Eternals (2021)

Fadaar

That guy
Watched it and also thought it was better then it's bad rep. Definitely lots of wasted potential, but a decent watch. Definitely better than the soulless Spidy-memberberries iMO.

Amod Amod ban imo

gonna channel my inner Foler here. minus the part where inside me is a big black cock.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Movie needed a better cinematographer. So much of it was lit and shot like a TV show.

Sterling

El Presidente
Watched it and also thought it was better then it's bad rep. Definitely lots of wasted potential, but a decent watch. Definitely better than the soulless Spidy-memberberries iMO.
I can understand why someone might not like the new Spiderman, but I would have never suspected people actively liked this movie better than it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Third act worked for me, the rest wasnt good. Should have done a 6 episode D+ show that introduced the characters then had a big movie, this could have worked in that case. Its not nearly as bad as most made it out to be, its like average Fox Marvel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Amod Amod ban imo

gonna channel my inner Foler here. minus the part where inside me is a big black cock.

If we banned people for having wrong opinions this place would be a ghost town.

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Too long. Way too long. It had the bones of a good story. But the movie itself wasn't really good. It was better than Capt Marvel. Not a high bar though. It just failed on too many levels.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just finished it and really liked it. I see the complaints and honestly believe it should have been shorter or something to help with pacing. It felt like it should have been bigger but wasn't. It simply just isn't as good as other Marvel movies and that's ok. It just unfortunate it didn't land as well as something like GotG. It needed a creative touch like Gunn could have given it. It's probably a C / C+ but I think the 47% on RT is definitely low.

• 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah watched it today as well, I expected a complete dumpster fire but it was just ok. Way too long. Ikaris is discount Homelander lol. Sirse is so flat and boring. It felt like Stargate made by Zack Snyder, not a Marvel movie.

If you watch on D+ be sure to go to versions and watch the IMAX version, looks great on OLED

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I can understand why someone might not like the new Spiderman, but I would have never suspected people actively liked this movie better than it.

Not saying it was a stellar movie. But at least it seemed like somebody tried (and in large parts, admittedly, failed) to do something interesting.

The nostalgia-bait-milking trilogy of No-Way-Home/Resurrections/Book-of-Boba-Fett maybe just left me crushed a bit too much.

• 1Edgelord

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Seeing the numbers from this film versus No Way Home is just...

...amazing, and such a "I told you so" example.

It's very simple: The American people don't want wokeism infecting their products.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help myself...

What is the Celestial plan with sending these folks?

Ikaris makes sense as he's insanely powerfull. Makkari works as well so long as you let super speed do it's thing. Druig is good for sentient local species herding.

Phastos is there for the overall 'lifting civilization' mission but he could be replaced by a good encyclopedia.

Ajak has use as a healer/support for the Frontline fighters but is otherwise worthless.
Cersei could maybe help out Druig with local crowd control but since she can't actually use her powers on the things they were sent there to fight she's fairly useless.

Kingo Thena and Gilgamesh are a waste of space if you could have an Ikaris or Makkari in their place.

Sprite is garbage and could be replaced by a slide projector.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help myself...

What is the Celestial plan with sending these folks?

Ikaris makes sense as he's insanely powerfull. Makkari works as well so long as you let super speed do it's thing. Druig is good for sentient local species herding.

Phastos is there for the overall 'lifting civilization' mission but he could be replaced by a good encyclopedia.

Ajak has use as a healer/support for the Frontline fighters but is otherwise worthless.
Cersei could maybe help out Druig with local crowd control but since she can't actually use her powers on the things they were sent there to fight she's fairly useless.

Kingo Thena and Gilgamesh are a waste of space if you could have an Ikaris or Makkari in their place.

Sprite is garbage and could be replaced by a slide projector.
You have just hit on the eternal (pun intended) question regarding DC comics and especially titles like the JLA. Why the fuck do they need gimp heroes involved when they have Superman?

Kiki

Log Wizard
More powerful than his entire family combined. Even the Avengers would be a joke to him without plot armor.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You have just hit on the eternal (pun intended) question regarding DC comics and especially titles like the JLA. Why the fuck do they need gimp heroes involved when they have Superman?
Superman was such an old franchise that they had to keep upping his powers over the years to keep him interesting. when he started out he was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and only able to LEAP tall buildings in a single bound. heat rays and x rays and flying was later on. if i was going to reboot Supes, it would be a reset to his original status. this way everyone else has something to do. the TV show Heroes had a really strong start, but then they started giving out GOD MODE powers like candy and it got lame and boring very quickly.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
the TV show Heroes had a really strong start, but then they started giving out GOD MODE powers like candy and it got lame and boring very quickly.

Heroes was hilarious. Yes, the good guy and a bad guy have ALL the powers. We better add 5 more people that have all the powers too. There was nowhere to go after the first 2, let alone 7.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Heroes was hilarious. Yes, the good guy and a bad guy have ALL the powers. We better add 5 more people that have all the powers too. There was nowhere to go after the first 2, let alone 7.
they lost me when they introduced time travel and the carnies. then they killed off the cute girls or made them gay. was a shitshow.

Goatface

Superman was such an old franchise that they had to keep upping his powers over the years to keep him interesting. when he started out he was faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and only able to LEAP tall buildings in a single bound. heat rays and x rays and flying was later on. if i was going to reboot Supes, it would be a reset to his original status. this way everyone else has something to do. the TV show Heroes had a really strong start, but then they started giving out GOD MODE powers like candy and it got lame and boring very quickly.

they just could not stop giving him powers
1642292144221.png

1642292321058.png

• 4Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Severe brain damage is only thing I can understand for either

• 1Like