Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea like i said i can definitely see the appeal, and i think the model works insanely well for what you're doing with it currently as i understand it (past expansion or otherwise not cutting edge content with randoms). My concern would be more how well it would actually function from a progression standpoint / equipping a guild for actual current content, without some sort of restrictions.

Personally I think I would prefer a more standard loot distribution method with only mains eligible and just sell/split all the proceeds (since we're talking FV rules and everything is droppable anyway so no need to actually be at the raid unlike what you're doing now) of the shit no mains need.

Yeah, it works REALLY well to do old expansion content with randoms. Incentivizes mains to show up and perform for the payday, gets people to bring alts to buy stuff, and it overcomes the whole /random bs of pugs. I do think you have some points about a guild doing current era content. Would be interesting to try anyways.

This is all hypothetical, though. We're getting Phinny 3.0s with lockouts and exp adjusted.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Say what? FV became meaningless once they upped the one character per account to three (or whatever it was) and broke down the forced role/play aspects.

Loot whores always got to destroy nice things.

The fuck out of here with this - all that has ever mattered in EQ is the loot and proving you have a bigger donger than the jerks in the other guild(s).

Go "role play" with your fake online girlfriend someplace else nerd.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I’ll never forget our FV FOH groups journey into the depths of Nurga for exp. It was a brave group of adventurers. sukik sukik @moskank @keelhaul Z Zithax and myself.

We needed one more because that big group bonus exp was going down. Low and behold we got a Roleplayer from Citizens of Dawn guild. They only allowed worshippers of Good. Terro the Paladin was his name and shit pulling was his game. He let us know about his true love in the Circle of Sisters guild. His gear was abhorrent but he larped like a boss. Probably the worst person I’ve ever grouped with.

/salute Terro whereever you are

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
I’ll never forget our FV FOH groups journey into the depths of Nurga for exp. It was a brave group of adventurers. sukik sukik @moskank @keelhaul Z Zithax and myself.

We needed one more because that big group bonus exp was going down. Low and behold we got a Roleplayer from Citizens of Dawn guild. They only allowed worshippers of Good. Terro the Paladin was his name and shit pulling was his game. He let us know about his true love in the Circle of Sisters guild. His gear was abhorrent but he larped like a boss. Probably the worst person I’ve ever grouped with.

Bullshit, that honor is reserved for our Lambo driving Bard and his buddy Trak "I path through Juggs" anon.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
When I played in Fire and Fury on FV, we used a Loot Council, and mandatted that if your replaced gear was from current or previous expansion, you had to hand it down to another guildie.

Any items you replaced that were older than that, you were free to keep and sell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
The fuck out of here with this - all that has ever mattered in EQ is the loot and proving you have a bigger donger than the jerks in the other guild(s).

I always thought eq was about can you manage a call list

I almost messed up the first Quellious trak kill. Sadly, some people were alert and did not get taken in by my /shout wave one go go go! call.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like all the hype over these servers is dying because Daybreak can't just drip out a bit of information at a time at least.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having raided on both regular and FV in the past, FV was so much more fun. When some got an upgrade, they would pass down what they replaced, and so on. Some nights were fuckin loot piñatas and you felt like your entire guild just got upgraded, was great.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm not too worried about the excitement levels. We're still around five weeks away depending on when the launch happens. People were not going to stay hype. Not having rules yet is its own dilema. I know a bunch of people that are maybe interested but need details before making any kind of decision. For the moves and shakers looking to organize premades and/or recruit for guilds it has to be very frustrating to have a slew of people waiting on the sidelines to see what shakes out. We don't even have a timetable for when that information will be available.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rulesets are one thing, but launch dates really need to be released. If Daybreak wants to maximize their profits we need dates so people can take time off work and so forth.

• 2Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not having launch dates is for sure a mistake. There's nothing to be gained from dragging that out.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not having launch dates is for sure a mistake. There's nothing to be gained from dragging that out.
Everything about not announcing all of it right now is a huge mistake.

Do they expect us to believe that they are having daily meetings about when and how the servers are going to work? They already know exactly what they are going to do but they wanted to trickle the info out for “hype”.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Everything about not announcing all of it right now is a huge mistake.

Do they expect us to believe that they are having daily meetings about when and how the servers are going to work? They already know exactly what they are going to do but they wanted to trickle the info out for “hype”.

I don't hate having a teaser announcement that is light on info but you need to follow it up. It's two weeks later (and two weeks closer to release) and we aren't any more informed.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

And you remember him by name to this day

Sterling

El Presidente
People remember all kinds of dumb shit. Don Mattingly hit 6 grand slams in the 1987 season. Sea otters are the largest weasel. My gym locker combination in 8th grade was 26, 12, 42.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Actually Master Douchebag is a nice Place Holder for his good name. I just made that one up in hopes someone else like rad rad or sukik sukik would remember it. Please don’t tell me it was Captain Sternn that cheated you outta immortal life ?!!!??????