Euro 2016

Szlia

One one hand it feels like everything Portugal could have done wrong, they did: You have Ronaldo as a center forward, ensuring he has minimal impact on the game and then you run 98% of the offense with long aerial crosses that pose almost no threat to the polish defense (partly because the defense is packed in the middle, inviting the portuguese team to go to the wings to do crosses and partly because the people doing the crosses are really not very good at them and never tried to move inside the box from the side).

On the other hand... they won, so it's pretty tough to blame a winning strategy. Maybe if they had ?der as a center forward with Ronaldo behind him and they tried to go through the center more with fast passes on the ground the polish team could have scored on a counter attack? We'll never know. All we can say is that Portugal played 5 somewhat shitty matches, never managed to win one within the regulation time and reached the semi finals! Can they go through two more matches this way? Maybe.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I called Querasma being a difference maker and I have loved the guy for years. I dont know why he wasnt picked for the squad in Brazil, baffling really. Im glad he is finally getting his respect.

Portugal has played like shit but the one thing you have to give them credit for is staying true to their approach and believing in the result. They have been down time and time again, yet equalizied and won every time. If they play with a lead it could actually be a detriment for this team I like the path they are forging. Obviously it would be easier to win 5 nil but their coach is notoriously defensive minded, having coached the Greece national team, which was one of the worse attacking teams of all time in a major tournament. This is just more of Santos imposing his will on the game, albeit with results. I dont think Portugal can beat Italy or Belgium or even France with that sht mentality.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Renato crlh!!! Best player and is only 18. He is the only one who picks the ball and carry the game forward. The other midfielders only want to play "safe".
Ronaldo playing like shit but our press is always sucking his cock. And our coach is so poor ffs he still doesn't know how he got here.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I actually thought after going down 1-0 early Portugal really controlled most of the rest of the 1st half. Ronaldo should have had a penalty as well when he was taken down in the box. He definitely is not himself missing as many chances as he had, but at least he is burying his penalties once it gets to the shootout. Have to figure if he keeps getting chances goals will follow. But I expect Belgium to go through and to be too much for Portugal.

Merrith

Holy shit. Must have gif of the little blond Wales fan after great chance got saved. Pretty sure he pulls his hat down and says "Fuck!"

Szlia

I guess tonight the belgian fans wish their team could play a brand of football as boring as the one played by Portugal!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These are some of the worst penalties ever kicked.
Both teams were obviously scared shitless of taking penalties against two of the best keepers of the world.

So far in all the other penalties we've seen nerves of steel, pin point accuracy and only 1 miss in total deciding it.

Well, for the first time ever we defeated Italy in a tournament.

Merrith

That shootout was something else. Only one of the misses I felt wasn't a bad penalty was Ozil's, he just hit the woodwork. Pace on it was very good. Hell, a couple of the ones that did go in probably should have been saved as well (including the eventual winner).