Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can someone give me a 4-sentence summary of the game? I know it's kind of like a FPS survival game, but you keep your loot between matches?

Does it work like the Division PVP areas? Each deployment is instanced, but you only get to keep your loot permanently if you're able to extract it?

Then you can go into a new game with whatever you've extracted?

Literally watch this vid, will give you a tiny taste of the ball crushing nature of it. For a non pro streamer, your time will be worse.. But when you do succeed the high is epic. Other than long ass development and ongoing waves of hackers, biggest complaint is the top tier of the game is a huge leg up but very expensive.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

5. If you have a shot fucking take it. Hesitation has gotten me killed more than anything.
Or know when not to fight at all and avoid a confronation that you don't have a heavy advantage. Even if you fuck 2 players solo, before you can loot them you have more than a decent chance depending on map to have others rushing the sounds of a fight to 3rd party your ass.

Fadaar

That guy
Naked running the Jaeger acquisition quest cause I really don't feel like burning through gear. Get killed at Jaeger post -- twice -- and a third time by someone camping at the ZB-016 extract like 3 mins into the raid. What a bunch of faggots, just let the poor naked man get his Jaeger. Decided to run it at night instead and got it first try.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Naked running the Jaeger acquisition quest cause I really don't feel like burning through gear. Get killed at Jaeger post -- twice -- and a third time by someone camping at the ZB-016 extract like 3 mins into the raid. What a bunch of faggots, just let the poor naked man get his Jaeger. Decided to run it at night instead and got it first try.
Watch out for those cultists at night lol, was trying to do a quest at night on woods and got dunked by some cultists

Sludig

Some quests are much easier if instead of going straight to them, you dink around looting odds n ends or straight up hiding for 10-15 mins to let most of the activity die down or spread out then sneak in from advantageous avenues.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Can someone give me a 4-sentence summary of the game? I know it's kind of like a FPS survival game, but you keep your loot between matches?

Does it work like the Division PVP areas? Each deployment is instanced, but you only get to keep your loot permanently if you're able to extract it?

Then you can go into a new game with whatever you've extracted?
choose your own fps adventure?

The thing that impresses me the most about this game is the variety of playstyles the game lends itself to. It's a solid fps sandbox with a pseudo-economic system generated by a smash and grab gametype. In my group of friends alone, we have a guy who has never played an fps before lured in by the complexity.. made spreadsheets, gun building depth/realism, hustling crafting and flea market while enjoying the game too with its varying degrees of emotions. I have two friends that are now pure loot runners, ledex resort runs and interchange tech runs with a pistol and a dream. I personally hate looting, so I go in looking for people and try to give em the shakedown in hopes i'll find a pinata and gtfo. I think we're all somewhere "successful" at the moment in the fact we can play each map how we want, which is probably the hardest introductory bit given the gear fear, the unknowing, and so on. My tip would be to learn/rush your hideout, and get your btc farm going so you have some sort of passive income.

While it rewards veterans with easier access to solid loadouts via knowledge/playtime, nothing beats the rush of dropping a thiccboi with some ganky ak setup with abysmal rounds then grabbing his shit, sweating, and wondering if you're gonna get out or be greedy and try to get more.

Either way, Escape From Tarkov Interactive Map | Map Genie

I have only done a total of 1 offline raid my entire time playing eft, and it was to throw F-1 grenades because my friend said they have a 45 degree roll after a few seconds sliding on the ground. I highly discourage you from doing the same, the game will be infinitely easier if you learn the map in offline.. but I found that incredibly boring. Short stint of me tucking in bushes trying to orient myself and find my tasks while looking at a map in a live raid lol. Good times, but also tough times.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Guess they are never going to fix the scav AI, still get shot at by them after I defend myself from another player scav shooting me as a scav.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New hacks out apparently, Labs is a shitshow see if it spills out into the other maps this time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hacker problem always existed but was relatively small, because the game was relatively small. The entire game operates on a client-trust model, so it will basically always be a thing.

A year ago when their first big Twitch drop campaign happened and Tarkov had 300k+ viewers on Twitch the game doubled and then tripled in size, which means there's now a market for RMT, so in comes China and whoever else.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/RelatedEphemeralDogFutureMan-WAcOPF7-IhFVAUxb
clip plugin acting up?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Was unable to ADS and reload or healing took 5+ seconds to activate prior to this.

Sludig

Guess I missed it, but I was getting endless spawns in blinking hall on factory trying to get over to the office to work on both bolt action under 20m and office kills. Didn't go well, was easier last wipe when some of the bolts would reliably 1 tap chest. Think I'll just go do the snipers on customs or something where you can actually get the drop on people easier.

Did get acquainted with people running KS23 flashes then nading or just killing you. I thought it had been nerfed, 30% sunglasses. Still fucked for at least 5 seconds of no vision. So cool, I hope they continue to add made up bullets that do goofball things or making random ammo that has no business having high AP values.