Eternals (2021)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Galactus does feel like a natural fit for Eternals 2. Twist his hunger into a conflict w/ the Celestials, a balancing force of nature / antagonist, harvesting the energy - but both sides still resulting in the destruction of the planets, so bad all around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Thanos is an Eternal, sort of, and so they may not have done anything due to some sort of Prime Directive. They are the Marvel version of the New Gods but with even less direct involvement in the affairs of lesser beings.

It will be interesting to see what exactly gets them to become activated. In the comics it was associated with the evolution and judgement of humanity and you can see how something like a Dr Doom or whatever would not concern them, but half the people in the universe getting snapped should have been the sort of thing that would trigger them.

Unless Putin invade Europe and kill all the migrant i don't think the Eternals will help.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
an MCU film almost got beat out by Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Disney and Marvel's "Eternals" took a steep drop in its second weekend in theaters, but it's still hanging on to first place ahead of newcomers like "Clifford the Big Red Dog."

"Eternals" added $27.5 million over the weekend, bringing its domestic total to $118.8 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. The film, directed by Oscar-winner Chloé Zhao and starring Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani and Gemma Chan, fell 61% from its debut.

Though not uncommon for a big superhero tentpole, it was significantly steeper than the 52% drop seen by the last Disney and Marvel offering, "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings."

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
saw it last night. not terrible. the beginning felt rushed. lots of foreshadowing that played out in the very next scene. probably a lot of development left out due to run time. whoever said this should have been a disney+ show to introduce the characters then a movie was spot on.

zero rewatchability, doesn't progress the MCU in any way

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
fml, watching a few minutes of that was enough to cure me of any desire to see this.

We used to joke about how next theyd cast a black one armed lesbian midget for max diversity.

instead we get a black deaf woman. A deaf Eternal. One of them has cosmic healing powers, but shes still deaf. ok
How does this even work, aren't the eternals robots? Haven't seen it and didn't have much desire, but I read an article that said none of the eternals got 'Snapped' because Thanos only removed living beings/things with souls which... as robots they didn't have.

Fadaar

That guy
an MCU film almost got beat out by Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Disney and Marvel's "Eternals" took a steep drop in its second weekend in theaters, but it's still hanging on to first place ahead of newcomers like "Clifford the Big Red Dog."

"Eternals" added $27.5 million over the weekend, bringing its domestic total to $118.8 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. The film, directed by Oscar-winner Chloé Zhao and starring Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani and Gemma Chan, fell 61% from its debut.

Though not uncommon for a big superhero tentpole, it was significantly steeper than the 52% drop seen by the last Disney and Marvel offering, "Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings."

Dave Chappelle ruined the name Clifford for me in his latest special

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Eternals was too short for its content and story arc... it'd have fit much better as an HBO miniseries like Loki, Wanda, FAWS, etc with more time to develop characters.

It was a bad Marvel movie, and while the forced diversity ploy made much more sense after seeing the movie and understanding the plot, it still was obvious forced diversity... and the inclusion of a gay kiss was just so ultra eyeroll and useless other than pandering to the crying gays who demanded representation.

Other than casting and gay kiss, I didn't see any clear wokeness from the script or anything, so that's a plus for the film. It was worth the watch, I can't lie, but can't give it high marks either due to it's belabored exposition and relatively boring fights sans the ending.

C- film.

• 1Barf

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
How does this even work, aren't the eternals robots? Haven't seen it and didn't have much desire, but I read an article that said none of the eternals got 'Snapped' because Thanos only removed living beings/things with souls which... as robots they didn't have.

The thing is, the actress is deaf. Makarri's disability was more being mute? I guess, since she never actually spoke other than in sign language.

She was deaf, but also could interpret any vibration, including speech, so she didn't hear like a human, but could also "hear" anything.

I think the canonical answer to why Arishem made her deaf was due to her creating sonic booms when she ran. This is only slightly more goofy than the comic Eternals, who are pure 1970s comics ideas.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
NOTE: I haven't seen the movie yet, only read a synopsis.

So I was reading somewhere and this came up, I read what is a major spoiler for this movie and you have got to be fucking kidding me.
Fuck Marvel and this movie in their stupid asses. I was a little pissed when they made the Kree out and out bad guys and made the Skrulls good guys (because fuck whyt pepol, even when they all aren't, and even when they are aliens, AMIRITE?)

The heel turn in this movie totally fucking sucks and makes me want to piss on Fiege's grave. Marvel is dead to me. I have ZERO confidence in anything they do, and won't pay another dime to see anything in theaters. Maybe if they don't fuck up Thor (as if) or when they get to Blade.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I completely forgot that I saw this until I scrolled down and saw the title again on the forum. Shows how meaningful it was.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Galactus does feel like a natural fit for Eternals 2. Twist his hunger into a conflict w/ the Celestials, a balancing force of nature / antagonist, harvesting the energy - but both sides still resulting in the destruction of the planets, so bad all around.

This is literally a subplot of Earth X

Some of the most badass moments from the Earth X series result from this

Galactus confronts the Celestial Host
CDEC7C3F-3BB6-4059-B950-92515C134E1E.jpeg

Galctus uses his “Celestial Annihilator Gun”
E9825691-90B8-4E12-BE27-1A2C85B83C7E.jpeg

Galactus’ own power vs two Celestials
88607CDE-F895-4F97-A134-2208B2DEC69F.jpeg

of course
it’s not really Galactus: it’s Franklin Richards who has entered the final stage of humanity’s mutation

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Haven't read that for some reason, will change that this week :)

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Eternals drops on Disney+ tonight/tomorrow

4k torrents are already up, presumably new zealand or whatever can stream it already on D+

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
About halfway into this shit. And it's bad. Like if I had to make a list of the worst MCU movies this is probably slightly better than Captain Marvel and a little worse than Dark World which puts it in 2nd place!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users