Escape from Tarkov

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I look at twitch the past few weeks and the top streamers that I have liked are all playing this. So yeah this shit is def blowing up.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
they've made millions and millions in the past couple months, with this game blowing up, time to spend some money guys - if you can't figure out how, hire someone who can

Eh, it was the same with PUBG for years(still is, really). Despite the popularity, some games' infrastructure are just designed like shit from the ground up.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would take 60-120 FPS as long as a game eliminates any freezing, stuttering, lag, and desync issues. Throwing higher powered rigs at it in the future will help any FPS issues but if the server infrastructure is not up to snuff nothing will offset that.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Do you think the game will be on sell anytime soon or should i just buy it at 35$ today? I can wait a bit more if i can save like 10$.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Do you think the game will be on sell anytime soon or should i just buy it at 35$ today? I can wait a bit more if i can save like 10$.

Their sales are so random that who knows when the next one will go live.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

You should wait until all the streamers are done playing. Its really not a good game. I get the hype for playing it but thats all it is.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Most likely case for a sale is ~May when the next big patch happens, so it'll be a while.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You should wait until all the streamers are done playing. Its really not a good game. I get the hype for playing it but thats all it is.
I think you should probably play now, because when the streamers get tired of it, the population will go down and it will just be super sweaties and long ass queues (basically like it was before the free twitch shit). There's also enough newbies and shitters that if you're new yourself you'll probably do better now than any other time in the last year or so.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I think you should probably play now, because when the streamers get tired of it, the population will go down and it will just be super sweaties and long ass queues (basically like it was before the free twitch shit). There's also enough newbies and shitters that if you're new yourself you'll probably do better now than any other time in the last year or so.

There were only long queue times AFTER the population of the game went up. Before twitch drops I was averaging 1:30 to get into a raid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Might as well get it, and enjoy it now. Once you get past the learning curves, you might end up looking to spend more. The near double stash* size and 3x3 pouch is just too fucking good.

I really don't see this game slowing down just yet. It's got a pretty good winning formula. The intensity of this game is in a league of its own.. out of my 20+ years of near dedicated fps gaming and competing near the top. Granted, I also didn't see Fortnite becoming the titan it did since they opened their BR w/ RNG bullets nor did I expect the dramatic decline of PUBG w/ the 1.0 release and just pockets full of bluehole spaghetti. Atleast battlestate seems focused, aren't trying to market consoles or phones.. and are drilling out punishment mechanics. Oh, and no e-sport ready focus.

Cultists for night mode, door breaching w/ shotguns, prone leaning, overweight, sprint/jump punishments with larger backpacks/armor, and other weight oriented stuff seems to be things on their horizons from devblog. 1911, new shotgun, watch w/ a compass(yay cardinal), airdrop, 40? player map(streets of tarkov?), suppression effects(current is just a placeholder)... uhh don't know if i'm missing anything else important.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I finally made it out of a raid as a scav, felt ballsy because I made some money and went in on my PMC. Got shit on by a two man team camping the extraction. They were killing anyone trying to leave.

Heart rate through the roof though.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't play anything but labs because of frames.

Especially with scopes, get 70 normally then 30-40 zoomed on woods for example.
Been messing with fog and a few other things after seeing some videos, been some improvement. Still having fun with some dot/gun combinations fine but then certain others can't hit a stationary scav for shit.

I have really noticed a huge difference between us server and a foreign one. May be only 150 ping showing but it makes the difference soloing a raider group and suddenly struggling to hit a slow walking normal scav.

5 thick items and dozens of other cases full of shit. Need to start burning them up on labs, getting tired of reserve finally.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't see how Customs can have 21 extracts and Interchange only 3. I've yet to run Interchange on my PMC specifically because of that, mostly because I run solo and don't want to deal with extract camping.
Extract camping is vastly over blown. One of my crew finished 100 killa kills and ran into it like twice.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Interchange is getting raiders next patch, so likely will have increased extracts and one of them is a trigger for the AI aimbots.

Apocalypse

Trakanon Raider
For the Ques make sure to select all the US servers, or where ever your from, Since I did that i went from 10-20min ques to 1-2 mins. Now back to lurking for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
US server queues don't suck now? I had been queuing lowest ping Euro servers last couple weeks, was able to get in games in <2 mins.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
US server queues don't suck now? I had been queuing lowest ping Euro servers last couple weeks, was able to get in games in <2 mins.

It depends on when you are queuing. They really start to suck about the time PST primetime kicks in.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Their sales are so random that who knows when the next one will go live.
The sales are usually tied to russian holidays.

Feb23rd might be a good one for a sale. They had a sale in 2017 and 2018 around that date I think.