Europa Universalis IV

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I didn't mind the map painting, I just hated how every new update to the game seemed designed to make doing it harder (through annoyance, not challenge) and didn't give you anything to do during peace. At least with CK2 and Stellaris you can focus on roleplaying concepts and inner development.
All valid criticisms. Something I hope they work on in EU5. Imperium Rome was supposed to be the meld between CK2 and EU4, but it just came out a mess.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
A good up to date trade guide.

Watched both parts of the video, made some adjustments, 5 minutes later my net monthly income doubled. Thanks for the heads up on this Kaines Kaines

Really getting into this game more and more. My Castile game is going well. I colonized almost all of South America, 100% of the Caribbean and Central America, entire Atlantic seaboard all the way up to Connecticut + Florida and now pushing into Southern US through the Mississippi delta. The Brits are holding it but I already chased them out twice, once from the Andes and once from Brazil.

I got $27K in cash now and I'm netting 100 ducats every turn, when I made that post I had something like 50 ducats total. Havent decided what to do next but all my American holdings formed into colonies (New Castile, New Granada, Spanish Peru, Cuba, Florida, Spanish Brazil) and they're building their own troops and colonies so I think Im done with the New World for now. Going to start pushing Ivory Coast and Southern Africa and see how that goes. Might finally get around to cleaning up that pesky muzzie problem in Morocco. They've gotten pretty big.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Finished my first game after like 80 hours. Seems like I did good. Kinda bullshit that I got the 4th highest scores because they counted my American colonies as separate countries. Even New Castile had a higher score than me at the end of the game.

1588524657464.png

1588524700056.png

1588525360824.png

ended up controlling half of England, parts of Italy, sicily and france and west northern africa. The entire western hemisphere, big chunk of west africa, all of south africa, parts of australia and new zealand, and a big chunk of Siberia.

1588524840558.png

1588524908149.png

faille

Molten Core Raider
nicely done. Wait till you start going after some of the achievements.

is a good page to use as a reference. can sort it by difficulty and by expansions needed. Many also have suggestions or links to full guides.

• 1Like

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Just want to pop in and say the DLC/patch is great content wise. They did a poor job QA'ing this thing (you can revoke the HRE as Austria super early) and there's some other odd bugs, but after taking a good 2 year break, I'm finding the game to be scratching that itch that Civ wasn't giving me.

Been playing a Brandenburg -> Prussia game, and its pretty challenging but once you form Prussia, you snowball real hard

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Just want to pop in and say the DLC/patch is great content wise. They did a poor job QA'ing this thing (you can revoke the HRE as Austria super early) and there's some other odd bugs, but after taking a good 2 year break, I'm finding the game to be scratching that itch that Civ wasn't giving me.

Been playing a Brandenburg -> Prussia game, and its pretty challenging but once you form Prussia, you snowball real hard
Form the Reich Germany. You know you want to.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Haha I’ll probably revoke soon, consolidate to form Germany and then vassal swarm the rest of Europe. I’ve already dismantled France and made my own vassals there (too early to client states Vichy France) and Ive already murdered Poland.

I’ve mostly been messing with HRE mechanics and trying to not be a totalitarian yet with the princes.
I’m also itching to abandon this game and just try an Ottoman run where I convert to Catholic and join the HRE early. I wonder how OP that would be

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed EU4 the first two or three times I learned how to play it. I have like 1200 hours playing it. 9 years later FFS. I may never buy another Paradox game again at this point. It looks like you can just turn off expansions now, I guess? So I don't have to relearn it over and over and over again. I already forget enough about the game between play throughs.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Paradox introduced a subscription model for eu4 last month. $4.99 a month gets you access to all current and future expansion.

• 1Rustled

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Weekly MP EU4 game going on. Tuesdays at 8pm EST. Message me if you're interested. No mods. Three hour sessions