EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tiles past a certain point can give you pretty much infinite possibilities with a limited number of variables. Much easier to manage thanactualinfinite voxel possibilities, I'm sure.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In case they fix this tomorrow, if it wasn't already known, accessories don't lose their effect as long as you don't manually remove them or change weapons! So equip a axe/pick, go through and equip 2 of each accessory, and become a super fast farming machine!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ancient rootstock can lick my taint. Fuck those things. Even when you know where they are, and what they look like, they are far too rare.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Patch notes:

403 Forbidden

Claim Changes
Good news, everyone! We have increased the number of claims you may own! You may now have two (2!) root claims and three (3!) attached claims. You will need to craft the flags to stake these claims as usual. Also be aware, that the limit on attached claims is a total limit of three. It is not three per root claim. For example, you can have one root claim that has all three attached claims but that will leave your other root claim with zero available attached claims.

Crafting Changes
Several recipes have been rebalanced to better support the current allocation of resources across Tiers. These include:
All axes
The silver sickle
Both Grappling Hooks and Pulverizers
All tiers of the sifter crafting station
All accessories
Additionally, the Ring of Brawn can now be crafted at the Basic Workshop and Iron Ingots can now be crafted at the Basic Forge.
Grappling Hooks have also been renamed. The Bronze Grappling Hook is now the Explorer?s Grappling Hook and the Viridium Grappling Hook is now the Adventurer?s Grappling Hook.

Mining / Harvesting Changes
Ore veins have been changed so that metals of the same tier are now combined.
Copper appears alone, as it is the only tier 1 metal.
Iron has been paired with tin.
Tungsten has been paired with silver.
Cobalt has been paired with gold.
Mithril has been paired with rubicite.
Individual veins of tin, silver, and gold have been added to tiers 2, 3, and 4, respectively.
Descriptions of metals, gems, and stone have been updated to clarify where they can best be found.
Rebalanced spawn weight of Cotton, Jute, Plumthistle and Sunblossom to help even the spawn chance of each plant. Also slightly increased model size of Jute to help it better stand out against the environment.
Sundrop Heartwood is now called Petrified Heartwood
Vital Heartwood is now called Ancient Heartwood
Serpentine Heartwood is now called Mossy Heartwood

New Props
We?ve added a handful of craftable props to the crafting stations!
White Light Orbs, two stained glass windows and a pair of iron braziers can now be crafted at the Tinkerer?s Workshop.

New Material!
Pink Lumicite is now available to craft at the Saw Table. Just in time for Easter.

The Showcase (previously the Trading Post)
We?ve renamed the Trading Post to the Showcase! We decided to do this because it is going to be used for a lot more than just purchasing items. We?ll be adding the ability to easily browse through and vote on all of the entries in a given competition. You?ll also be able to easily browse through and find claims in the world that you might be interested in visiting!
The Showcase is now available outside of the game!
https://www.landmarkthegame.com/store/
We?ve added some new items to the Showcase!
Orbs of different colored light (Blue / Green / Indigo / Orange / Red / Violet / Yellow)
Navy Blue Wandering Nomad?s Finery (This is a brand new outfit!)
White Wandering Nomad?s Finery
Black Formal Victorian Wear
Black Casual Victorian Wear
Royal Blue Adventurer?s Gear
Red Colonist?s Encounter Suit
Mithril Builder?s Bag and Mithril Builder?s Chest
Diamond Builder?s Bag and Diamond Builder?s Chest
All items purchased from the Trading Post can now be traded 12 hours after purchase. Just as a reminder ? items purchased from the Trading Post are not re-granted if you delete your character!

Hotbars
We?ve added swappable hotbars to the game! Want to have all of your building tools one one bar, all your mining tools on another? You can do that! You can swap your hotbars by pressing the arrows on the left side of your hotbar, or by pressing CTRL + 0-9.

Bugs
You can now use the Right Click menu on yourself and other players within the Party Menu. You can Promote to Leader, Kick a party member, or Leave Party.
Sometimes, portions of the Crafting UI would not update when switching from one station to another.
Changing islands would sometimes result in the outfit you were wearing to overlap with the default outfit. This should no longer occur.
It was possible for stat bonuses to persist after you had switched out one equipped item for another.
Sometimes you'd get an odd lightsource around your character when you went in to First Person mode. Fixed!
The Leyline Station window will now close when you get a certain distance away from it.
Heroic Movement animations should now display to other players.
Revised the Gold building materials be more gold-like.
Added Audio to the Pulverizers.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
How much do you need? They're easy as fuck. Trade you for some diamonds.
I think I have most of what I need for now (got 150 of them eventually, took like two nights though). I'm sure I'll need more to upgrade my loom, and I haven't even looked into how many are required for any tools I might make in the future, but that's enough for now. Where are you going that they are easy? I went to Timber, which had the right kind of forest, but once all the specific trees (maybe 10-20 max) were cut down they didn't respawn for like an hour and I couldn't find any more.

Speaking of, is it a gradual respawn (ores and trees for that matter), or do they all pop at once? Because one time I just started clear-cutting an area because I needed the Heartwood anyway, and I figured maybe there is a chance that they respawn as either type, hence not seeing any more popping, and the whole screen froze for a few seconds, the tree I was chopping suddenly became un-choppable, and it seemed like everything re-popped. But other times it seems like it doesn't work that way. I thought ores gradually re-filled, but I never really paid attention either, and obviously trees don't slowly grow, they just pop.

Also, I probably only have about 100 diamonds total, otherwise I might take you up on that when I need more.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My claim is on Gully which is Tundra / Old Growth and I find them all over the forest areas, sometimes in clusters of 3-5 trees. Never have to run around for more than 60 seconds or so before I spot another one.

Pretty sure that areas respawn based on how harvested they are. If you start chopping down normal trees as well, the area will repop faster. Have heard this works with mining as well, get everything you see. Each resource can respawn as anything within its tier so you can't really farm only what you need.

I was dreading ancient rootstock because of people's complaints about it, but I honestly got everything I needed within half an hour the first day I tried. I had a much harder time with thistle trees in the desert when I needed them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ancient rootstock has not proven to be to much of an issue for me. The trees that drop it are pretty big so when you do find them they kick out a fair amount of what you are looking for. I recommend grouping with somebody as you hunt around for them its a great way to stock pile lots of wood and stuff while getting the rootstock.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it's easy to spot them from a mile away too. I just beeline towards them, grappling around the forest like a ninja. The only tree I had trouble with was the desert thistle, and that was before the spawn fix.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Cool, I'll give Gully a try next time I need them. I'm on Tor, so I basically have thistle and cones (whatever the pine tree one is called) in plentiful supply, so it was a big contrast trying to find the old rootstock ones.

Thanks for the info about respawn, I guess clearing the forest really did help in that instance.

Caliane

stuff is always in massive abundance right after a server reboot btw.
like the ones today/right now.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Just as a reminder ? items purchased from the Trading Post are not re-granted if you delete your character!
WTF? So if you pay $10 for a stupid costume, it doesn't even persist on your account? Am I misunderstanding something here?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you buy anything in real life and then you throw it away, do you expect a store to give you a second one free?

"Blah blah its digital"

Doesn't matter, don't delete shit you pay for.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
No, but I also don't have the ability to delete my entire self with a misclick.
tongue.png

Really hope they change that soon. Character delete key is right under the Play key and there's no confirmation pop-up either.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
If you buy anything in real life and then you throw it away, do you expect a store to give you a second one free?

"Blah blah its digital"

Doesn't matter, don't delete shit you pay for.
What digital products have you purchased a copy of that you can permanently lose the rights to (aside from things you obviously don't keep like currency/rentals)? Every other F2P game I've played has had account-bound purchases. It's just stupid, and I'm definitely not buying anything from the market if that doesn't change.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How about this, take some personal responsibility and don't delete things you want to keep, regardless of money involved.