Escape from Tarkov

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Its always worth it to insure your items except when going to Labs as insurance doesn't work on that map(on purpose). Secure containers are small and you can only put certain items in them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea insure everything. You'd be surprised what you get back sometimes.

Fadaar

That guy
I had been tempted to get this for a long long time after seeing a few FPS streamers play it a year or so ago, finally did over the holidays because I had fuckall else to do the week of new years.

On the game itself -- ammo is more important than the gun shooting it. Did a few offline raids on Reserve just to test ammo against raiders since they often run high level armor/helmets. If you run non armor piercing armor you better shoot them in the face and hope they don't have face shields, otherwise you will get buttfucked. Same thing against players but depending on the map it could be more CQB and helmets aren't as important, ie labs or factory. Running shitty rifle ammo (ie PS for AK's or M855 for AR's) might be fine against scavs but any decent body armor will tank the fuck out of it whereas the big dick ammo (7N39 for AK and M995 for AR) will drop people very very quick with a good chest burst.

As a scav I've primarily stuck to running Reserve and literally scavenging bodies of raiders for gear to sell/horde. I've come out with 500k+ worth of shit before in a single run assuming I can find (or spawn with) a decent size backpack. Built up a fat stash of armor and weapons without spending any money. PMC runs for me are rare, I don't know Shoreline or Interchange at all yet and I loathe Customs. Reserve not a fan of the extracts, wouldn't be as big of a deal if I had a pick to use the mountain extract but I'm too poor to buy one. Factory I also need to learn better before I bring good gear in, and for the love of fuck do not ever spawn there at night unless you have NVG's. Pitch fucking black and scavs will rape you in the dark. Made that mistake once, never again. Woods haven't messed with it yet, same with labs. Every time I find/spawn with a labs keycard on a scav I die, never fails.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Customs: Learn to love it, or at least tolerate it. I would say like 75% of quests involve it and most them are early.
Labs: Stay away from Labs until you have a good grasp on the game and how to stay alive(you'll thank me later)

Use offline mode to learn the maps. This is the only time I advocate using offline mode. Scav every time its up. Be frugal until you really learn the game. Get used to aiming for heads even with good ammo. DO THE QUESTS. Some will be hard, some will be easy, but they unlock rep with the traders which will make your life easier. They are also worth a ton of xp, you will level faster doing them. The rewards are decent, some better than others.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The Customs cockblock really needs to change for the next wipe. Easily the worst part of the game currently for new players between queue times, the amount of quests there, the sweaty boys just ruining your shit, scav boss etc.

Quests need a major overhaul in general, but funneling the entire player base in to Customs for the first ~20 levels was a shitshow in .12, and it'll be 10x worse now with the player base being the size it is.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah i agree. Apparently according to the devs the quests we have been doing the last infinite wipes are just 'side quests'. They will be implementing the actual story quests in the next wipe I believe they said. That should be interesting to see.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else having ridiculous queue times? I know i'm probably mid-primetime.. but my scav runs are up before I can even get a PMC game in.

I read something earlier in Jan, I think on reddit from a dev, that said the servers are experiencing an increased volume of players and servers are just eating shit for it(2bexpected).. but I don't know if anyone else is having luck, or is it purely just me and everybody else trying to queue customs. I haven't bothered with anything outside of Factory scav runs, the occasional interchange, and customs.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yes queue times have gone up for everyone. They said they are upgrading server infrastructure but who knows how long that will take.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, just didn't know if there was like tricks by going to other maps or re-queuing after x period. Playing in the morning had significantly less queues. Definitely getting my barrings on the stash organizing and making bank.

My friend turned me onto dude is insane, plays aggro.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Quattro is really good. Be careful playing like him until you get his aim/map knowledge/situational awareness. One thing i learned watching him do labs all the time is where the money was.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, hes got some serious knowledge of the game. I was told he is currently the highest level in the game.

I've been trying to open up doing something similar during my factory scav runs with trying to push the limits a little bit. I originally saw AquaFPS do it on some youtube video talking shit about how the PS ammo isn't as bad as people make it out to be, just dropping people. Most because aiming at faces since a lot of people don't wear face shields.

Fadaar

That guy
I really need to stop being greedy and just get out. When I ask myself "am i being greedy?" and I hesitate to come to a quick answer, it's time to get out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, hes got some serious knowledge of the game. I was told he is currently the highest level in the game.

I've been trying to open up doing something similar during my factory scav runs with trying to push the limits a little bit. I originally saw AquaFPS do it on some youtube video talking shit about how the PS ammo isn't as bad as people make it out to be, just dropping people. Most because aiming at faces since a lot of people don't wear face shields.

There are a bunch of level 69s and a couple of 70s(max level) I believe.

Fadaar

That guy
looooool as a scav just murdered a PMC that had a fuckin weapon case on him

Had just spawned on Reserve and went inside the building right next to the sewer extract (the one with the open air garage and the office with the two jackets right by the door) and hear a dude rustling around outside. He comes in from my left (facing toward the trainyard/rest of map area) as I'm crouched hidden behind a big cabinet so I'm not visible as he comes in the door. Walks right past me and starts checking the jackets, unload AK-74 into his back. That area of the map is the one area I always seem to get caught on, was nice to catch someone else for once. Extract was CP Fence so I sprinted the 100m or so and got the fuck out even though there was like 35 mins left.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
looooool as a scav just murdered a PMC that had a fuckin weapon case on him

Had just spawned on Reserve and went inside the building right next to the sewer extract (the one with the open air garage and the office with the two jackets right by the door) and hear a dude rustling around outside. He comes in from my left (facing toward the trainyard/rest of map area) as I'm crouched hidden behind a big cabinet so I'm not visible as he comes in the door. Walks right past me and starts checking the jackets, unload AK-74 into his back. That area of the map is the one area I always seem to get caught on, was nice to catch someone else for once. Extract was CP Fence so I sprinted the 100m or so and got the fuck out even though there was like 35 mins left.

Its feelings like this that keep me coming back to this game despite my play time in it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
so i've been enjoying watching streamers play this, game seems pretty popular, wtf is up with 15-20 minutes to get a match? seems insane

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
so i've been enjoying watching streamers play this, game seems pretty popular, wtf is up with 15-20 minutes to get a match? seems insane

Growing pains. The game jumped in popularity with the Twitch promotion they did and they haven't gotten the infrastructure stood up to deal with the influx of players

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Growing pains. The game jumped in popularity with the Twitch promotion they did and they haven't gotten the infrastructure stood up to deal with the influx of players

odd, I thought nowadays upping server capacity was a few clicks or a phone call away (if a little complicated).

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
odd, I thought nowadays upping server capacity was a few clicks or a phone call away (if a little complicated).

This is essentially an indie Russian developer... I don't know all the logistics involved.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Regarding Scav and PMC queuing.. Scav's are "infinite" spawn? or is it relative to how many scavs are alive? and is there a certain point in which the scavs or even raids dont spawn anymore?

And I assume PMC is always at the start of the match, and finite to the number ranges on the map?

Also, protip; the wiggle is a good scav tool.. definitely walked out of some seriously fat scav runs just because I wiggled at another player scav. I haven't been shot in the back yet, but always keeping one eye opened or baiting XD

I was originally doing the crouch spam for identification; but i was always shot haha

Last edited: