EVE Online

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The most fun I've ever had in Eve was chasing wormholes across the universe and dodging dudes trying to find me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the monthly sub is up to 20$ even. Guess they have to keep the lights on somehow after Dust.

I'm just trying to figure out what the most efficient method of getting another ~5m or so SP is (besides waiting a month). I think maybe just buying plex and buying the large skill injectors for 400k SP each?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Untitled.png

Between this and the however many million sp I can get from the various pack things they sell I could get myself over the 100m sp mark (i'm at like 86m), although I don't think I want to spend that much money and don't even know what all i'd want to skill with it. Not sure why they threw me these 8 "special offers" but they show up on the website store for me like a notification.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea that's wild, I can't even buy those.

I think the math works out that the most efficient way to get SP for me currently is to buy plex, convert it to isk, and buy the 400k SP injectors from the market? It works out to like ~1m SP per 500 plex give or take at the current rates.

Someone old gimme one of their old characters I can suck SP out of it directly lol

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yea that's wild, I can't even buy those.

I think the math works out that the most efficient way to get SP for me currently is to buy plex, convert it to isk, and buy the 400k SP injectors from the market? It works out to like ~1m SP per 500 plex give or take at the current rates.

Someone old gimme one of their old characters I can suck SP out of it directly lol

Tame your addictive desires!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The most fun I've ever had in Eve was chasing wormholes across the universe and dodging dudes trying to find me.
To me it was always about the adrenaline in eve. One of the craziest moments was when I happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time. Looted Shrike's Titan right after it blew up and got his best stuff. Estamel's shield resist, best cap mods in game when they were retard expensive, best smart bombs. I was flying like the wind and slapping the warp out button on my expendible frigate.

Ended up dying and losing like a 100b in random shit in like a 5m ship, but I can remember tons of moments like that in eve.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
To me it was always about the adrenaline in eve. One of the craziest moments was when I happened to be in exactly the right place at the right time. Looted Shrike's Titan right after it blew up and got his best stuff. Estamel's shield resist, best cap mods in game when they were retard expensive, best smart bombs. I was flying like the wind and slapping the warp out button on my expendible frigate.

Ended up dying and losing like a 100b in random shit in like a 5m ship, but I can remember tons of moments like that in eve.

There is no shortage of adrenaline chasing, that's for sure. Was this during a giant battle?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There is no shortage of adrenaline chasing, that's for sure. Was this during a giant battle?
Probably Shrike's 3rd titan, though I was involved in a few of his titan loses, so might be mistaken. I don't think he ever lost one except in a big battle either. We knocked him out of a pos for another alliance to blast him when we had the password. Think I flew a nano bs on the bump team and the recon frig that died in a fire. It wasn't nearly as huge player wise as some of the titan loses, which was the only reason I was able to grab the loot and make an attempt at escaping. People shooting down valuable wrecks/people trying to loot is pretty normal in those big fights.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
man i always ponder eve-ing again. I had a pair of characters that...were okay. one was for fighting and building, the other for transport/salvage, starbase management and research. I remember i had a faction tower and i researched things down, and then used the bp's to be a combat supplier for terrorists. the kind of guys who friggate rush mission do-ers and miners with just enough to kill them before the cops show up. so i'd move all these shipments of drones and ammo and ships to drop for them. hah.

I never did worm hole space. just kind of rattlesnaked missions and scanned.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
man i always ponder eve-ing again. I had a pair of characters that...were okay. one was for fighting and building, the other for transport/salvage, starbase management and research. I remember i had a faction tower and i researched things down, and then used the bp's to be a combat supplier for terrorists. the kind of guys who friggate rush mission do-ers and miners with just enough to kill them before the cops show up. so i'd move all these shipments of drones and ammo and ships to drop for them. hah.

I never did worm hole space. just kind of rattlesnaked missions and scanned.

If you have a cloaked exploration ship or frigate, wormholing is a lot of fun. Keeps it cheap and you can end up in a completely different part of the universe. The NPCs can hit HARD if you're into that kinda thing. I remember there being an app to track wormhole data for corps. Mining ice in shattered holes was fun.

Only real threat are people camping the entrances/exits.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I used to like using wormholes just to go on an adventure and see where i'd end up but I feel like they're pretty pointless to try and make ISK in unless you're actually living in one and I feel like they're just way too much effort and alt intensive, for myself anyways.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I used to like using wormholes just to go on an adventure and see where i'd end up but I feel like they're pretty pointless to try and make ISK in unless you're actually living in one and I feel like they're just way too much effort and alt intensive, for myself anyways.

If you find some wormholes in High Sec that are closely linked to a shattered, you can net some good isk in the ice fields. Sometimes gas depending on the NPCs.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea wormholes are weird now with the way the economy is. I remember going on solo cloaked data/relic runs in wormholes and making 100m isk over a couple hours of scanning, but by todays prices that doesn't even seem worth doing considering the risk of getting blapped randomly?

I'm so out of date I'm not entirely sure how to scale up my income in a realistic way. I'm relatively 'rich' compared to when I logged back in with literal 0 isk (900m now), but compared to what some of the meta fits cost for higher tier abyssals or incursion content I'm basically a hobo, and it's not super clear to me how I'm supposed to bridge that gap yet.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can also use filaments to jump to a random null system, there's 2 kinds you can use that'll either bring you to a high activity or low activity system. There are also filaments to Pochven/from Pochven (depending if you use it in Pochven or not) to a random high or low sec system. Depending on what you're looking to do, I'd recommend you fly a cov ops, a stealth bomber, a T3C (can go cloaky and bubble nullifier for null), a SOE ship (astero or stratios) or a Prospect if you're looking for gas sites.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea wormholes are weird now with the way the economy is. I remember going on solo cloaked data/relic runs in wormholes and making 100m isk over a couple hours of scanning, but by todays prices that doesn't even seem worth doing considering the risk of getting blapped randomly?

I'm so out of date I'm not entirely sure how to scale up my income in a realistic way. I'm relatively 'rich' compared to when I logged back in with literal 0 isk (900m now), but compared to what some of the meta fits cost for higher tier abyssals or incursion content I'm basically a hobo, and it's not super clear to me how I'm supposed to bridge that gap yet.

If you stay in high sec abyssals would be your best bet, but you're gonna have to worry about gankers if you move up to a bling fit Gila. In my experience sov null is usually the safest place in the game, high sec can sometimes be the most dangerous. Like I said before, playing EVE without a corp is missing 99% of what makes the game good. Social skills and making connections with people are probably the 2 most valuable and profitable things in the game.

Skill training wise, you'll probably want to train towards marauders for good isk making potential, gila obviously for abyssals. Rattlesnakes are good in null.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Approach a corp as a newbie and say you want to be recruited as a spy.

That should keep you entertained for a bit lol.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I joined the eve university nerds for now and it's...fine?

They do a lot of stuff in highsec but they have a null/worm branch too I'm gonna move to soon?

• 1Like