Eternals (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
lol new trailer tries to pre-emptively answer the question everyone is wondering, "where the fuck where you when Thanos came"

short answer: some big red giant robot (?) guy told us we can't interfere unless deviants (??) are involved

some of the CGI looks good, some of it looks really bad. can't tell at all how this movie will be

Juvarisx

Florida
There is no answer that will satisfy the internet neckbeards, so they smartly chose one that the casual fan will go, "Oh, Okay". This will be an ongoing issue as they introduce new characters, the avoided it with Adam Warlock since they can just say he was finished being created after the snap, but who knows what they will have to do for SIlver Surfer and Galactus, when Fantastic 4 becomes a thing in a couple years.

My Guess is you are going to see a bunch of these characters come from the multiverse like Venom.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
There is no answer that will satisfy the internet neckbeards, so they smartly chose one that the casual fan will go, "Oh, Okay". This will be an ongoing issue as they introduce new characters, the avoided it with Adam Warlock since they can just say he was finished being created after the snap, but who knows what they will have to do for SIlver Surfer and Galactus, when Fantastic 4 becomes a thing in a couple years.

My Guess is you are going to see a bunch of these characters come from the multiverse like Venom.
I feel like "2 snaps on earth" is a decent enough reason for everything in the galaxy/universe of a certain power level to look to earth, along with the X Gene waking up, amongst other things, if they didn't want to lean too much on "from a different universe" too hard for everything.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This looks like dog shit.
I haven't seen a clip longer than 3 seconds of this and I stand by my opinion;

This looks like dog shit.

• 6Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 6 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol new trailer tries to pre-emptively answer the question everyone is wondering, "where the fuck where you when Thanos came"

short answer: some big red giant robot (?) guy told us we can't interfere unless deviants (??) are involved

some of the CGI looks good, some of it looks really bad. can't tell at all how this movie will be
Weird since Thanos is an Eternal Deviant hybrid sounds like the perfect time for them to get involved

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Pretty amped to see this, im interested in seeing how the movie take on the expansion of the MCU does as they introduce Eternal lore into it and justify mutants etc.

Also it looks like the short chick uses fireworks and i kept thinking of Jubilee.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They still haven’t released a trailer that makes me interested in this. Most of the past Marvel trailers are decent to really good. This seems, idk, Phone it in Marvel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Multiverse basically lets them explain any new heroes/characters/etc and not fuck with their previously laid out MCU lore. Hell, if they aren't asshats, they could even acknowledge Agents of SHIELD lol

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm sure the multiverse will consist of 95% black trans he/she/they actors. Should be fun.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They have said its solidly based on Kirby's original run which was a thin-reskin of what he was trying to do with New Gods over at DC.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm sure the multiverse will consist of 95% black trans he/she/they actors. Should be fun.
every woman role here besides sersi is a genderbent original male to she role

even the blond girl was a boy i think.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Look I’m not a huge comic guy, but I don’t understand how in the fuck any fan of comics would be ok with this constant bastardization of original content.

Stop watching this shit. It’s not like we have a drought of fucking superhero movies.

Fuck sakes.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Now trending on Twitter, casting news revealed by one of the end credits scenes after the premiere tonight:

Harry Styles as Eros (Starfox), Thanos's brother.

1634628576001.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Look I’m not a huge comic guy, but I don’t understand how in the fuck any fan of comics would be ok with this constant bastardization of original content.

Stop watching this shit. It’s not like we have a drought of fucking superhero movies.

Fuck sakes.
This. Boycotts are stupid and make zero difference to the company, but we don't actually have to watch every superhero movie they release. Theres no shortage.

There arent many bigger comic book geeks than me, but theres still 2 or 3 MCU movies I havent ever had the lack of self respect to sit through. Maybe someday, but I don't hate myself that much yet.

I don't feel deprived by the experience. It didnt take away from Endgame. I suspect I wont feel too deprived by missing the Equity Justice and Inclusion Eternals.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users