Escape from Tarkov

Fadaar

That guy
Moral of the story is just don't ever play labs

Had a few fun scav runs earlier on Reserve. First one had a full size Mosin and heard some people sniping up on the dome. Only saw a person once or twice and was really confused why it sounded like there were multiple shooters even though I only saw one. Well, as I'm setup on the.... 4th? floor of white pawn I see a group of 3 coming down the mountain and so well that explains that. Had a nade I had picked up and tossed one from a fourth floor window that landed near them, sadly no kills. I was seriously amazed I didn't get one or two with it. One of them backed up and hid behind a rock but thanks to my elevation still had LOS, domed him. The other two move down toward black pawn and get stuck fighting AI scavs, get another one. At this point I've moved up on the roof. Third guy comes up and gets me, not much I could do with no more nades and just a Mosin. Would have had to one tap otherwise I'm dead meat since no armor or other weapon. Could have tried to sneak down the opposite stairs but it was a 50/50 gamble on which way they'd come up and I picked wrong. Oh well. Then next scav run I hop on the nade launcher that points toward the train area and get a *4* kill on a PMC squad right by the red tower as they were crossing. Unfortunately they had absolute shit gear, all rocking bare bones AK74's and had fuckall for loot, no armor or helmets and just a bunch of junk in their bags. Made like 300k selling it all but the quad kill was priceless.

Last edited:

Cybsled

lol that is like that FO76 exploit where people were doing that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Happened to me on labs yesterday yea.

Game is dead to me until they deal with China for real.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It would be nice if the world of gaming would just automatically region lock or otherwise ban/not sell to China. Such a huge % of shitstains.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Apparently they know about it at are working on fixing the code issue and banning people.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It wasn't funny back in 2012 when FF14 hackers were triggering market board purchases from other players to steal their money.

To be able to strip the inventory of live players throughout the map in 2020? That code base is fucked.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
It wasn't funny back in 2012 when FF14 hackers were triggering market board purchases from other players to steal their money.

To be able to strip the inventory of live players throughout the map in 2020? That code base is fucked.

Playing Tarkov is like being in an abusive relationship... it mostly sucks but then occasionally its so good you forget about all of the suck

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Stupid bad weight system is going live as we speak. Yet another way BSG is penalizing players for actually bringing in gear to a fucking raid.

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'll probably log in tomorrow and see if it's as bad as people claim it is. Did they mentioned if they are fixing any of the strength leveling sploits or can I still just instantly have 50 str and ignore the entire mechanic?

They do seem to be following the DayZ plan of nuking their playerbase by continually patching in more "realism" unfortunately, which is a bit worrying.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Well skill leveling was already super slowed down when they implemented that mechanic that essentially stops you from leveling that skill after a certain amount of XP in that skill has been earned in that raid. So when you go into a raid and look at your skills it has the red/green arrows.

If you are talking about that specific exploit on Shoreline where people were falling through the map yes I believe that was fixed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw there's a sploit in factory that has existed since before .11 at least. You can fall out of bounds of the map and go in to infinite freefall, which for some reason counts as normal movement. Even with the skill soft cap limits you can get 20+ points of str or endurance in a single factory raid because the movespeed is so high and you're not limited by stamina since you're just falling.

Before the soft cap you'd max str/endurance/covert movement and get ~30 points of health in a single raid. After the softcap it takes like 2-4 raid or so to max it all.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They reset everyone's strength and endurance to 0 too. Seems like something you should wait for a wipe to test, but what do I know. Instead of screwing literally every one over because of exploits, it would make a million times more sense to lower everyone down to some max value, like maximum 10 or something and leave everyone under that the hell alone. Probably a good way to remove demand for more servers though since it'll probably make some people quit for awhile.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've been watching a fair number of streams for this and I'm seriously considering diving in after the next wipe. It's just a really interesting game concept that intrigues me despite not usually liking games with harsh failure penalties.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They reset everyone's strength and endurance to 0 too. Seems like something you should wait for a wipe to test, but what do I know. Instead of screwing literally every one over because of exploits, it would make a million times more sense to lower everyone down to some max value, like maximum 10 or something and leave everyone under that the hell alone. Probably a good way to remove demand for more servers though since it'll probably make some people quit for awhile.

If they didn't fix factory it's pointless anyway. I can max str/endurance in about ~2 hours if it still works.

Witless

Trakanon Raider
I’d wait a day or two for them to troubleshoot their own patch. Other than people complaining about excessive head bob while overweight, there is currently a bug causing people to randomly lose millions of rubles from using the market or doing scav/PMC runs.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I've been watching a fair number of streams for this and I'm seriously considering diving in after the next wipe. It's just a really interesting game concept that intrigues me despite not usually liking games with harsh failure penalties.

When this game is good, there is nothing like it. When this game is bad... you will want to Summit1g your fucking monitors

*edit* and it changes from day to day with no real reason for it to change

• 1Like