Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Man I need to fire this up again. Haven't really played since a short bit after .11 launched. Are weapon presets a thing? Less stutters you say?

A lot less stutters so far but I have gotten a couple of microsecond ones. Presets are a thing but you have to upgrade part of your hideout to unlock them. I haven't really fooled with them yet as I am only level 12 and haven't really unlocked mods yet.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Think I might be upgrading my edition during that sale. This patch made a lot of changes and I still haven't tired the new map yet

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I am not fond of the new map... but it may just be because i haven't learned it and how hard it is to extract due to the extraction methods.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was watching Lirik play the game today, and holy fuck is this game butt clenching.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Difference is usually you die much quicker than that. Fighting 2 tards with junk ammo seemingly

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There is nothing like this game for butt clenching if you play it. Extracting successfully after getting into intense gun fights all raid is an amazing feeling

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I almost feel bad right now. Game has exploded in player base and it's just endless level like 5-15 kids just getting clapped all over lol.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yea I almost feel bad right now. Game has exploded in player base and it's just endless level like 5-15 kids just getting clapped all over lol.

Yeah but this is like the Tarkov rite of passage. Like when you were underclassmen in high school getting destroyed but you endured cause when you got to be a senior you got to destroy

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Remind me a bit of S.T.A.L.K.E.R with a hardcore mod like M.I.S.E.R.Y without the mutant and more online. I would like to see a game with feature from both games.
Btw can you upgrade the stash size or it's locked behind the edition you buy ? Like in the hideout maybe ?

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It seems like all the major Rust/DayZ streamers/Youtubers are playing this game now. Stimpee, AquaFPS to name 2 mid-range youtubers that I watch regularly.

I won't lie and say I haven't been tempted to get this game and try it. They sucked me into about 65 hours of Rust which I both loved and hated in equal measure, so I assume Tarkov would be similar. DayZ and Miscreated were both busts, I did not enjoy either one of them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is nothing like Rust or DayZ really.

The survival aspects are token at best and mostly ignored. It's best to think of it like persistent Counter Strike - your economy is important, TTK is super low (with rare exceptions for trash ammo vs armor), knowing sight lines and angles is very important, etc.

The gunplay really is just the best though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The survival aspects are token at best right now, but I suspect will play more of a role going forward. The devs have hinted heavily they are going to move the game more towards survival and there are a lot of systems you can see in game that aren't in yet that are survival based.

And yeah, the gun play in this game is amazing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea if/when they ever actually complete their vision with streets of Tarkov or whatever and the persistent raids that span maps the survival bits will get way more interesting.

Just plz don't ruin it like DayZ did where 90% of your attention is on finding a can of sardeens so you don't starve to death in 11 minutes.

• 1Solidarity

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Remind me a bit of S.T.A.L.K.E.R with a hardcore mod like M.I.S.E.R.Y without the mutant and more online. I would like to see a game with feature from both games.
Btw can you upgrade the stash size or it's locked behind the edition you buy ? Like in the hideout maybe ?
Behind paywall or you can upgrade in game in hideout for escalating amounts of resources. Final upgrade is pretty fking pricey, however, by the time you are ready to think about unlocking it, it's more effective to be just buying more and more item cases. (Items case sit in stache and are much larger inside than the space they take up)

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This is nothing like Rust or DayZ really.

The survival aspects are token at best and mostly ignored. It's best to think of it like persistent Counter Strike - your economy is important, TTK is super low (with rare exceptions for trash ammo vs armor), knowing sight lines and angles is very important, etc.

The gunplay really is just the best though.

I kinda meant that they would similarly suck me into this game, not that it is like Rust or DayZ. I am intrigued by the intricate loot system but frightened by the all or nothing loot system.

Also, I panic easy in PvP shooters, which means I am shit at these games, so I would expect to get owned on the regular lol.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
There are secure containers that protects the items in it from being looted upon death. Not sure how the insurance mechanic works, but you can insure your items during load-out.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
You get insured items back in the mail after about a day if they were not looted and extracted with in a raid. If you get into this game its pretty much always worth it to insure your gear except for very specific circumstances.