Escape from Tarkov

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Personally hate landmark. Shame since he's otherwise a gun loving shitlord. But unlike merely playing fast and loud, he bunny hops like it's COD, and while fairtx and others have some miraculous fast peak shots, they also occasionally suck and look believable. Some of what he watched seems unparrelled amongst the other streamers. So it's like not watching the same game. But what gets me is just his bitching and whining when he actually does die always blaming stream snipers or some other excuse while he's busy running around like a maniac and anyone could get a lucky shot.

Think grimmz too was one called one of my buddies a stream sniper when they killed him and his partner, buddy barely had even heard his name and we had to tell him it was a streamer after the fact. (We used to look up anyone w/ TTV type names to see if live after we killed them to see if they were raging.)
Watch DatModz. new to the game and entertaining.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I've only got ~200 hours, all from last wipe and I've only really "learned" about 3 maps. Woods, Interchange, and Customs. Dabbled on Factory, not sure if I've been on Reserve or Shoreline. I'll branch out this wipe I imagine, but compared to nearly every other game I play, I suck. Not like, I'm worse than normal, I'm just not "good". I'm sure there's 10,000 people like me who extract one out of three raids as PMC and win like 50% of gunfights.

Definitely a learning curve game, but that's what makes it fun. Until you watch the leveled up pros like Landmark or Grimmmz or Summits or Pestily of course who just throw on whatever gun and ammo and shred through everyone while blasting full speed giving 0 fucks about how much noise they make.

Learn Reserve. The keys for it are nice but not needed unlike Shoreline or Customs.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Scav run and he found a GPU immediately. He went prone and the second he did a shot whizzed above his head.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Spawned on Woods, 30 minutes left as a scav. Had a lab card in my pocket. This was my view:

1625965117990.png

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Nah, I figured it out, but it was interesting when I looked left and right and couldn't see the other signs. I basically 180'd and carefully walked away. Had to fucking extract at Eastern rocks though and had to literally run from the west boarder to the east boarder mid game. I got it, but I'm lvl 18 so I can't even sell the fucking thing yet.

Fadaar

That guy
Nah, I figured it out, but it was interesting when I looked left and right and couldn't see the other signs. I basically 180'd and carefully walked away. Had to fucking extract at Eastern rocks though and had to literally run from the west boarder to the east boarder mid game. I got it, but I'm lvl 18 so I can't even sell the fucking thing yet.

wtf did they bump up the level requirement for flea market again?

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's lvl 20 now. Really makes stash space a must. Nice way to move those edge of darkness packs I guess!

Had friend kill an aimbotting ESP/Radar boi yesterday. Sniped him at 216m with a mosin. The best part? The aimbotter shot at him first, from inside a warehouse in interchange to the top of the roof of power station, where my friend was on the roof shooting through the slats of the ladder. Upon checking his body he had about 4 dogtags and a 1x RPK he tried to pull off that 216m full auto headshot with. Also thermite, about 20 cans of food/drink and a car battery. Real piece of shit just headshotting players while picking up the best items he could see through the walls.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's lvl 20 now. Really makes stash space a must. Nice way to move those edge of darkness packs I guess!

Had friend kill an aimbotting ESP/Radar boi yesterday. Sniped him at 216m with a mosin. The best part? The aimbotter shot at him first, from inside a warehouse in interchange to the top of the roof of power station, where my friend was on the roof shooting through the slats of the ladder. Upon checking his body he had about 4 dogtags and a 1x RPK he tried to pull off that 216m full auto headshot with. Also thermite, about 20 cans of food/drink and a car battery. Real piece of shit just headshotting players while picking up the best items he could see through the walls.
Ugh how’s the cheating in this? Warzone got me so triggered by the cheating.

Fadaar

That guy

20? fucking aids. think the highest i ever go was like 15 or 16 in a season just because i didn't play PMC very often, had more fun scav'ing and just hording gear.

• 1Pathetic

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is one of those games you could die to a cheater every match and until you get to the point where you knew 100% of all the circumstances of your death. I've played every day since last Weds launch, probably average of 6-8 hours per day and I've did to cheaters maybe twice, but can't confirm. It's funny this is the one guy we CAN confirm but we got him. I wish I was streaming because my friend literally said "you want to see the most trash sniper spot?" then I looked at his discord stream and he goes "Oh there's a guy" and BLAM BLAM BLAM ... BOOF it was over. Fucking CSI 100% determines he was a cheater. I went to the spot and stared at my friend and he didn't even render at that range with a 1x scope. GG Sheik_Yerbouti_ you piece of shit.

Also had several tags and two of them were killed 1 second apart. That happens with auto sprays, but nah.

Basically unless you run the highest end content you won't know. Kinda sucks, but I've probably died to hackers a few time I justs assumed got lucky or were good shots.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Or you kill 2 players, a bunch of scav and with 4 min left one somehow 3 taps you with 545 ps thru your armor

gauze

Molten Core Raider
20? fucking aids. think the highest i ever go was like 15 or 16 in a season just because i didn't play PMC very often, had more fun scav'ing and just hording gear.
Benefit, is the scav karma system they introduced in this last patch. Higher your karma, the better the gear, and scavs having a higher tendency to follow your commands. I'm not sure how the boss friendly part works, but there is that too.. Go chill with bosses and such.
I'd say a mass majority of the cheaters aren't there to salty frag people, or pull out rage cheats. I haven't looked, but there is supposedly a pretty big RMT market.. So they're usually more focused on that because they either get to maintain their hacks, or turn profit. Atleast from the interviews I've seen. They've all alluded to this in some form or another. I ran into my first last night on reserve since the beginning of the wipe. One guy leading a pack of timmies. I thought I was about to fight a whole squad because of the amount of foot steps coming at me.. Nope just a guy that insta tapped me at full sprint.

As far as the Flea market getting pushed back, honestly a great idea. I think at the last podcast, Nikita mentioned that he is either entertaining or looking at it being actually gated via hideout instead of level. I think a thing to remember is all this high end m4/hk class 6 armor abundance is supposedly going to be exceedingly rare when the game hits "live" Nikita much prefers the janky/struggle bus style.. And I think so does majority of the community, given that wipe is usually the most busiest.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

As was said it happens more often than you probably can prove. Im not sure there is a way for them to fix it really. They have an anti cheat system in place but it hasn't stopped people from cheating yet.
As far as the Flea market getting pushed back, honestly a great idea. I think at the last podcast, Nikita mentioned that he is either entertaining or looking at it being actually gated via hideout instead of level. I think a thing to remember is all this high end m4/hk class 6 armor abundance is supposedly going to be exceedingly rare when the game hits "live" Nikita much prefers the janky/struggle bus style.. And I think so does majority of the community, given that wipe is usually the most busiest.

The problem with what Nikita thinks is that if we have to spend 2 weeks finding high end stuff its not going to be a good experience the first time you take that shiny M4 out of your stash and get 1 rounded by a fucking hacker they have proven over and over again that they can't even curb and everyone fucking quits. Most of the community are morons who think they are losing cause the guy they died to had an m4 and slick when in actuality they died because they fucking suck and can't click heads

• 1Solidarity

gauze

Molten Core Raider
And that's fair, honestly.. I've played for about 2 years now? I've used an m4/hk less than 10 times, not counting the people I've stolen from in raid, and used to get out. Granted, I've also used the hell out of an MP7..

I guess it's just me and the people I play with that all agree that early wipe is the best tarkov experience..? Either way, a lot of people also think the person that 1tapped them is hacking.. When in reality they're not. The conundrum of the system provided, but even if spectator/death cam/replay was a thing, even half those people would still think the same.

I don't think lowering the accessibility will be a bad thing and according to the podcast, the durability penalties will be higher both on guns and armor too. I don't think it'll be that horrendous to find m4s given majority of the accessibility is on traders.. He was more mentioning super rare guns which I didn't really pay attention to what he named, but I think of the .338 lapua that they ended up gating behind Shturman kills.

Also I didn't play a lot toward mid to end of last wipe, but I do distinctively remember the wipe prior.. Where it was all M4/Hk with drum mags, magdumping at a person. I think that specific mag ended up getting ergo nerfs last wipe?? Buuut yeah clicking heads

You're also talking to someone who uses the willerz special, pp-19 with the woodgrain. Rofl

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't like the early wipe because I'm not jazzed to do the quests over. I've done them 10+ times and I'm just tired of them. I've never gotten the kappa but I do enough quests to unlock all the trader levels and I'm generally between level 50 and 60 when the wipe period ends. I prefer the mid/end game of tarkov rather than early wipe. Now this might be because I suck at this game, and holy hell do I, and I can't click heads either. Its just that when I hear Nikita talk about things like that on the podcast I suspect he just wants a 'modern' DayZ

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, doing the task over again is daunting; facts. I've been pretty okay with it this time around, esp since there has been a bit of a shake up on requirements and new tasks.. also a lot of forgetting on my part. I'm like lvl 22? right now, and have averaged about a task/set of tasks a raid up until this weekend where I have just been fucking around with raiders/mr glue on Reserve. But I also slam my task out in night raids and usually run into maybe 1 or 2 PMC, and they're usually crouch walking and get silhouette killed by me rofl. Last wipe, I raced to kappa and it helped that previous wipe before that I had got kappa somewhere half way in.. so it was all relatively fresh. I think I just needed like 3 or 4 more headshots for SBIH, and the 3 kills on woods for the punisher taskline.. and I couldn't bring myself to do it again.. but I severely slowed down the tarkov play cus things like Valheim, and other games.

While I don't disagree, I just don't have any experience with DayZ. I know that they're trying to do a lot of "realism" and getting rid of the COD like shooter.. so things like movement inertia to prevent A/D spamming, or Q/E spamming.. things like weapon durability finally coming into play for weapon malfunctions, which helps -hopefully- prevents the magdumping meta we've seen in the past.. I don't have the facts, but I've been told that most high end bullets are actually the worst hitting on gun durability.. I'm sure I could look it up, too lazy.

iirc, and could have completely misunderstood; Nikita loves the flea market being pushed back but is considering moving it to being gated by hide out to help those who aren't heavily task-focused.. because in reality, that is from my understanding, a large group of people who just don't do tasks.. or at least bare minimum for hideout. I remember seeing a lvl 57? or 58? streamer whom I got? or got me? I can't remember.. but I saw his task log, and it was all tasks I was completing in my 20's.. I was 40 something with kappa by this point, farming killa. Also backed by Kappa being pushed to Lvl71, so there is a heap of dedication involved.. and I think it was Pestily who said it, sucks for those without EoD.. because there is no equivalent to the gamma.

I will say, one thing I like about tarkov, is that you can suck and still do good. Might not get all the kills, sweeping lobbies landmark style.. but I have two friends who have very little to actual zero fps experience.. and they're doing quite well. One of em just likes doing hideout stuff, tamagachi style.. and the other does pistol runs for high ticket items, low entry high reward.. esp if he wins the fight, which apparently to him 3/10 times he does.. and thats a enough for him.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

I'd like Tarkov a lot more if they wouldn't do complete wipes. It was fun for a cycle or three, but in most games I tend to be a hoarder i.e. find a lot of fun in building my stash up but knowing it's just going poof in 6 months isn't a great motivation. I'd like to see them add a mode that has that "fresh wipe" feel anytime you want where your PMC spawns in with scav-quality loot automatically, plus whatever keys are in your pouch, so everyone is on a roughly equal footing and nobody has meta guns. Sort of a mix between scav and pmc, i think it would be pretty fun.

Sludig

Benefit, is the scav karma system they introduced in this last patch. Higher your karma, the better the gear, and scavs having a higher tendency to follow your commands. I'm not sure how the boss friendly part works, but there is that too.. Go chill with bosses and such.

I'd say a mass majority of the cheaters aren't there to salty frag people, or pull out rage cheats. I haven't looked, but there is supposedly a pretty big RMT market.. So they're usually more focused on that because they either get to maintain their hacks, or turn profit. Atleast from the interviews I've seen. They've all alluded to this in some form or another. I ran into my first last night on reserve since the beginning of the wipe. One guy leading a pack of timmies. I thought I was about to fight a whole squad because of the amount of foot steps coming at me.. Nope just a guy that insta tapped me at full sprint.

Scav karma is shit though, it's buggy and you get random bigger/smaller jumps, and you quickly run out of decent ways to raise it as things like the car extracts have heavy diminishing returns. Would be fine except you get some player scav shoots at you, you kill them can still give you negative and usually agro all the other scavs and then you often get to choose die, or fight back and lose lots of rep.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Scav karma is shit though, it's buggy and you get random bigger/smaller jumps, and you quickly run out of decent ways to raise it as things like the car extracts have heavy diminishing returns. Would be fine except you get some player scav shoots at you, you kill them can still give you negative and usually agro all the other scavs and then you often get to choose die, or fight back and lose lots of rep.
I'm just kinda viewing in more in the scope of it being a new system, similar to when they added hideout management and crafting skill(a lot of changes in the first months of last wipe).. Changes toward it will happen in the coming months. I think it's just an exciting idea that it's actually happening, and rewards for being a good scav. Onepeg did a video on the benefits of the max scav, one being fence having unclaimed insurance items which I'm sure will get expanded upon, and solid loadout; iirc 60-80k worth.. But in another video within a week, he ran into a bug where he got max negative rep with fence.. His scavs were spawning in with a gun, one mag, no meds, no bag and instant scav aggro. Vehicle extract was like 28k or some dumb shit.

I personally haven't had any issues, granted I'm like .65 when the max rep it 7.0 lol. Onepeg seems like he grinded it mostly by doing scav/pmc extract. I seen clips on PMCs showing up to the scav/pmc extract as a hatchling.. My friend was watching pestily over the weekend, and explained an incident where he was just firing into the air.. And a scav ended up showing up. I murdered a pmc last night and got rewarded some rep after following a trail of dead scavs.

I'd like Tarkov a lot more if they wouldn't do complete wipes. It was fun for a cycle or three, but in most games I tend to be a hoarder i.e. find a lot of fun in building my stash up but knowing it's just going poof in 6 months isn't a great motivation. I'd like to see them add a mode that has that "fresh wipe" feel anytime you want where your PMC spawns in with scav-quality loot automatically, plus whatever keys are in your pouch, so everyone is on a roughly equal footing and nobody has meta guns. Sort of a mix between scav and pmc, i think it would be pretty fun.

That will supposedly be a thing when it goes live, which I'm guessing will be in 2023?24? Nothing official on when other than Nikita dropping hints on wanting to wrap up tarkov in the development state so that bsg can move onto the next project.

Said something a long the lines of a static server, a seasonal server, and then a tact shooter style.. Which are from my understanding somehow all link, with perks? Achievements? Or something, I don't know there.