Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Getcha boys over to Military Camp in Woods and come get your easy 250k-500k per run.
I do em at night. Military camp to old sawmill to village or vice versa. Mostly on my scav. Even ratting it, if it was cherry picked.. There is still enough loot left. There are 3 cases that are never touched, I think PMC's are too scared to grab ;) So far I've ran into 4 pmcs in this route since day#2 wipe, and won each engagement. 2 NV's and one spider eyes; other was a pistoling.

I've swapped over to reserve for the time being though, to find a tank battery and/or kill some raiders. Just walked out with 6b43 that is less than 50% for a task. Which I believe sells for more than a full durability verison of it and a ton of loot.. Literally couldn't sprint haha.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I love scavving military base at night. The raiders usually aren't touched if they're over by the railyard, a lot of players avoid that place and opt for the extract in the newer basement. You can get on top of the rail station and use the mounted machine gun if you don't have a good weapon, i've killed Gluhar and all his buddies before with that gun. It takes a bit of trial and error but I've noticed they seem to have a hard time spotting you up there from certain angles. Usually I'll trigger the raiders on purpose by activating the timed extract and then taking my sweet time to get back to the railway station. By then, everyone is no longer hunting players trying to escape and usually the raiders are there. They're so easy to snipe/cheese at night if you have an SKS or 5.45 AK with BS ammo, which is pretty easy to find even as a scav.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've been doing shoreline 98% of the time with my scav most caches don't get touched and get solid pulls out of the resort.

Sludig

That's a problem with Tarkov. You'll basically never know who's cheating and who just got a good angle/shot. I've had some people shoot me on the top of my head with no elevation around me and people hit me in the nape of my neck with my back to a wall. Is it possible? Sure is! Ricochets and bigly snipers and who the fuck knows. A kill cam would be sweet, but you'd have to do it after your whole team dies or obviously it's OP. Maybe even a little heat map with the in-game maps you can buy with just a dot where you are and a dot where they were on request.

So there's definitely some places people, streamers included, are big time sleeping on with the revamps. There's a place I've been PMC/Scavving nonstop for an easy 300k in hauls nearly every time with no competition. I obviously don't want to give it away because it's so much fucking loot that you have to spend close to 10 minutes just checking every container/spawn and if you're a PMC several scavs can spawn there. One spawned and shotgunned me in the back about 2 feet from me last night. Luckily he didn't brain me so I killed him, but was definitely not something I think should be happening. Usually they spawn a bit away, scream scavtalk, and then run towards you.
You are leaving out vagaries of a still very rough game at times. Top of head technically covers your forehead as well. The nape shot just tarkov things ( you used to often get shot peaking a box and the scav would wipe out your leg) Grenade physics are my biggest gripe. Shooting through non breaking glass is very inconsistant, on interchange easy to put a mag into someone and then have them return fire and 1 tap you just fine.

Certainly cheaters, and most of it is the one taps from extreme distance on a run or if you've been silent and in a area a while and they come running straight to you pre firing a corner. The rest of the time, aside from people like Ghostfreak who I still almost want to say has the worlds most succesful hack, it's often sometimes just lucky shots. You've watched enough video's where someone peaks a corner and makes a lucky quick headshot in a second flat.

Imagine you mean woods town near old mill, I've noticed it's pretty pinata there and doesnt seem to see many players coming. Hoping the vase spawn can spawn gold lions and I'll be set for a very annoying quest later.

Sludig

View attachment 326623
One Scav run to military camp. That's 1/2 the loot because I was running duo. I'm Therapist now :)
It's not nothing, but thats maybe not the best example of fat stacks of lewt... Like factory key, cms, and the surv 12 is over half that value.

My previous post mentioned a woods spot will get you some of the high value foods, luxury items, plenty of jackets too which is biggest key source that can be worth a million+ for the right key. , and early in the wipe like this a ton of "mechanical" type stuff that will sell high due to people building hideouts. It's why oli sucks right now, and the back hall of goashan fortunately is overlooked a lot of the time and usually worth a good bit on a quick scav run.

Anytime you get a decent scoped weapon spawn for a scav I'll go reserve and hangout waiting for end of map by the train, can usually pick up 4 raider kills and high military loot without interference 50%+ of the time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Any time spent on your player scav is wasted time, fite me.

Getting 40/max traders is priority one, should always be on your PMC until that's done.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

Getting 40/max traders is priority one, should always be on your PMC until that's done.

Early wipe when money/gear is scarce is the best time for scaving. You should look at your scav as a way to supplement your PMC with no risk.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
The loading in and out of raid time is starting to wear thin...5mins to get in a raid

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The loading in and out of raid time is starting to wear thin...5mins to get in a raid

Play on EU servers, matchmaking is instant there basically any time during the day.

Desync being what it is in tarkov the ping difference doesn't even really matter.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Play on EU servers, matchmaking is instant there basically any time during the day.

Desync being what it is in tarkov the ping difference doesn't even really matter.
Only about 1min-1.3min is match making, most it of is the loot process for whatever reason.

Haven't had it be this slow in quite a few patches.

Sludig

90% agree. It's nice for farming hideout mats while you focus on quests or waiting for your group. I prefer alternating with quick 5 min scav runs factory, can usually grab a decent bit of gear, scav loot like flash drives and labs cards, jackets for keys etc. Doesn't take much time to win or fail. Then when you cycle to a scoped scav can do a reserve camping train corner to kill the 4 raiders for phat lewts until you are trader 3/4.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Started ... playing(?) this (more of a dying simulator). Feels like I've been punched in the dick.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Can someone give me a 4-sentence summary of the game? I know it's kind of like a FPS survival game, but you keep your loot between matches?

Does it work like the Division PVP areas? Each deployment is instanced, but you only get to keep your loot permanently if you're able to extract it?

Then you can go into a new game with whatever you've extracted?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can someone give me a 4-sentence summary of the game? I know it's kind of like a FPS survival game, but you keep your loot between matches?

Does it work like the Division PVP areas? Each deployment is instanced, but you only get to keep your loot permanently if you're able to extract it?

Then you can go into a new game with whatever you've extracted?

You get what's called a player scav and your actual character.

The player scav has a random loadout and anything you pick-up in game can be kept if you make it out alive. It can only be played once every 20/30 mins.

Your main character can be played at any time but you must create your own loadout with items you have in your inventory. If you die in game you lose everything on your character other than what you can put into one insurance box. Usually this is a small amount of items. It's very easy to run out of items when you first start playing so I'd recommend you play with the scav until you get your bearings.

Start on one map and learn it, there are no in game maps and each map has different extraction points. The points are random and you have to know where to go to escape within the time limit. Other players, player scavs and AI are loaded into the game throughout your extraction time.

One of the biggest issues for me as a new player and why I stopped playing was the huge advantage veterans have gear wise. Items that allow them to hear footsteps better, see better etc. I kind of wish there was a way to play against newer players til a certain point until you got a handle on the game and maps. Prepare to get your ass kicked alot. Like Fadaar said it's best to watch streams before even jumping in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
One thing people forget about this game... you can load the maps in 'offline' mode. No other humans spawn, just you and there is no risk, if you die you don't lose gear. That said, you don't keep anything you loot either. Its a good way to get a feel for the game and learn the maps and the extract locations. Don't rely on this a lot or expect your experience in this mode to translate well to the game.

General tips:

1. Go slow, loot everything you can.
2. When looting bodies, LAY DOWN IN THEM while looting. CTRL + click on an item will auto loot to a slot it fits in or your bag.
3. When it comes to fighting other players, always assume there is another. Always
4. Learn to be okay with dying. Its going to happen alot. Sometimes fairly, most times not. And when inexperience isn't fucking you, AI and the game itself will.

I have been playing now for almost 3 years. If you have questions I will answer best I can.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
5. If you have a shot fucking take it. Hesitation has gotten me killed more than anything.

• 1Solidarity