphere and then paint it gold, does it only change the surface voxels on the sphere to gold or the entire thing?
If you select the entire thing, you'd be selecting the interior as well. Changing only the surface of a sphere would require doing it one voxel at a time.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
If you use the select tool to select the entire sphere it will paint every voxel inside the selection box, including the interior of the sphere. To paint just the surface you either need to select just the surface or use the 1x1 sized paint brush.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I have not been excited about a game for a while, and i must say (even through my F EQN posts in the past) just Landmark itself is damn fun and if this is fun, i can't imagine how EQN is going to be, if the artists for SoE are half as good as what the players can build, this is really going to be a very interesting world (hope they have good gameplay mechanics) but as i sit here at work, all i do is think about wanting to get home to get into Landmark... no game has done that to me for a while.
smile.png

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I have not been excited about a game for a while, and i must say (even through my F EQN posts in the past) just Landmark itself is damn fun and if this is fun, i can't imagine how EQN is going to be, if the artists for SoE are half as good as what the players can build, this is really going to be a very interesting world (hope they have good gameplay mechanics) but as i sit here at work, all i do is think about wanting to get home to get into Landmark... no game has done that to me for a while.
smile.png
And Landmark itself is still missing a ton of features/content still as well.