EVE Online

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a a couple Seizure's IRL and basically my memory is fucked up. I had pretty much "forgotten"eve until I saw this thread pop up.

I miss talking to you also dude, I just got into contact with my corp leadership who are trying to help me set up TS/irc/mumble and shit, since my RAM also died at about the same time I basically lost access to nearly everything as it's like the area of my mind where PW's and numbers were stored was 'attacked" by the first seizure if that makes sense.

No idea when I'll be back to eve in earnest, it could be tomorrow or never. My RL and Memory is just too fucked to really say. It has been encouraging talking to some dudes i knew in eve today. Seeing how much everyone cares though. Really is an amazing community you don't see in games nowadays.

If you want I am pretty sure nosperg.irc lets anyone join, it's run by my corp, and we have randoms from everywhere on it. I plan on coming back and talking to dudes through that and prob the TISHU mumble or w/e we use now at least. So if your bored tonight maybe come join that channel? I should have it up in a few hours i imagine IIRC IRC is not hard to install or use.
Dude, I'm really sorry to hear. I'll see about joining up on the IRC channel and I'll talk to you there.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, It's just irc.nosperg.com if any other eve nerds wanna join and talk or w/e

One of my corp members wrote up a pretty amazing and relatively short summation from our perspective and gave me permission to repost it. Most of this stuffff is around the nets ect.. but it's probably the best "short version" for those who want to know how the CFC got destroyed without reading a milliion reddit posts. I highlighted some of the more important points in this 'war" although that seems like the wrong term for what happened.

Here's the short version of the story just if you want to hear it.
smile.png

You know IwantISK? Like the gambling website bubu got all his ISK from, well main leadership dude inSMA pissed them off by scamming one of their dudes out of 300B. So IwantISK turned around and ended up paying TISHU an insane amount of ISK to just blops the living shit out of Fade for like 2 months.We were getting paid 15B/day, plus we came up with this "money scalps" meme, like from Inglorious Bastards. We made the thread about that joke public as well as the actual deployment post, so you can read those. They were just as funny as they sounded. Demesien from DIX made an amazing video about him making like 10B gate camping in a sabre with the scalps bonus. We also got a few really good fights with scrappy little doctrines, mainly this hilarious AB Confessor fit I came up with that ended up being the alliances favourite doctrine for like a month. Good video of the best fight we got with those.
So as we were getting bored and deciding to call it a day and go do something else, Pandemic Horde decides to get in on this and picks up right where we left off.I'm talking like they deployed to low sec nearby, and just went industrial grade cloaky camping, and completely shut down the region. It was beautiful. Zero ratting going on anywhere for like 3 weeks. During this period, SMA went from over 5k members down to about 3.3k. They were the second biggest alliance in the game and got reduced to absolute trash who were mad they couldn't rat, couldn't successfully bait blops, got rorquals awoxed constantly by spy alts, and put like 30 dudes in a fleet. We finally decide to call it a day and go back to Syndicate. That brings us up to like first week of March.
MEANWHILE IN LOW SEC, this whole time and slightly before it, the CFC announced this big low sec invasion. Bassically like "hurr durr we've won Null sec, now we're going to show everyone we can low sec too!". It started as TISHU + Snuff fighting them in October just before we did that blops campaign, but right as left to go do that Fade contract, they started fleeting up with other low sec nerds to form what is now unironically called "Low sec Voltron". So what ended up happening was the CFC in its entire strength, were making zero ground because they couldn't seem to do anything against these crazy 250 man X-type + Slaves Mach fleets. Their ranting about how Machs were OP was amazing. In the end up, they ended up introducing their own Machariel doctrine (yes the CFC flew Machariels as a mainline doctrine for 3 months) and proceeded to just get owned by those same 250 man low sec fleets reshipping into Proteuses.
So at this point, bigger players are starting to sit up and sniff the blood in the water. CFC losing towers to low sec nerds? Interesting. After much convincing, PL decided to deploy in full force to The Forge and start hitting Vale of the Silent. They made it look like it was just gudfites at first by hitting some russian stuff in Geminate too, but Vale was always the goal. TISHU blued up with PL at this point and moved in with them supers and all because they were just a bit short on numbers by themselves.
BASTN/LAWN who live in Vale just rolled over. Like they fought, but man, they got absolutely dunked. PL dropped titans on them in their own systems and just started reffing all their CSAAs. It was beautiful.
After 3 weeks, The Bastion had an alliance meeting where they announced they were abandoning Vale. Like dude, holy shit. They were completely abandoning Vale. They've owned this region for 6 years. We had a PL/TISHU rattlesnake fleet, an NC. Proteus fleet, and Supers/titans pre-staged in jump range camping their undock hoping to ruin their move op. You could hear the tone change the second this happened. All the important PL nerds went to another channel and were just like "yo, we can actually kill the CFC here, this is totally possibly, holy shit lets do it". So Vale falls, a few days later we redeploy to Hakonen and start attacking M-O where CO2 live, like the entrance system to Tribute from Lonetrek. The biggest fight of the war happens here. It's actually the second biggest fight that ever happened in EVE according to CCP, and goons just get actually megadunked. We're also forming this as-yet unnamed coalition at this point and it's really coming together. The one that's now called Money badgers Coalition. Bassically it's like: TISHU+PL+NC.+TEST+Lumpy together, then you got all the cloud ring/Fountain nerds coming like the culture and such, then you've got Low sec voltron, then you've got OSS + Out of Sight doing their in Venal. They're getting hit on like 4 fronts.
Then immediately after that fight something huge Happens: Circle of Two switch sides. I've been hearing about this for like months and thought it was total vaporware, but nope. After they lost that side, they told the CFC they were joining our coalition and flipping with 30 minutes notice. Crazy stuff.
So at this point, the CFC have now lost Vale and Tribute, have lost Tenal to some literal nobodies from the Drone Regions called "The Drone Walkers" who formed their own coalition to come help and want to live in Tenal after the war so INIT/RZR are now totally homeless too, and FCON are losing Branch to Drone Walkers + the Venal nerds.
So we close in the gap. PL+TISHU deploy in full strength, supercaps and all to X-7 in Pure Blind and NC meet up a few days later. CFC won't even undock a single real fleet, they're doing this dumb "Sword fleet" inty thing to try and kill our entosis ships on timers without fighting, so TEST who're now hugely active again just from their own 200 man interceptor fleet with a better fit/FCs and just dunk those. VFK went freeport yesterday, YA0 this morning, and both system will be taken by the weekend. Meanwhile CFC are getting farmed on their own undock and its open season on doomsdaying anything in Deklein.
At this point we're just doing chill fleets grinding towers with titans and supers, pretty much over, RIP CFC. SMA have left and will probably be dead within 3 months (they're down to 1.5k members from over 5k in December), FCON have left, CO2 flipped, RZR are dead, INIT are feeding in Syndicate, and there's been some amazing leaks on /r/eve that I'm guessing you've seen showing what a total piece of shit Mittani is.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coincidentally, I believe I had a similar discussion on FoH channel yesterday with someone. Might have been RhoA, there's much more people there lately than ussual when I'm alone in the channel with my alts.

We talked about how it's funny that everyone in the EVE Universe looks down upon Provibloc for using NRDS system and the forces attacking Goons use the same thing right now.
And at the same time, people keep using Mumble (made by Goons) :p (word has been around for about forever about a backdoor listen thing in Mumble so goons can listen to anyone using it).

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coincidentally, I believe I had a similar discussion on FoH channel yesterday with someone. Might have been RhoA, there's much more people there lately than ussual when I'm alone in the channel with my alts.

We talked about how it's funny that everyone in the EVE Universe looks down upon Provibloc for using NRDS system and the forces attacking Goons use the same thing right now.
And at the same time, people keep using Mumble (made by Goons) :p (word has been around for about forever about a backdoor listen thing in Mumble so goons can listen to anyone using it).
Yah, that was me.
biggrin.png

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Personally, I'm not a big fan of making people into saints - just because your own personal perception is that way - as was done with Vile Rat.

Life goes on, that kind of stuff happens, you shed a tear, you go on with your life. It also happens every day to millions of people and nobody gives a fuck.

But it's one thing to not care or not buy into the whole "other peoples perception and viewpoints" and that... abomination that was posted in local. That seriously needs to be wiped off the map.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So CCP has released all the info on exactly how Caps/supers are changing with new path. I am sort of disapointed Carriers/Dreads are losing about 50% or so EHP while it seems supers/titans can still get retarded ehp. Also removing warp disruption vulnerability seems silly when your making it so someone needs minimum 26 pointing ships to hold a super. 51+ to hold a fucking titan!

Supers

Titans

Dreadsfeels like with the nasty HP nerf + going from 10-15k dps vs some sub caps to 2k or so they are getting the biggest nerf.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...57&find=unreadCarriers are now strictly Fighter platforms. Essentially very shitty versions of supers. I don't really understand why they made a new ship for the triage role when it was the one defining thing a carrier could do.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not so much Stressful as the metagame is super complex. It can be boring at times when you form up a big fleet then travel/wait for an hour or 3. Only to find your enemys fleet is not coming.

It's a good narrative but I feel like the role of the IWI guys like Lenny is overplayed. It helped kick things off when they hired my alliance to harass Space Monkeys ( unexpectedly this essentially killed the monkeys). However most of the allies facing the imperium have wanted for years nothing more then to decisively beat Goonswarm and its allies. Paying everyone crazy amounts of isk ro so only complicates things imo.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
So CCP has released all the info on exactly how Caps/supers are changing with new path. I am sort of disapointed Carriers/Dreads are losing about 50% or so EHP while it seems supers/titans can still get retarded ehp. Also removing warp disruption vulnerability seems silly when your making it so someone needs minimum 26 pointing ships to hold a super. 51+ to hold a fucking titan!

Supers

Titans

Dreadsfeels like with the nasty HP nerf + going from 10-15k dps vs some sub caps to 2k or so they are getting the biggest nerf.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...57&find=unreadCarriers are now strictly Fighter platforms. Essentially very shitty versions of supers. I don't really understand why they made a new ship for the triage role when it was the one defining thing a carrier could do.

I wonder what that'll do to cap escalations in wormholes.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
EVE. The game that is best left to read a good story about every 6 years.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm living in a C3 solo right now; yesterday I finished up some anoms and decided to pop my static U210 and see if I had a decent connection to go haul loot to sell. Opened into Sarenen. Whoops.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
As someone who is not an EVE player, this article was a well written description of things...sounds like this game can be stressful?
Ehh, as stressful as you want it to be. The vast majority of Eve players don't really do anything that I'd call stressful. There are a surprising number of people who log in just to get paid transporting other player's loot around for a shitty paycheck, or watch Netflix while they mine rocks for a shitty paycheck... etc etc.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
Ehh, as stressful as you want it to be. The vast majority of Eve players don't really do anything that I'd call stressful. There are a surprising number of people who log in just to get paid transporting other player's loot around for a shitty paycheck, or watch Netflix while they mine rocks for a shitty paycheck... etc etc.
So it's virtual real life

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Drunk duoing C3 sigs last night with my brother. This is a Wolf Rayet WH. I'm in a Confessor and he's in a Brutix. I see combat probes on dscan and tell him to get off grid. He's warping out as an uncloaked Helios lands 30km away from me. Wat. Helios successfully tackles me for all of 2 seconds before we both realize that I'm flying a fucking Confessor in a Wolf Rayet. +116 percent small weapon damage. Lol. Although honestly even without the WR system effect, I'm perplexed by the use of a Helios for initial tackle...

Helios | Sebastian Wolfgang | Killmail | zKillboard

His friend arrived a bit too late and I can't even remember what he was flying but I had too much sleeper aggro and decided to bail. I dropped a "gf" in local and he responded cheerfully and said because of my carebear killboard he didn't expect me to shoot back. Funny stuff.

So it's virtual real life
I think carebear activities in Eve appeal to it's niche playerbase because A) it isn't twitch gameplay, and B) you're always training skills so there is no exp grind. The crafting in Eve is an integral part of the whole game and no other MMO offers anything even remotely similar.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Your story is a bit hole-y. If that Helious lands 30km from you, how does he tackle you with his 10.5km overheated scram? Were you standing still for some time or moving towards him to close the 20km gap? Or is that the part of the drunk?
wink.png

Me, I live in Providence for the past 3 1/2 years of my carebear life and can't be bothered to carebear anymore. All I do all day is sit in a station with scouts up and down the pipe waiting for some reds to show up, so we can send them back to their clonestations via pod-express on the gate.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Your story is a bit hole-y. If that Helious lands 30km from you, how does he tackle you with his 10.5km overheated scram? Were you standing still for some time or moving towards him to close the 20km gap? Or is that the part of the drunk?
wink.png
I finished the "last sleeper" of the site so I could go back and salvage it, which ended up spawning a wave since I somehow lost count. Drunk for sure, but yea you're right, I don't think the Helios was able to tackle me -- he flew straight into a Confessor's WR-boosted guns. I had to clear the frigs off the grid since they for sure had me scrambled.

I'm enjoying quasi-carebear activities in jspace. It feels different than something like Incursions. I still have to plan around enemy activity, scout for my logistics runs, etc etc. I think if I get bored I'll move up to a C2/C4 static which will definitely give me more visitors than my C3/low static. My initial plan was to pick something like this so I could get my feet wet; and sure enough, I bet 99 percent of my visitors pop into a wolf-rayet and look at their shield doctrine ships and think "nah fuck this" and leave. Obviously any real crew isn't going to be intimidated by 1-2 people boxing some T3 dessies but it's astounding how many people in jspace really just want to be left alone.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
but it's astounding how many people in jspace really just want to be left alone.
Not surprising. Personally, I thought at first that w-space would be like some tough-to-get-to-space I could basically find refuge in but the only wh I was in was constantly infested with other people. I couldn't even carebear without some schmuck firing on my ratting or mining ships. Horrible. Then I found me a nice home in null-sec where I'm not bothered much.

Personally, I think the more rewarding wormholes should have somewhat more traffic than the less rewarding ones. I was in a C2 or C3 and it had a C3 static and a pretty much constant connection to low and high. Horrible.