EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
DG said caves won't be ready for the launch of Closed Beta, so it's definitely going to be happening mid-Beta. It will be interesting to see how that'll be handled

By rolling out similar to biomes, I mean they will add new islands with caves generated in the layout (and having the old islands stay as-is). I don't see how they could include caves in existing landscapes, without affecting claims.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
With how they've said that claims would be wiped end of CB (keep inventory) it wouldn't surprise me to see then do a claim wipe mid-way through CB also once to implement and test the cave system.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I suppose a wipe where you keep your progress/resources, but lose your claim spot, would be the best route. It's not a total wipe, but allows them to change up the landscape.

They might need to do it when adding water, as well, since that'll likely result in underwater claims.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
With how they've said that claims would be wiped end of CB (keep inventory) it wouldn't surprise me to see then do a claim wipe mid-way through CB also once to implement and test the cave system.
Yup it will probably be like the tundra/old forrest implementation. Add some new maps mid closed beta that have the full above and below ground biomes. And then when it wipes for open beta they can transition to all the islands being that way.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Yup it will probably be like the tundra/old forrest implementation. Add some new maps mid closed beta that have the full above and below ground biomes. And then when it wipes for open beta they can transition to all the islands being that way.
Well, they have wipe for water.. So either caves and water in same wipe, water with closed beta, or an extra wipe.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not a chance in hell they would implement caves and water in the same patch / wipe (not a slam against you Lleauric in even the slightest intended way, it's just they seem to break a bunch of shiteverytime they implement something big). I'm all for CB now so I can hand out my keys to friends / forum peeps.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If water and caves don't make the same patch and frankly I think thats highly unlikely I think it will be a matter of them just opening up more islands I don't see them doing multiple wipes during closed beta they are going to try to limit those as much as possible.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Those time limited keys are now unlimited. Nice.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eqnl...ta-keys.25547/

Hi Everyone!

Okay. We've discussed this internally, and we've decided that the four time-limited keys that were included with the Trailblazer packs are now UNLIMITED!

So, if your purchase a Trailblazer pack, you will be granted four keys to give to your friends/family/guildies that will get them UNLIMITED ACCESS TO CLOSED BETA!

Please note: these keys do not include any of the items that come from the Settler's Founder's Pack, so if you're interested in those items, you will still need to purchase a pack. Also, these shareable keys only come in the Trailblazer pack; if you purchased an Explorer pack and would like the keys, you'll need to upgrade your pack to Trailblazer.

We'll be updating the website and FAQ with this new information, and we look forward to seeing all of you (and the four other folks you recruit!) when we get to Closed Beta on March 26th!

Thanks,
Dexella

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
They can enable caves/water without wipes. Water they can just enable on new islands the way they did with new biomes. Caves can just be enabled underground, they don't need to have it affect the surface. Anyone looking for caves would just have to dig a little bit to get going.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Have they sent those keys out yet or have them up on our accounts to give out for CB ?

Edit: NM , saw they said they will email them out to us on the 26th.

darkko_sl

shitlord
How big is Landmark install? Gotta see if I need to free up some space on the SSD. Got 25gb available, but I think some people were saying the cache file gets pretty big or something?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
How big is Landmark install? Gotta see if I need to free up some space on the SSD. Got 25gb available, but I think some people were saying the cache file gets pretty big or something?
It really depends how much world hopping 25 gb will be a bit tight. The actual game install is only like 2gb but if you hop worlds a lot the cache can bloat up a bit as they have not put in much optimization on auto clearing it although you can manually smack it down easy enough.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQN Landmark - Founder's Pack
Beta is only $20.

while I felt the alpha price was retarded. $20 I can get behind.
ESPECIALLY now the risk is mostly gone. Game does look good and Sony does look like they are being great with it.
Yup game looks good and its pretty easy to build some impressive structures even for the uncreative like me so if anybody is in the mood for some building I would recommend giving it a shot.