EVE Online

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I think I finally found a playstyle that will keep me hooked for longer than a week. A combination of missions and Abyssal runs. Just one or the other got too repetitive

For the 6-8 months I played, it was fun to be able to go invis and poke around in wormholes :) for exploration/artifact stuff.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Anyone still playing this shithole game? I got tired of WOLTK and wanted to get back into Eve for solo exploration/ganking.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I played every so often. As of today the new UI is default. I'm out I guess, it's just too much work and hassle to mess with anymore.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’ve tried EVE a few times and after watching streams and looking at screenshots I seriously don’t notice a difference from the last UI.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Never really played, but enjoyed the articles about big battles, do they still happen at all?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I’ve tried EVE a few times and after watching streams and looking at screenshots I seriously don’t notice a difference from the last UI.
The new one went mandatory and not optinal on Tuesday. I have major flashing issues, sometimes just one window sometimes the entire screen when docking.

CCP said basically they are on to something else cause it was optional for a few months. I didn't use optional because if you tried it one account everything was global it changed all your accounts, but you can't copy one account/character to another. Fairly capable card for running one chracter 3060ti, and new drivers. Changed back to DX11 since DX12 support is new. Nothing.

Patch was Tuesday. CCP said they got very little negative feedback. Small patch wed. to enable the ability to send a petiton/bug report in game again. Umm no shit didn't hear much they had disabled the ability to file a bug report.

Last edited:

Borzak

Never really played, but enjoyed the articles about big battles, do they still happen at all?

Sometimes. But you run into issues of tidi - time dilation so everything moves at a crawl. Most of the the people in those are an alt, they fly capital ships. So you have multiple accounts/characters and your cap pilot only comes out on a limited basis. Increases the cost. It's not an everyday deal by any stretch. CCP does very good at making videos and promoting that type of battle.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The new one went mandatory and not optinal on Tuesday. I have major flashing issues, sometimes just one window sometimes the entire screen when docking.

CCP said basically they are on to something else cause it was optional for a few months. I didn't use optional because if you tried it one account everything was global it changed all your accounts, but you can't copy one account/character to another. Fairly capable card for running one chracter 3060ti, and new drivers. Changed back to DX11 since DX12 support is new. Nothing.

Patch was Tuesday. CCP said they got very little negative feedback. Small patch wed. to enable the ability to send a petiton/bug report in game again. Umm no shit didn't hear much they had disabled the ability to file a bug report.

Multiple overviews is something I wanted for years, so cool that they finally added that in at least.

Borzak

265b isk loss is like 2 titans now, or a little less actually. I know, putting it that way really shows how much the cost/production now is out of whack.

Borzak

Came out today CCP laid off some of the Eve team, but continue to go all in on a new 1st person shooter lol. But this time....

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

You can go omega for 3 days for 1 plex, good for the next 3 days.

CCP is all in on the stupidty again. They got $40 million for a blockchain enabled first person shooter lol.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I never quite got this game. I did enough to get a Machariel setup back when maybe it was still cool and there was some interesting stuff to do but:

1) I don't care about the isk penalty from death and all that but I hate hate hate hated having to part together ships. It just took forever for me.

2) the fleet combat had roles for lots of different ships but the game overall (PvE) didn't. I loved the stealth bombers but had to farm in a Drake or roc or whatever anyway because what were you going to do in a frigate hull.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I never quite got this game. I did enough to get a Machariel setup back when maybe it was still cool and there was some interesting stuff to do but:

1) I don't care about the isk penalty from death and all that but I hate hate hate hated having to part together ships. It just took forever for me.

2) the fleet combat had roles for lots of different ships but the game overall (PvE) didn't. I loved the stealth bombers but had to farm in a Drake or roc or whatever anyway because what were you going to do in a frigate hull.
Putting together ships is second nature once you play the game a while, and long time players usually have all the parts laying around in their hangar. I frequently would land, change my ships setup and undock in under a minute.

As for PvE, there's definitely lots of weird shit you can do if you put your brain to it. Strangely enough, being in 0.0 almost all of my time, it opens your mind to a lot of alternative ways to do PvE. Lots of people would be really confused when they'd see my plex fleet... a vexor and a rifter with t1 gear, when most people use BS's or BCs like the drake and what not. But by god, I cleared plexes and stole loot from people when they were already in it with my cheap space garbage. Nothing like a good reeee in local. The big thing is that most PvE encounters you can counterbuild, and a very strong counter build lets you use wonky stuff and still be effective, but for some reason a lot of people like their ships to be universally good, for reasons I never understood.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider

Nah, fam. You mine space rocks for a couple days then quit and never play again. That's Eve online. This isn't a spaceship game, it's a spreadsheet game.

• 1Like