Everquest - 20th Anniversary TLP

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I almost messed up the first Quellious trak kill. Sadly, some people were alert and did not get taken in by my /shout wave one go go go! call.

Oh hell, a fellow Quellious server inhabitant? I was a shitty casual magician there, but I won the server best of the best somehow. I think because PvP resists were wonky, so I just stacked HP gear. And my only competition was eliminated early, because he helped out newbies in the arena by summoning food. Back then the icons for summon food and summon earth pet were identical, so he went into his round expecting to summon an earth pet but forgot to swap spells back. Kind of hard to win a mage fight with no pet and just blackened bread :p

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I figure it comes down to three options:

1. They aren't releasing the launch date because they are too stupid to realize how beneficial it would be.

2. They agreed to let someone make the announcement and this person is dumb and/or lazy.

3. They aren't releasing it because they are trying to get some TLP shit together, desperately regretting promising two servers because they can't BOTH be phinny 3.0, but they have nothing else to give out anywhere close to "on time" and are fumbling. This is my guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

1. They aren't releasing the launch date because they are too stupid to realize how beneficial it would be.

2. They agreed to let someone make the announcement and this person is dumb and/or lazy.

3. They aren't releasing it because they are trying to get some TLP shit together, desperately regretting promising two servers because they can't BOTH be phinny 3.0, but they have nothing else to give out anywhere close to "on time" and are fumbling. This is my guess.

I'm a firm believer in #3. They only knew they wanted a hardcore and a casual server, but have no idea what either even means.

If you're into retard slap fights just read the official forums. Everyone's arguing over whether a few basic features should be classified as casual or hardcore.

Knowing DBG, I have faith in them coming out of this with all sides pissed off

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i figured they would let the people speak then choose the options from that pool of threads and then announce soft and hard features.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Hardcore = 2 month onlocks with slow xp, Casual 4 month unlocks and faster xp and otherwise phinny/coirnav clones. This seems like something super lazy and uninspired and low effort that could legit happen. Sad thing is if it happened a lot of people would still play since at this point I think a pretty big portion of existing TLP players are more interested in the META/guild portion of TLP than the actual content.

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's the exact rulesets I've been expecting all along. Its sad but lots will play. I will play because I'm autistic.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I will play because I'm autistic.
giphy (5).gif

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
That's the exact rulesets I've been expecting all along. Its sad but lots will play. I will play because I'm autistic.
I mean they'll probably throw in some small wrinkles but something close to that seems likely. I'll roll up characters though because I can't resist the meta guild shitfest that's been building up.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I refuse to believe that. I'm predicting FV+SZ combo with corpse runs, one char per account, and truebox for the hardcore server.

I want to believe

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ideally they will launch with GoD open for 6 months then 2 month unlocks, exp will suck, fv loot, aocs w/ half lockout timers, 1 char per account. Let us really race towards something.

Casual server would open at velious for 6 months then 4 month unlocks, exp will be great, aocs, no motm.

But this is all a pipe dream because Daybreak doesn't have that kind of creativity.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll avatar bet anyone that there will NOT be corpse runs.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist

I imagine the EQ devs came back from lunch on the 25th to find the newsletter and this was the first official word theyd heard about a new TLP.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
How do you combat some jerkoff with a billion plat just buying everything first raids of expansion? limit items purchaseable per raid? or just if he's got more plat than everyone he wins and the others then get a split of the plat, but are stuck waiting? Overall I don't hate the idea but I'd be curious how it would actually function from a legit guild standpoint.

Why do you hate America?

• 1Like
Oh hell, a fellow Quellious server inhabitant? I was a shitty casual magician there, but I won the server best of the best somehow. I think because PvP resists were wonky, so I just stacked HP gear. And my only competition was eliminated early, because he helped out newbies in the arena by summoning food. Back then the icons for summon food and summon earth pet were identical, so he went into his round expecting to summon an earth pet but forgot to swap spells back. Kind of hard to win a mage fight with no pet and just blackened bread :p

Mages. If you had a dollar every time a group leader or raid leader said "no pets plz!" back then...

When my guild (Wraith) was trying to figure out AoW, SOE implemented that mana rod rule so they were lore and thus each player could only have one at a time. The mages in the guild cast a bunch of rods and dropped them on the ground and spelled out "Fuck you SOE." Funny stuff like that makes me remember those early days of online mmo's.

Wish I had those screenshots still, but that was like a dozen computers ago lol.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
They are just letting us freak out and crowd source the rules. Playing the long game. Here’s to wishing.

• 2Like

Foaming

Lord Nagafen Raider
After crowdsourcing ideas that have existed for the last year but they've ignored they realize there is no way they have time to implement so they give us Phinny 3.0. But hey, the Agent of Change will be tailored to match these servers!

• 1Like

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Make a server called “Agent of Change” and then population can vote in and out rules regularly.

Ahmazing

• 2Like