EVE Online

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Jesus Christ. Loved this game back in the day (launch til ~2008). If I were CCP I'd put my dev efforts into making Eve 2.0 or something, but nah, they'll never do it, or if they do, they'll fuck it up as with all the other crap they've done. They lucked out big time with the original Eve and the decade or so that followed, but they dun goofed since.

Legacy code they parrot to no end. POS's are still in the game even with all the functionality having been replaced with citadels. Legacy code.

Hilmar or whatever his name is (The CEO) has to I mean has to make a game to prove he is something apparently. CCP has flushed money down the toilet left and right which have been basically technical proving stuff and that's it. Dust514 died. Their latest VR game Valkyrie has died and goes offline in August though I don't know anyone that played it. It's game after game. I always assumed someone was paying them to try whatever. Apparently not. There's a half dozen games in the last 15 years give or take that go nowhere.

All while Eve players paid for it. I logged in for the first time in a while and popped into the help channel just to see what the feeling was. Apparently Mittens and Mitanni are blocked in that chat lol.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Legacy code they parrot to no end. POS's are still in the game even with all the functionality having been replaced with citadels. Legacy code.

Hilmar or whatever his name is (The CEO) has to I mean has to make a game to prove he is something apparently. CCP has flushed money down the toilet left and right which have been basically technical proving stuff and that's it. Dust514 died. Their latest VR game Valkyrie has died and goes offline in August though I don't know anyone that played it. It's game after game. I always assumed someone was paying them to try whatever. Apparently not. There's a half dozen games in the last 15 years give or take that go nowhere.

All while Eve players paid for it. I logged in for the first time in a while and popped into the help channel just to see what the feeling was. Apparently Mittens and Mitanni are blocked in that chat lol.
They should have made that shit horizontal content. Dust514 should have been inside of the Eve client and basically mirrored Planetside or something. All of which they could have done a fuck ton with the cash shop. But its whatever - just a ghost of the past now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

The economy is in shambles after industry reworks and "scarcity" of ores/mining shit. Imagine that after they released the Rorq the capital mining ship it was possible to mine enough ore to buy 500 plex in 3-4 hours before a number of nerfs. And with skill injectors they got there the next day.

A t2 fit and rigged rattlesnake with no Ded or faction modules now is 1.5b give or take. About the same as a low end t2 fit maraurder. Maraurders are obviously the gank target now, since most in HS doing lvl 4 missions will have less ehp than a rattlesnake that is passive fit. I've done it just to see how OP it was. Lvl 4 Vargur which is the new hotness with 3k dps with good application so that all hits are exactly the max each time will only have have 50k ehp. So they are big targets compared to a 150-200k ehp rattlesnake. The vargur is all shield boost fit. One cycle will heal 50% or more of the shields, who needs resist lol. XL shield booster, boost amp, rigs and implants 500-800 hp healed per second while in bastion which is only 30 seconds now. Lot used in PVP as well now.

Whole game has fallen off the rails.

Personally I think CCP is going to pay for boost and shit money grab. They give out boosters every log in. Some of which are very OP. Some are just more shields, more range and such. Some are more warp core strength so you can't be scrammed and such. Crazy OP shit. So that it takes multiple faction scrams to get you scramed.

They give out free SP like it's candy as well now. Almost every day. I went from 4-5 in an off remap skill with free SP in less than a month. They "mentioned" at fanfest doing away with attributes but cricket afterwards

Borzak

Too money hungry. The only content they produce is RMT.

Chat now is heavily Russian text to buy isk and I assume people buy plex with it. Of course it's all shady as hell .ru sites. I haven't seen this crap since I first started playing 15 years ago and it was rare then, not now. CCP released dev notes a couple weeks ago about how many thousands and thousands of isk spammer they banned and such. It was an ungodly number, of course these are the same people that say Eve gets 200k new players a month or some such BS. All alphas (free to play) that are obviously moving shit around or whatever.

200k new players a month and at US time it goes from 12k online at midnight pacific time up to 14-15k before downtime. Sunday afternoon it tops out at 20k. Pathetic. Figure a large percentage of those online are alphas that are checking out the game, a large number of professional ship spinners. I haven't looked at Zkillboard but guessing actual player numbers are in the toilet. Hilmar finally got off his NFT kick. Gave out killmails from the alliance tournament that were NFT's. That went over like a narc at a biker rally and he gave an interview and said why not pay for your permenent shit NFT in games like Eve that will be permanent. That didn't last long.

It's like a slow motion death. How to kill a hardcore loyal customer in these easy steps.
I have said the biggest thing Eve has going for it is players have too much time, energy, and money invested in the game to walk away. Lot of people tell me that's a sunk cost fallacy. I think that is the ONLY thing Eve has going for it right now.

OH OH OH we got a new graphics update so nebulas are slightly brighter or some shit. That is the ONLY thing post fan fest that applies to non new players. Same patch we got a new UI update that is optional, it added "compact" windows as an option. You click compact mode on a window and the window gets larger but the headings are slighty smaller. Makes perfect sense....

The cheesiest of cheesiest to prove Eve is now permantely in the crapper. If you die as an alpha player which will happen a lot now that the first couple of missions for the new player experience send you to low sec to mine to finish and go to the next mission. You get a pop up ad in game instead of a kill mail. For only $ x amount you can buy a new fully fit new player ship. Bullshit to the highest power.

For a fee you can "rent" all the skills needed to fly a gallantee or whatever cruiser with support skills for a few days. Same for all factions. Joke beyond joke. I may look into the isk seller site and see what they pay.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
It is sad they are pissing away such a great game. Especially because of the skill training that is constantly on-going as long as you are subscribing. I had no issues keeping my 3-4 accounts subscribed on an annual cycle constantly training things while real life events took over (work, first kid, etc.). I would never do that for MMOs like WoW so I figured CCP had a unique subscription model that was almost low effort on their end as long as they didn't fuck something up.

Easily the most unique experience in an MMO and probably a video game period was living in a wormhole with some other FOH forum members (Kadm and Flamm). Long live Catfish Gumbo!

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
the CCP that you knew was dead the minute PA bought them.

Easily the most unique experience in an MMO and probably a video game period was living in a wormhole with some other FOH forum members (Kadm and Flamm). Long live Catfish Gumbo!

Sin says o/

Wormhole pvp best pvp. I still get the itch to log on Sidonie and camp someones wormhole for a week until they pay me to leave.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Eve got someone that worked at Wizards of the Coast to make the story more "diverse". The only thing anyone says is they wanted everything to be LGBTQ. Almost a 20 year run, good while it lasted.

ogjseo8p3lg91.jpg

• 1Rustled
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
the CCP that you knew was dead the minute PA bought them.

Sin says o/

Wormhole pvp best pvp. I still get the itch to log on Sidonie and camp someones wormhole for a week until they pay me to leave.

What do you camp with?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Eve got someone that worked at Wizards of the Coast to make the story more "diverse". The only thing anyone says is they wanted everything to be LGBTQ. Almost a 20 year run, good while it lasted.
I've hired WotC artists a few times. Expensive but worthwhile, cost me at least whole day of OT. They actually made the art for cards. Fucking story writers for that shit? Lol okay.

Kiki

Log Wizard
What do you camp with?

Usually a t3 cloaked (proteus or loki) to spy and tackle, then I would either log on a dps in their wormhole or jump in with a dps. That was whatever I felt like that day, I used alot of Astartes because they were fairly cheap with high dps, didn't have to worry about losing skills. Then if I was triple boxing I'd bring a jamming falcon/scorpion, neut domi/geddon, etc just to fuck shit up... But if it was just a hauler doing PI, I would just use the scout to kill and possibly use that as bait to get something better. oooo or an instalock sabre (sorry instalock thrasher, but I brought a sabre too sometimes) so I could pod people even on wormholes, oh that was a fun one. Shit I've dropped dreads in wormholes too. One of my favorites was the freighters using a wormhole to jump from highsec to null and we would close the hole using battleships and kill their freighter.

But I would just hang out outside their pos while I was at work and the second they moved I would kill them (this is before bases in wormholes, does that still exist?). A few days of that and I would send the ransom mail (it's cheaper to pay me than spin in your pos). Sometimes Kadm would bring a 30boxed fleet to take down their pos and ransom them as well. No local was so much fun.

I would usually camp holes that had a highsec or something, scan it out before they logged in for the day, put it in corp bookmarks so my corp (who also had a highsec exit) could get to me if I found a fleet plexxing. We would just go down huge chains of wormholes looking for people. We had to have a web program to map everything and some days that shit was crazy, just 50-70 wormholes on there if the whole corp was scanning looking for people. Came in handy, we could reference it, sometimes people got lost and we would chain roll holes to randomly get to them. Just lots of insanity. We would steal pos's that were unanchoring, lock people out of their own hole and make them pay for the entrance, just all sorts of cloak and dagger shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Usually a t3 cloaked (proteus or loki) to spy and tackle, then I would either log on a dps in their wormhole or jump in with a dps. That was whatever I felt like that day, I used alot of Astartes because they were fairly cheap with high dps, didn't have to worry about losing skills. Then if I was triple boxing I'd bring a jamming falcon/scorpion, neut domi/geddon, etc just to fuck shit up... But if it was just a hauler doing PI, I would just use the scout to kill and possibly use that as bait to get something better. oooo or an instalock sabre (sorry instalock thrasher, but I brought a sabre too sometimes) so I could pod people even on wormholes, oh that was a fun one. Shit I've dropped dreads in wormholes too. One of my favorites was the freighters using a wormhole to jump from highsec to null and we would close the hole using battleships and kill their freighter.

But I would just hang out outside their pos while I was at work and the second they moved I would kill them (this is before bases in wormholes, does that still exist?). A few days of that and I would send the ransom mail (it's cheaper to pay me than spin in your pos). Sometimes Kadm would bring a 30boxed fleet to take down their pos and ransom them as well. No local was so much fun.

I would usually camp holes that had a highsec or something, scan it out before they logged in for the day, put it in corp bookmarks so my corp (who also had a highsec exit) could get to me if I found a fleet plexxing. We would just go down huge chains of wormholes looking for people. We had to have a web program to map everything and some days that shit was crazy, just 50-70 wormholes on there if the whole corp was scanning looking for people. Came in handy, we could reference it, sometimes people got lost and we would chain roll holes to randomly get to them. Just lots of insanity. We would steal pos's that were unanchoring, lock people out of their own hole and make them pay for the entrance, just all sorts of cloak and dagger shit.

This makes me miss Eve. I can't tell you how many good and bad experiences I've had in wormholes lol. Shattereds were my favorite when corps were mining the ice belts.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I do miss it, i'm tempted to try it again but I hear horrible things. I had to quit because it took so much time to get into fights. Just hours upon hours looking/waiting and you may or may not get the fight, my wife wasn't so happy about that shit.

Here's one of my favorite kills, ever see a 100k isk t1 destroyer take down 320mil? That'll buy a lot of thrashers. Ignore the old messed up killmails (fucking 10 years ago?), it wasn't naked:

• 1Like

Borzak

Patch today allows for changing clones in an NPC station with no cooldown like citadels have been forever. They repatched to put it in the patch notes cause they forgot.

As for fights of course it depends on where you are and when you play. I logged in Sunday for just a second. 2pm US time and there was only 15k people on. EU time obviously gets more players by a large number. Lot of players in abyss space (instanced) making money I guess since ratting in null is pretty much dead.

Last edited:

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>

ogjseo8p3lg91.jpg
Eve has characters? All I remember was spaceships and real PEOPLE. Oh, I guess the Damsel in Distress is a tranny now or something.

Goonsquad Officer
Eve has characters? All I remember was spaceships and real PEOPLE. Oh, I guess the Damsel in Distress is a tranny now or something.
They wasted like a year of dev time making human avatars you can walk around a station on for no raisin . Most thought it was a Way to spend eve dollars on their white wolf game engine development. Everyone who played found it to be a complete waste of years of development time not spent on little space ships

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Personally feel citadels/fozzie sov/excessive jump fatigue/cap and super rebalance killed the game.

Eve in dominion era. Think 2010 to 2016 was the greatest MMORPG experience since EQ in 99....

RIP Black Legion and Tishu, amazing groups in their prime and frankly BL was likely the greatest collection of super talented/Intelligent people I've ever been involved with in irl or online..

RIP eve. World war bee one was my final act in eve and it was an amazing culmination and example of what makes eve so appealing.

• 1Like

Borzak

I really don't play much anymore. Saturday CCP started a "sale" so that using plex to sub cost 300 plex instead of the normal 500. For a short period plex price went from 5 million per plex to 8 million. Then down to 5.5m quckly. The volume was off the charts on sales on the market for plex. Obviously lot of people had stock piled plex and were going to cash it on for game time and saw a giant opportunity on the backs of newish players.

Jita had nothing but scam buy orders left for a short time. Like 8m-10m per plex, stuff nobody buys but it's just always there.

Had 10,000 plex and sold it for around 8m isk per plex. Not sure why I need the isk but whatever. Kept some plex as an inflation hedge against isk prices. Guessing prices are going to skyrocket for a lot of stuff, kinda like the gov printing money. So later Sunday it's down to 5.25m per plex which is on the upward path it's been on since CCP upped sub prices in dollars/euros. Player numbers were apparently in the trash. Late US time weekday and weekends was down to 10-12k players. Weekend peak Euro time saw maybe 20k players.

For a short time the price history graph on the market for plex was bugged, no matter how far you zoomed out it couldn't catch the going price lol. Too the moon lol. For no particular reason I had logged on and looked at the New Eden Store to see what the weekend sale was. Saw the sale and looked at the plex price 5 minutes after downtime. Too the moon and walked off with a large profit. Settled down pretty quick but still really high.

I suck at pvp and right now my vision sucks. But been feeding a shit load of frigates and cruisers non stop for kicks. Lot of people playing the abyssal/instanced bullshit for money which is not my thing. More plex and isk than I know what to do with. I don't do capital ships, but I could. Wound up with maraurders everywhere for no reason. Short range and long range fits for all 4 cause why not. I'm bored and do the lone wolf thing mostly. Not a fan of talk either. I may move an orca to a wh and camp there for a while. I have multiple plaexed accounts now but lack the mental ability to multibox right now. Basically it's a game that pays for itself.

My bio is bender ascii saying bite my shiney metal ass. Someone said "cool looking C3P0. Learned futurama is banned in part of the world, wtf.

Expansion in Nov. which revolves around faction warfare, but the trailer was basically a new undock cut scene. Not holding up any hope at all. CCP added a new player AIR program. I get isk for doing normal shit all the time in minor quantities, like warping, taking a gate and shit. Anyway you get 1m SP at the end, people found a way to farm it over and over and extract the SP into skill injectors, not sure if that got fixed at all. You know shit is wonky when I spent a billion isk on a suit for my avatar cause why not, wear it and sell it later lol. Big care bear on my alt right now, I don't give a shit. Free game. I used to wonder about people in games that looked for fuck ups and semi broken shit all the time, well that's me now. CCP said they wanted new markets to alleviate the problems, lag, and congestion with Jita. So the triglavians sucked out a high sec system between Jita and Amarr into a wormhole. Making non low sec travel between the two go from 12 to now 45 jumps. Oh that made Jita an even larger market, good job CCP. So in closing, CCP doing CCP shit as usual. The triglavian invasion was rigged from the start CCP admitted after people trashed standings fighting for one side or the other.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I think I finally found a playstyle that will keep me hooked for longer than a week. A combination of missions and Abyssal runs. Just one or the other got too repetitive

• 1Like