Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Scav karma is awesome and anyone that disagrees is a huge hater of fun. Scavs actually having incentive to cooperate and hunt remaining PMCs is leagues better than every scav run just being a shitty deathmatch with other scavs, or just farming braindead AI for their pocket loot.

Scavs are actually legit scary now on popular maps like reserve or interchange, and you'll run in to gangs of like 3+ of them relatively frequently if you stick around for too long on your PMC.

The actually rep gain/loss system needs some fine tuning obviously, as well as whatever the potential rewards or punishments may be, but the core of is just objective upgrades to the general flow of scav gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
The biggest problem is scav betrayal can lead to a complete shit storm of karma problems. Some one player running and jumping around, not sure if PMC or not, shoot to kill. -0.05 Fence. Now the scav NPCS all kill you and you have to fight your way out. -0.02 per dead scav on your way out if you survive the silent spawning shotgun scavs. So now that you just tried to defend yourself you're up to -.1 or worse fence rep all because you played Tarkov the way it's meant to be played. Shooting people that could murder you.

I like the IDEA of the system, but they need tweaks. Obviously having a reason to not just blast all scavs for extra loot when scavving is a great idea. The problem is the negative karma can really fuck you fast and hard. My scav rep is like 0.89 or something, but my friends is like -1. So he has like +20 minutes and sometimes spawns in with just a pistol. So now when he spawns in mid lobby and has a pistol, he HAS to betray a scav to get an AK or Hunter or something so he can potentially kill PMCS. It's like the opposite of what they want. They're giving him more reason to kill NPCS.

I think it'd be cool if +rep just had MAJOR bonuses and there was a bottom out for karma, but not a hole you could just keep digging. I've never been a scav blaster, but it's kind of dumb that they have this whole thing built around not shooting people. That's literally the entire point of Tarkov matches. Blasting before you're blasted.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Scavs are actually legit scary now on popular maps like reserve or interchange, and you'll run in to gangs of like 3+ of them relatively frequently if you stick around for too long on your PMC.
Seriously. I've been fucking around on reserve for the past few days now, a mixture of doing the task required without the keys and just hunting raiders to hunt raiders, or glue.. I've done this before in the past, but now? It's a fucking tower defense to secure the raider bodies. Literally fight the raiders, win, then wave after wave of fucking roaches just keep coming. Legit, one of the most fun things I have ever experienced in Tarkov. Some of these player scavs have been sneaky as fuck. It's not that it hasn't happened in the past, but it's every time now. I use to be able to kill a bunch of raiders, and honestly not worry about much and get out. I'm under the conclusion that majority of it, aside from loot, is looking for the rep bonus for killing a PMC that has kill scav/guards/bosses.

The biggest problem is scav betrayal can lead to a complete shit storm of karma problems. Some one player running and jumping around, not sure if PMC or not, shoot to kill. -0.05 Fence. Now the scav NPCS all kill you and you have to fight your way out. -0.02 per dead scav on your way out if you survive the silent spawning shotgun scavs. So now that you just tried to defend yourself you're up to -.1 or worse fence rep all because you played Tarkov the way it's meant to be played. Shooting people that could murder you.

I like the IDEA of the system, but they need tweaks. Obviously having a reason to not just blast all scavs for extra loot when scavving is a great idea. The problem is the negative karma can really fuck you fast and hard. My scav rep is like 0.89 or something, but my friends is like -1. So he has like +20 minutes and sometimes spawns in with just a pistol. So now when he spawns in mid lobby and has a pistol, he HAS to betray a scav to get an AK or Hunter or something so he can potentially kill PMCS. It's like the opposite of what they want. They're giving him more reason to kill NPCS.

I think it'd be cool if +rep just had MAJOR bonuses and there was a bottom out for karma, but not a hole you could just keep digging. I've never been a scav blaster, but it's kind of dumb that they have this whole thing built around not shooting people. That's literally the entire point of Tarkov matches. Blasting before you're blasted.

Just gotta follow the ROE. Don't fire unless fired upon; lol. I haven't had any issues personally, and I have managed to kill player scavs that have either attacked me or killed my friends. I have also died to player scavs too as a scav, usually white names. Unless I'm crazy, and it shows white no matter what.. But as per usual, I'm in the mindset it doesn't matter because I lost nothing.. And if it is a high ticket item, I'm usually pretty decent at getting out without getting got. I think I've only ever died once as a scav with a gpu and that was in the wild west era of scav lifing.

I find that the PMC or player scav can be a bit difficult, but there are some key things that helped.. One being armband, since it's now an unlootable/permanent attachment; it's the first dead giveaway. I've killed a few PMC because I see either a red or blue armband. Another is, as a scav.. Learning scav voice. I use my mumble a lot. On the flip side, if I'm farming items for a task on my scav.. I usually go woods.. Twice now I've stalked someone in the distance for a good 10minutes trying to identify if they're a scav or a pmc.. Both times I couldn't find enough evidence to make an attempt.. But I enjoyed stalking them, following them and watching from afar.. But ultimately a bit of a time waste.. There is also relatively distinct paths a PMC usually goes, while it's only a percent of the actual PMC playerbase; it's atleast distinguishable enough as a player scav moving into those areas for the most part. Which is usually a mixture of knowing timings, and what a person would be doing/going in said areas.

Funny story last night, when I was running all the markers and jammers on shoreline.. I was at the villa, I was trying to locate an ai scav for AKM kills.. Friend was helping me find him. A scav runs up about 10 feet, wiggles at me.. I wiggle back, asking if that is my friend. He's telling me no, and I'm realizing why would my friend be wearing a ushanka hat. He starts to run off, I start to laugh and unload into him. Keep in mind I'm wearing a shatter mask, and diaper armor rig(white armband and muscle bear shirt). This also happened awhile back to my friend when we were sweeping for Tagilla. Scav wiggles at friend, he wiggles back.. Another friend comes around the corner blasting killing scav.. Friend of player scav comes flying out in a blaze of glory to getting gun down. Honestly; it's just an amazing system.. Flaws and all. I feel the interactions have grown significantly versus scavs just killing other scavs all the time. #stopscavonscavviolence

Just have your friend grind some vehicle extracts while doing tasks, we got my friend from -1.3? To .4 np. Grouping with friends as a scav is infinitely easier too because a lonely scav is less likely to open up, eventually you'll be able to command scavs too.. So it will get better.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Waiting till fired upon? Sure except that especially before big positive karma, you likely are dead in the first couple bullets or critically wounded. If they miss and you react you get counted as the aggressor.

Or even better, I find a player scav looting some scavs/raiders, figure he should be tagged right? Nope, -.05 and tagged.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean, my karma is only .65? I wouldn't count that as big karma. It's worked for me. Again, I'm not at all disagreeing with the flaws that exist.. But I infinitely enjoy this more than everyone going TDM as a scav. I'll rest easier knowing that the person who killed me will envitably have a much shittier time if he maintains the behavior. I haven't died to many player scavs, it's quite rare. Often, I pay tribute to other player scavs by offering some of my found loot. I've given out corrugated hoses and ssds. Just because fuck it, I do not care. I've always been a pacifist on my scav anyways.. So nothing really changed for me.. Just that at times there is more of us. I've had instances where I've ran 4+ deep with other random player scav sweeping Interchange for scraps.. That never happened prior to scav karma.. Everyone either fought or stayed as far away as possible.

Over the weekend, I was in reserve as my scav.. Looting and running a round train station. My friend got killed by a player scav as a scav, I found him because he stole my friends pilgrim.. Got +rep, and turned around to the trains station.. There were 5 other scavs just staring at me. /wave, and pulled my knife out. Flicked to the body a few times, offering the pilgrim and whatever loot.. And left with zero problems. I'd say without a doubt in my mind, they were initially hesitant to approach until I pulled my knife out. They could have easily gunned me down because they definitely witnessed/heard a murder, or atleast saw the aftermath.

I did run into a problem the first 3 days, where I ran into a player scav on the east side of dorms right between the heating pipe and bus station.. He open fire, I don't even know if he hit me; killed him.. Looted, but the scavs that also spawned there attacked me and lost rep for that too. I managed to deal with my wounds and got out with a STM9. Funny enough, it was the same night they hot fixed the whole null -rep when fired upon because in the first few days, even if the scav shot you.. If you shot back/killed them, you lost rep. Then I learned about vehicle extract, and all of that lost rep was fixed within a few raids of doing shit I would have normally done anyways.

On a side note, I do have a scumlord plan once i'm done with my hideout, or atleast BTC farm going..

If they miss and you react you get counted as the aggressor.
Is to abuse this very instance of firing at a player scav, intentionally missing.

If there was something that I absolutely despise though, is the amount of client side/server side shit. Particularly the open/closed shit. Its pretty annoying to follow someones loot path, only half way in to find out things have already been opened/looted.. usually only happens as a scav since PMC often have "first dibs." Actually ran into an instance the other day where the door on my side was "open" but I go to find out, that actually on probably his side, and the server side.. it was closed.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm at like 2.x something scav karma and haven't noticed any significant differences really. My scavs probably have better gear on average? But it's nothing insane or anything.

Level 38 now and basically out of reasonable quests to do for XP. I ain't doing Kappa again, especially with them moving the level requirement to 70 or whatever (which is basically infinite XP for normies). I ain't touching shit like tarkov shooter etc again until we're in a "stable" release or whatever and no more wipes, shits too unfun and makes me wanna quit every time.

Stay off EU servers if you can, cheater problem is really bad there. I was using them early on just cause the matchmaking was instant compared to like 5+ minutes for NA, but it ain't worth it. If you're running any kind of real gear you'll get chinamen warping up in to your face 60s in to the raid with 25 headshots from their kedr or whatever pretty regularly. It doesn't matter as much if you're running trashcan gear cause you aren't worth the time, but load in to EU with an altyn on for half dozen raids and it's pretty eye opening just how bad it is.

• 1Like

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
Is it appropriate to post Tarkov memes here?
img_1_1626951519587.jpg
img_1_1626821444873.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yah I dont worry about stash cleanliness until after Im done mostly with doing tasks and am just playing the game. There are times over the course of tasks that I am forced to sort it out as i have no more room to do anything but otherwise its just a meth addict's shit show in my stash until Im done tasking.

• 1Like

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
Stop by the stream and drop a follow, if you want some one to play with also, DM me here or Twitch and ill send ya my discord link.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hydromarty

Vyemm Raider
This is hilarious to me. sad also. I jebaited a PMC while scav running.
I then looted the Gluhar and the one dead scav body guard

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Man, I don't normally get "tarkov'd" maybe the occasional interp but w/e.. but fuck, have the scav play of my life; 46 mods, mostly silencers and scopes.. a dvl, glock, mpx, don't remember the other gun. I played the fastest game of tetris I have ever played in my life, discarding tons of bullshit loot to fit other loot.. stripped all my armor just to make the run.. I'm just sad.

fucking tarkov'd | 8 Views 👀 | Medal.tv | #1 Free Clip Platform

Last edited: