EVE Online

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I did run into a gate with bubbles, and the 15ish systems I jumped through all had 5-115 people in them other than 1 that only had 1 other person. The one that had the bubbles had like 8 people in system I think and it was 4 bubbles basically right on top of the gate but it was my exit gate so I just cloak+MWD'd myself out of them and then warped off. Only had 1 PC at the gate I think so wasn't too scary.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well if you want drama. A CSM got banned today for breaking the NDA. Apparently 2 others profited from it and they got a 1 year ban. Not sure if he got banned for breaking the NDA, or banned because someone profited off of it lol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

I did run into a gate with bubbles, and the 15ish systems I jumped through all had 5-115 people in them other than 1 that only had 1 other person. The one that had the bubbles had like 8 people in system I think and it was 4 bubbles basically right on top of the gate but it was my exit gate so I just cloak+MWD'd myself out of them and then warped off. Only had 1 PC at the gate I think so wasn't too scary.

I was cutting thru drone space once in an interceptor and it seemed like there was bubbles non stop from gate to gate lol. They really really waned to stop someone. Maybe they were just trying to create lag or something. I think it was before the changes to decay with bubbles.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Well if you want drama. A CSM got banned today for breaking the NDA. Apparently 2 others profited from it and they got a 1 year ban. Not sure if he got banned for breaking the NDA, or banned because someone profited off of it lol.

EVE is the game that keeps on giving.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well this alliance/corp that invited me seems awesome so far, looking forward to some good times!

Not sure how i'm gonna get my implant clone out to null since I can't fly interceptors but oh well. I'm sure a WH will open up one day, hopefully while i'm around although I don't want to be using 5b of implants while i'm learning null anyways.

They're already trying to get me to go to EVE Vegas this year which I actually might since I've always wanted to go to Vegas anyways.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah we had a WH that went straight to hi-sec the other day but I didn't use it. Am probably going to get my pimped out gila and all the abyss stuff I have shipped over and maybe some other stuff that i'm not sure i'd find on the alliance markets and just keep the clone sitting in hi-sec til another one shows up.

Borzak

Patch this monring. Siege in dreads have a 2% bonus to HAW weapons. Instead of the 200% it's supposed to be. It's listed on the module as 2%.

• 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it doesn't delete your boot.ini I don't want to hear any whining.

• 2Worf
  • 1Rimshot
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Well 64 bit client has been pushed back they announced. So there's still hope.

Last edited:

Borzak

Well this alliance/corp that invited me seems awesome so far, looking forward to some good times!

Not sure how i'm gonna get my implant clone out to null since I can't fly interceptors but oh well. I'm sure a WH will open up one day, hopefully while i'm around although I don't want to be using 5b of implants while i'm learning null anyways.

They're already trying to get me to go to EVE Vegas this year which I actually might since I've always wanted to go to Vegas anyways.

That sounds good. Let me know how it's working out. I applied to a few corps but the ESI or whatever it's called now was down and when it was up they didn't want a character that old and figured I was a spai.

• 1Worf
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sounds like something a spy would say...

If you really want a null corp tho I can try and talk to the guys in the one i'm in and see what they say.

Last edited:

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Decided to do some exploring. Once I finally got a ship together (Heron), I set out for the providence/catch area. Checked about a dozen systems and each was already cleared out except for the combat/gas. I've yet to find a non-hacked data/relic location. Am I in the right area? The relic/data looks like an empty square and I'm unable to initiate any hack. Am I forced to go to wormholes?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Damn wasn't aware of the free starter pack on steam, guess I missed it, would have been useful for a new alt.

Borzak

Decided to do some exploring. Once I finally got a ship together (Heron), I set out for the providence/catch area. Checked about a dozen systems and each was already cleared out except for the combat/gas. I've yet to find a non-hacked data/relic location. Am I in the right area? The relic/data looks like an empty square and I'm unable to initiate any hack. Am I forced to go to wormholes?

An empty square has already been hacked and looted "I think, I really don't look much". A solid square hasn't been hacked and looted yet. Possibly someone "cherrypicked" the site. Used a scanner to find the cans worth hacking and looting and left the rest and got the duck out of fodge in a hurry. Plus on a Friday and weekend they get more traffic judging just from the number of people online.

Also lot of exploration traffic in Providence because it's Sansha sites which the relic pay the most (5m ish for each intact armor plate, and I've gotten 20 in one can = 100m), and the NRDS so that takes some pressure off (or some people think). I'm not a fan of exploring in a wormhole, the sites you are looking for are in C1, C2, C3 which also means more likely to have a high sec static, which means more traffic in and out of people looking for sites to hack, and more traffic of people looking to get explorers.

I use the Thera wormhole to get to null from anywhere and back with limited jumps and avoid the gate camps. The Thera website from signal cartel is handy in it shows the connections, how long a life is left, and useful clicks to zkillboard and dotlan to see how busy the system and area around it are. I look for systems with fewer jumps and fewer kills.

But wormholes C1, C2, C3 will have the same sites. Just make sure you get the right sites. Some of them have sleepers.

Thera site. I just avoid the closest one to Jita normally. Don't do sites in Thera unless you want to die in 0.5 seconds, or less.

Handy chart to show which sites have rats, especially in wormholes.

Because I have spent an inordinate amount of time in Eve the last few years. Sunday nights US time are the absolute best time to explore (especially if you are new). LOL. Americans are not logged in a lot, and Euros are sleeping. Not a lot of traffic anywhere. But if you are exploring in a Heron it really doesn't matter. You should be able to pull enough out of a single can to pay for multiples of the ship. Do a few cans from 1 or more sites and you are set.

Small Rant. When CCP changed the respawn time of some anoms in null it kind of bled off into high sec for some reason. I know, nobody cares. It impacts my main source of isk lol. I buy 5/10 sites for 20m each from players (many of them alphas) who can't run them. They get the escelation from Den anoms which are super easy. So for 20m I get a site in HS or LS that takes me 20 minutes to run in a Gila. I get 12m bounty, 43m OPE as a minimum per site. Loot varies of course. I've had sites drop nothing but the OPE (43m) and as high as 900m with the OPE. Yesterday back to back Pithum B type Adaptive (720m sell). But the amount available to buy has dropped sharply from my sources. I've noticed while going around in high not a lot of anoms up. I think they scaled back the respwn on them. So players who can't run them make 20m off a site that takes a few minutes to run and they can't run the 5/10. Win/Win.

Supid rant off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
An empty square has already been hacked and looted "I think, I really don't look much". A solid square hasn't been hacked and looted yet. Possibly someone "cherrypicked" the site. Used a scanner to find the cans worth hacking and looting and left the rest and got the duck out of fodge in a hurry. Plus on a Friday and weekend they get more traffic judging just from the number of people online.

Also lot of exploration traffic in Providence because it's Sansha sites which the relic pay the most (5m ish for each intact armor plate, and I've gotten 20 in one can = 100m), and the NRDS so that takes some pressure off (or some people think). I'm not a fan of exploring in a wormhole, the sites you are looking for are in C1, C2, C3 which also means more likely to have a high sec static, which means more traffic in and out of people looking for sites to hack, and more traffic of people looking to get explorers.

I use the Thera wormhole to get to null from anywhere and back with limited jumps and avoid the gate camps. The Thera website from signal cartel is handy in it shows the connections, how long a life is left, and useful clicks to zkillboard and dotlan to see how busy the system and area around it are. I look for systems with fewer jumps and fewer kills.

But wormholes C1, C2, C3 will have the same sites. Just make sure you get the right sites. Some of them have sleepers.

Thera site. I just avoid the closest one to Jita normally. Don't do sites in Thera unless you want to die in 0.5 seconds, or less.

Handy chart to show which sites have rats, especially in wormholes.

Because I have spent an inordinate amount of time in Eve the last few years. Sunday nights US time are the absolute best time to explore (especially if you are new). LOL. Americans are not logged in a lot, and Euros are sleeping. Not a lot of traffic anywhere. But if you are exploring in a Heron it really doesn't matter. You should be able to pull enough out of a single can to pay for multiples of the ship. Do a few cans from 1 or more sites and you are set.

Small Rant. When CCP changed the respawn time of some anoms in null it kind of bled off into high sec for some reason. I know, nobody cares. It impacts my main source of isk lol. I buy 5/10 sites for 20m each from players (many of them alphas) who can't run them. They get the escelation from Den anoms which are super easy. So for 20m I get a site in HS or LS that takes me 20 minutes to run in a Gila. I get 12m bounty, 43m OPE as a minimum per site. Loot varies of course. I've had sites drop nothing but the OPE (43m) and as high as 900m with the OPE. Yesterday back to back Pithum B type Adaptive (720m sell). But the amount available to buy has dropped sharply from my sources. I've noticed while going around in high not a lot of anoms up. I think they scaled back the respwn on them. So players who can't run them make 20m off a site that takes a few minutes to run and they can't run the 5/10. Win/Win.

Supid rant off.

What is OPE?

• 1Dislike

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Overlords personal effects. I think you just turn them in to concord for ISK, based on the level of the OPE. High tier stuff drop OPE that is worth 100m+.

Borzak

Sorry, yeah Officers Personal Effects. Can sell at a concord station or on the market. For the ones I get not a lot of difference in price. That and concord station is like 3 jumps from Jita.

I know it's cheesy but it's good isk for me. Spend 20m and make 55m guaranteed with bounty and OPE and up to 900m isk. I kind of like the loot drop aspect, hmm I wonder what I am going to get.

I wormholed into null and ran some anoms with a VNI in an emtpy system/area. Got an escelation. But I really didn't want to risk bringing in a Tengu to a part of null I'm red to everyone.

I do like the "newer" guys (most likely not) who try to see me an escelation in Tama. Umm yeah let me think about that, fuck you.