Europa Universalis IV

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm super anal about the early game and getting what I feel is the start that I want. I probably restarted Portugal about 20 times before I finally played a whole campaign.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
after doing the WC thing a few times in multiple Paradox games (EU 4, Rome Imperator, Stellaris) I think I find it more interesting to play the smaller nations with their mission trees.

Its more dangerous (you can actually be curb stomped by any great power if not careful, gives you more investment in making the right decisions and makes the missions more fun

Played some of the Baltic missions last night for Riga and really enjoyed them.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I'm super anal about the early game and getting what I feel is the start that I want. I probably restarted Portugal about 20 times before I finally played a whole campaign.

bro you gotta relax and just let it happen

Chris

Potato del Grande
My greatest acheivement was winning the 100 years war as England, which is almost impossible.

If you can get through all the rebellions over the next 50 years to consolidate the personal union, England+France can easily take out Spain and now you can try to solo the HRE.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
My greatest acheivement was winning the 100 years war as England, which is almost impossible.

If you can get through all the rebellions over the next 50 years to consolidate the personal union, England+France can easily take out Spain and now you can try to solo the HRE.
I've played enough England games that if I DON'T win the 100 years war I restart. I don't find winning that war hard at all if you have the right starting setup. (Alliances, advisors, etc)

Edit: Maine is rightful English clay!!!

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I started doing Ironman to help myself from save/reloading so much.
I only play paradox games ironman. Getting your dick kicked in and trying to cope/adjust makes you a better player.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
after doing the WC thing a few times in multiple Paradox games (EU 4, Rome Imperator, Stellaris) I think I find it more interesting to play the smaller nations with their mission trees.

Its more dangerous (you can actually be curb stomped by any great power if not careful, gives you more investment in making the right decisions and makes the missions more fun

Played some of the Baltic missions last night for Riga and really enjoyed them.
I didn't even know you could do a WC in Imperator! :eek:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've played enough England games that if I DON'T win the 100 years war I restart. I don't find winning that war hard at all if you have the right starting setup. (Alliances, advisors, etc)

Edit: Maine is rightful English clay!!!
I'm not a good player, but I was following a guide and it was very hard before a patch and impossible after. So version is probably really important too.

It's those French death stacks!

• 1Like

faille

Molten Core Raider
Every time I start a new game I want to try something new, but always end up picking a major power after spending 30+ minutes looking at lesser nations. All because I don't want to miss colonizing the new world. Yet when I get to the Caribbean first, claim all the good spots, and end up owning the half the Americas, I get bored and quit playing...
Just work your way through the achievements list. The wiki has a nice page that lists their difficulty and sometimes tips. I've found it a great way to play nations I wouldn't consider otherwise:

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just work your way through the achievements list. The wiki has a nice page that lists their difficulty and sometimes tips. I've found it a great way to play nations I wouldn't consider otherwise:

Maybe I'll try that. I generally despise achievements as busy work, but they did add some extra enjoyable play time on the Total War: Warhammer games.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I didn't even know you could do a WC in Imperator! :eek:
Well, its not quite WC, but Imperator's map is that of the entire world known to antiquity, so from Britain to India.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I play this game entirely too much. And most of that as Byzantium. I'm a GD expert now in beating the Ottomans in the first war by 1455 and its rockets from there. I'm also found of Persia and going Zoroastrian with them.

Hate to say it, those are the only two countries i've ever played.. Its just such a joy taking over Turkish provinces and seeing the names flip to greek.

• 2Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Did they nerf France? Surprised to see them get fucked like that.
I’ve had France just get wiped out in a game. They are super strong, but so are a lot of their neighbors. Bad alliance roll for France and it’s downhill from there. It’s not as inevitable as the fall of Constantinople. I’ve never seen the AI prevent that, though I have seen it come close with a particularly big crusade that kicked off practically at the start of one of my games.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.png

This game went tits up pretty fast. Was having a nice little run as Brandenburg, modestly destroying my neighbors at a pace slow enough not to piss anyone off too much. In the middle of a war I suddenly got the burgandy inheritance just as they are getting their shit pushed in by france. Wasn't aiming for that at all, and being at war with France is no bueno.

Then I guess I hit the wrong button, so now I'm at war with Austria on most of the HRE too. Time to run around behind enemy lies and hope I can annoy them enough to not get completely murdered.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like