Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why people think fv = casual. After many mudflating expansions and years of market saturation sure, you can just buy past bottlenecks. In a tlp environment? No fucking way. Ni hao bitches.

Sterling

El Presidente
free loot in addition to the click AAs means getting the first AA click means the whole guild gets it. First Emp Robe/Shawl is going to be a real big deal.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean it would increase the average gear level of the server by quite a bit, making shit easier. Just because all the shit that would normally be rotting or going on someone's 4th level 46 alt would be getting sold off to randoms increasing the overall gear of the server as a whole... so I could see the argument. But holy Krono farm.... If that happened I'd for sure want to play and join some guild that doesn't gear alts and just sells everything mains dont' need off and does a weekly split or something.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
free loot in addition to the click AAs means getting the first AA click means the whole guild gets it. First Emp Robe/Shawl is going to be a real big deal.

It was my understanding that FV has an exception to this that you have to maintain possession of the item to keep the benefit to prevent this very abuse. But I fully expect Daybreak to forget to implement that lol

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean it would increase the average gear level of the server by quite a bit, making shit easier. Just because all the shit that would normally be rotting or going on someone's 4th level 46 alt would be getting sold off to randoms increasing the overall gear of the server as a whole... so I could see the argument. But holy Krono farm.... If that happened I'd for sure want to play and join some guild that doesn't gear alts and just sells everything mains dont' need off and does a weekly split or something.

After all the success I've had running plat raids and some discussion about how to prevent some very obvious RMT abuses from an FV loot TLP I think a plat dkp guild is the most effective way to operate a guild on a FV loot TLP.

Sterling

El Presidente
It was my understanding that FV has an exception to this that you have to maintain possession of the item to keep the benefit to prevent this very abuse. But I fully expect Daybreak to forget to implement that lol
Didn't work that way on Quarm. But who knows.

Needless

Toe Sucker
FV was by far my favorite server lol, seeing a TLP version of it would be fantastic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
FV loot rules (skipping the language barrier and one character per account restrictions FV had at release) while also having /pickzones plus AoCs would set so much stuff at value = zero. Combined with a very gentle experience rate it would give lots of people the opportunity to level up and twink out classes they maybe wanted to give a go but didn't for one reason or another. Easy leveling + easy twinking + easy raiding = population and retention. Throw in boxing plus the removal of the raid mob buffs and that would indeed be "ultra casual."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
After all the success I've had running plat raids and some discussion about how to prevent some very obvious RMT abuses from an FV loot TLP I think a plat dkp guild is the most effective way to operate a guild on a FV loot TLP.
How do you combat some jerkoff with a billion plat just buying everything first raids of expansion? limit items purchaseable per raid? or just if he's got more plat than everyone he wins and the others then get a split of the plat, but are stuck waiting? Overall I don't hate the idea but I'd be curious how it would actually function from a legit guild standpoint.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
FV loot rules (skipping the language barrier and one character per account restrictions FV had at release) while also having /pickzones plus AoCs would set so much stuff at value = zero. Combined with a very gentle experience rate it would give lots of people the opportunity to level up and twink out classes they maybe wanted to give a go but didn't for one reason or another. Easy leveling + easy twinking + easy raiding = population and retention. Throw in boxing plus the removal of the raid mob buffs and that would indeed be "ultra casual."

If casual has all that then hardcore would be doa.

The sad thing is that even if they have two amazing and innovative rulesets, there wont even be enough time to advertise them outside of the normal tlp crowd which is already divided across 5 other active TLPs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
like effectively I feel like that makes just farming efreeti for plat during classic more valuable from a go forward dkp perspective than actually raiding

Thyflesh

N00b
Is it March yet?

EverQuest Spectre Art.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If casual has all that then hardcore would be doa.

The sad thing is that even if they have two amazing and innovative rulesets, there wont even be enough time to advertise them outside of the normal tlp crowd which is already divided across 5 other active TLPs.

wts
item_1126.png
Shroud of Longevity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can’t wait to have the stupid debate on whether or not waking the sleeper right away is the best move ...

It is not and caring whether other guilds sell loot from it shouldn’t be part of your decision. Not trusting your own guild mates to not sell the loot means you aren’t running the guild either, they are running you.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
How do you combat some jerkoff with a billion plat just buying everything first raids of expansion? limit items purchaseable per raid? or just if he's got more plat than everyone he wins and the others then get a split of the plat, but are stuck waiting? Overall I don't hate the idea but I'd be curious how it would actually function from a legit guild standpoint.

You don't attempt to combat it. Everyone else gets richer and wins the next drop. You also don't "win" by farming more plat because you end up sharing that with everyone else when you buy an item. Everyone gets richer and the rich whale gets the item. In practice people love it.

• 1Like

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea like i said i can definitely see the appeal, and i think the model works insanely well for what you're doing with it currently as i understand it (past expansion or otherwise not cutting edge content with randoms). My concern would be more how well it would actually function from a progression standpoint / equipping a guild for actual current content, without some sort of restrictions.

Personally I think I would prefer a more standard loot distribution method with only mains eligible and just sell/split all the proceeds (since we're talking FV rules and everything is droppable anyway so no need to actually be at the raid unlike what you're doing now) of the shit no mains need.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I got a nagging feeling that they're gonna announce the deets of the servers tomorrow!

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Say what? FV became meaningless once they upped the one character per account to three (or whatever it was) and broke down the forced role/play aspects.

Loot whores always got to destroy nice things.

• 1Like