Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its going to be a pvp server with permadeath, except you can consume krono to add extra lives which instead cause you to respawn until you disable consumption or run out.

The first character to reach 50 gets a free lifetime pass for the account. Second place gets a special title "first of the losers." The server is reset and xp rate reduced upon a third.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I realize it's completely stupid but i always thought a PVE permadeath server with like 10x experience and like efreeti / GL dropping one rez item, gods/dragons dropping like 10 per would be a blast, obviously have to do no death touches lol.. maybe make no-drop loot persist through death idk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I realize it's completely stupid but i always thought a PVE permadeath server with like 10x experience and like efreeti / GL dropping one rez item, gods/dragons dropping like 10 per would be a blast, obviously have to do no death touches lol.. maybe make no-drop loot persist through death idk.
That kinda server would be a cleric's permanent anxiety attack.

Someone would undoubtedly go to take a piss and their cat would hop on the keyboard and 20k them off a cliff LoL.

I appreciate the roleplay aspect of perma-death server, but there's too many "oh shit" exceptions that would make it unbearable imo. Also, wouldn't the Resurrection line of spells make perma-death pointless except just the early game? For S&Gs and dialogue, would your plan be to eliminate res spells? I know you said raid targets would drop res sticks but what about cle resses? Would all people who die go to Shadowhaven with no zone-out?

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea cleric rez's would not exist.. again i know it's a stupid idea of a server, but my twisted self would love to play it. Die you'd just respawn naked (or with your nodrop shit?) as a level one in noobie city

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Permadeath is fucking amazing when your crew is in their upper 30's fighting at the temple in CT when a group of 6 SKs zone in and instantly teleport to you via hacks and procced to all blow their harmtouches to wipe out half your friends.

I literally snapped my keyboard in half.

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
If it's PvP I'm going to have to go full stupid on this

From an old school Vallon Zek player ... you do not want this. The boxers and level racers would lock down the server and corpse camp everyone.

Silinius_LJ

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Roxxlyy: "We'll have some dates and details out for you all in the next couple of weeks - still should be about a month ahead of the anniversary" - and nerds everywhere sighed collectively and pounded their keyboards.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Roxxlyy: "We'll have some dates and details out for you all in the next couple of weeks - still should be about a month ahead of the anniversary" - and nerds everywhere sighed collectively and pounded their keyboards.

Well a month ahead of the anniversary would be roughly Valentine's Day - so could improve the day for the lonely folks i guess, lol.

And probably not touching these, FYI - happy on Phin. If one the HC is a Quarm-style temp thing I may dabble though.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Permadeath is fucking amazing when your crew is in their upper 30's fighting at the temple in CT when a group of 6 SKs zone in and instantly teleport to you via hacks and procced to all blow their harmtouches to wipe out half your friends.

I literally snapped my keyboard in half.

yea I played discord too, shit was fun/frustrating all at once, but I enjoyed the concept. I'm just way more of a PVE guy and think it would be a fun concept to apply to pve only to see how far people could get.

edit: but like i said i realize it's a stupid idea and won't happen just something i think i would personally enjoy

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
“We’re so happy about the massive response for our 20th anniversary servers! Our Hardcore server will have the Coirnav ruleset with double experience rate and corpse loot enabled.

Our casual server will be ground breaking. First time ever you can play Everquest from your browser!

- Prathun”

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bro don't tease us. Tyen may be a cucklord but I am all about some eqbrowser.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
haha man if that was legit tyen tyen would never shut up- also I would instantly become like 30% less productive at work (after relocating to somewhere my monitor faces the back wall)

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
I'd probably be willing to do $30/month minimum on some type of browser/app eq that had rare items camps requiring playtime, guild type pve encounters per week, some auction house, and some type of level up/level aa daily grind built in.

But only if I get to see familiar mobs names and dungeon background themes

Would be very similar to the app Book Of Heroes. Someone hire in and steal their code!

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
After reading this thread I can't tell if i should be hyped or hiding my face in my palm.

• 1Solidarity